Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Hi friends, we will be arriving next week - I typically get MM, but won’t be this time. I’m wondering if you can still have a photo pass photographer take your photo (with their camera) and just pay for the single shots versus all of memory maker? Thanks!
Yes, you can have the PP photographers take as many photos as you want. They’ll all show up in MDE along with ride photos, and you can pay to buy any individual photos you’d like to have. I have no idea what the single photo price is, but I’m sure someone will be along here to tell you.

I’m hoping to get some clarification on Memory Maker and PhotoPass sharing, as we didn’t quite get a clear answer in AK today.

I purchased the Memory Maker, and all is good for me. Linked up, etc. I can see all of our photos from the roaming photographers + ride photos, and I can download them or share them. My family, however, only sees a portion of the photos, and the ones they do see are all watermarked. Is it even possible to have their MDE app show unmarked photos as well as all of the ones on my app?

I’m hoping to get some clarification on Memory Maker and PhotoPass sharing, as we didn’t quite get a clear answer in AK today.

I purchased the Memory Maker, and all is good for me. Linked up, etc. I can see all of our photos from the roaming photographers + ride photos, and I can download them or share them. My family, however, only sees a portion of the photos, and the ones they do see are all watermarked. Is it even possible to have their MDE app show unmarked photos as well as all of the ones on my app?
Unless they pay for a given photo or buy their own MM, the photos will be watermarked. However, I think they should be able to see your photos as long as you’re sharing your photos with each of them (a setting in your F&F list) and on the Photos page in MDE, under Filters, they click View All (I think it defaults to Only Mine).

Hoping for help in confirming what I'm thinking. We have a trip this summer. Sister purchased MM and we are all connected via MDE. I also have a 2022 summer trip for which I purchased MM. As long as I don't download images, my MM purchase won't activate, correct?

I've never had two trips planned simultaneously so I'm not 100% sure. Thanks!

Can I reassign the memory maker after I edit the photos I want, so someone else can edit their's, or is it strictly one person who can do all the editing for their party? Sorry I searched an nothing clear came up on this . Thanks everyone.

Can I reassign the memory maker after I edit the photos I want, so someone else can edit their's, or is it strictly one person who can do all the editing for their party? Sorry I searched an nothing clear came up on this . Thanks everyone.
The owner of the photos is the only one who can log in to edit photos while they're still on the PP website. So you would have to give other people your PP login for them to be able to edit on the PP website before download. Otherwise, you can download them and give them the original photos to edit (of course then they lose the Disney embellishments).

Somewhere I saw a post about pictures that werent taken with a photographer, but like an automated system? Is this part of the memory maker or something different?

We are DVC members and purchased our Annual Passes before Covid. We have not had annual passes before this. We have not activated them but have a trip planned July 8-11th and will activate them when we get there. Will our Memory Maker be active as soon as we activate the annual passes? I know you normally need to purchase your Memory Maker in advance. Thank you in advance for your help.

We are DVC members and purchased our Annual Passes before Covid. We have not had annual passes before this. We have not activated them but have a trip planned July 8-11th and will activate them when we get there. Will our Memory Maker be active as soon as we activate the annual passes? I know you normally need to purchase your Memory Maker in advance. Thank you in advance for your help.
Technically, the photo download entitlement with an annual pass is NOT memory maker, but works much like it. As soon as you activate the AP, you will be able to download your photos.

Thank you for the information. Going next month. What are some people's favorite Photo Locations? Plan on doing all the super zoom shots.

I’m trying to add a frame to my pictures and I am having a hard time downloading it on my iPhone. Any tips would help. Thanks.

So with all the changes and no free Magic Bands, I am wondering how photos are being linked to your account. I am looking into a smartwatch that will work in the same way as a Magic Band. Apple is not an option being that it is too expensive. Any affordable smartwatch options out there so that I can pay, store tickets, and use Memory Maker?

So with all the changes and no free Magic Bands, I am wondering how photos are being linked to your account. I am looking into a smartwatch that will work in the same way as a Magic Band. Apple is not an option being that it is too expensive. Any affordable smartwatch options out there so that I can pay, store tickets, and use Memory Maker?
You can enable Bluetooth for your MDE, and photos will connect to your account via your phone, assuming it's somewhere with you when you ride. Sorry I can't help with smartwatch recommendations.

That is huge. So as long as bluetooth is enabled, all of my ride photos will connect to MDE? My old Magic Bands will work if I tap the mickey by the ride photos. Thank you for the help.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong when trying to edit my Memory Maker photos? In the past, I’ve edited our photos in my MDE account on the website, cropping or adding stickers or frames. Evidently you now are only able to edit the photos in the app. I’ve tried on my iPhone and iPad, but when I go to the frame choices, it shows a spinning icon saying “Loading Boarders.” The same thing happens when I try to add a sticker or filter. It won’t let me add a frame or sticker, or save the filter choice. My time to edit the photos is about to expire so I need to figure it out. I’ve already downloaded & saved all the photos but I thought I could still edit them since they are still in MDE, then download the newly edited photos.

I always thought that Memory Maker was cheaper if you bought it before your stay. When I try to purchase it (my trip is in 3 weeks) the cost says $199, not $169. So we’ve lost THAT benefit too??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter