Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We will be at Disney World next month (June ) to celebrate our 19th anniversary. The first day we will be at Magic Kingdom. How can I surprise my wife and 2 daughters that I have booked us a Disney Cruise (Our 1st cruise ever) for May 2022 to celebrate our 20th anniversary even though it is over a year away while we are in Magic Kingdom.
Thanks
No Capture the moment for my dates.
There are Cruise merch at the Yacht Club (and Co op at D Springs), you could get them there to pick some ;) congrats!

Anyone ever have success in submitting missing pics on your Photopass gallery? We rode Splash Mountain 3x over the course of a few days and none of the photos showed up. Every other photo is there, except Splash. Happened on a previous trip as well, and I submitted the missing photo request. Even provided them the exact time we boarded the ride, but never get a response or see the photo.

Wondering if anyone else ever has success in this regard. Kids are disappointed because Splash is going away and because, in their words, "those are the funniest pics we had" based on their posing for the camera.

EDIT: Can I make a suggestion to board mods? After seeing this post get moved, which happens a lot, it's because there are just way too many board topics. Perhaps being a UX designer it's only something I notice, but there's many times where I look through the many forums and sub forums and have no clue where to post something.

Last edited:
I did on a trip back in February 2019. I gave details of roughly what time (fortunately it was an after hours event), what we were wearing and a photo of what the two of us look like for comparison. They were able to find the missing pictures quickly.

This may have been easier because it was an after hours event, so there weren't as many people in the park at that time.

Probably some tech issue on how the photos are captured or stored. We have gotten pictures of people we didn't know in some other car on various rides who were not part of our group !!! I would also imagine if they have trouble reading your magic band or some glitch in the system, then the picture won't be stored correctly. If a systems glitch, there probably is nothing they can do for you.

Yup, had luck just the other week getting my missing pictures. If you already submitted a request, look out for emails from them, it turns out mine weren't showing up because other guests on the ride removed their masks so they emailed me with a phone number I had to call to speak to someone about accepting a zoomed in photo and they warned me since it was so zoomed in it couldn't be printed larger than 4x6.

Several times they have located pictures for me. Really easy process, but I do think we needed to know close approximations for times that the pictures were taken.

Anyone ever have success in submitting missing pics on your Photopass gallery?
Yes, I have, several times. As PP say above, use the Missing Photos link on the PhotoPass website and include as many specifics as you can - in addition to photos of us taken the same day, I’ve included the MB ID numbers (on the inside of the puck). The only ones they haven’t found turned out to be due to the photo system for that ride being down completely when we rode, so no photo was taken.

Anyone ever have success in submitting missing pics on your Photopass gallery? We rode Splash Mountain 3x over the course of a few days and none of the photos showed up. Every other photo is there, except Splash. Happened on a previous trip as well, and I submitted the missing photo request. Even provided them the exact time we boarded the ride, but never get a response or see the photo.

Wondering if anyone else ever has success in this regard. Kids are disappointed because Splash is going away and because, in their words, "those are the funniest pics we had" based on their posing for the camera.

EDIT: Can I make a suggestion to board mods? After seeing this post get moved, which happens a lot, it's because there are just way too many board topics. Perhaps being a UX designer it's only something I notice, but there's many times where I look through the many forums and sub forums and have no clue where to post something.

We've also had some photos take a few days to show up, while other photos taken around the same time show up immediately. It's kind of weird.

Also, I wonder if on Splash Mountain if there were people in the photo with you who weren't wearing masks. I heard Disney won't release photos to people if there are unmasked people on the attraction.

We've also had some photos take a few days to show up, while other photos taken around the same time show up immediately. It's kind of weird.

Also, I wonder if on Splash Mountain if there were people in the photo with you who weren't wearing masks. I heard Disney won't release photos to people if there are unmasked people on the attraction.

I thought that too about the masks, but all 3 rides on Splash Mountain? That just seems too coincidental. Two of the three of us are also AP holders, so one would think that if one band didn't get picked up the other would (since MM included with the AP). I submitted 3 separate requests on Tuesday, but haven't received any response, nor have the photos appeared. This is the same experience I had last year with requesting missing photos. Submitted the request, never heard a thing back from Disney.

Discouraging in that kids love Splash Mountain and specifically rode it knowing it is going away.

Piggy-backing on the question above about missing pictures. How long did you wait for a response? After my initial submission I haven’t heard back. It’s been 11 days. Now that I’ve had time to filter through details on my end I’ve been able to narrow down more missing ride pictures, even ones where we scanned our bands. I wish I had the time to call as I’ve heard many are successful that way but currently I’m not able to do that.

Piggy-backing on the question above about missing pictures. How long did you wait for a response? After my initial submission I haven’t heard back. It’s been 11 days. Now that I’ve had time to filter through details on my end I’ve been able to narrow down more missing ride pictures, even ones where we scanned our bands. I wish I had the time to call as I’ve heard many are successful that way but currently I’m not able to do that.
I've usually received an acknowledgement in a day or two, often the missing photos show up that quickly too. Did you use the Contact Us link on the PhotoPass website?

I've usually received an acknowledgement in a day or two, often the missing photos show up that quickly too. Did you use the Contact Us link on the PhotoPass website?
I did use that link. I even provided near exact time and a picture showing who and what we were wearing. I think I’ll try contacting again with all the other pictures. I wouldn’t care but it was both of my kids first time on some rides due to hitting new height requirements. I’d like to have those memories!

I did use that link. I even provided near exact time and a picture showing who and what we were wearing. I think I’ll try contacting again with all the other pictures. I wouldn’t care but it was both of my kids first time on some rides due to hitting new height requirements. I’d like to have those memories!
Yes, I would try again too! Good luck! pixiedust: :tink::tink::tink:

I need some clarity on how memory maker for rides photos work with mobile magic vs magic bands.

1. My youngest set of bands is from August 2019. I have no problem with using the bands, but there seems to be some debate on the effectiveness of bands catching ride photos as they get older. Would you suggest I buy new ones?
2. We all have iphones, so we can all have mobile magic, but does mobile magic catch the ride photos? I don't want to stand around looking at the screens and then tapping the photo...that's not progress.

Thanks for your help

I need some clarity on how memory maker for rides photos work with mobile magic vs magic bands.

1. My youngest set of bands is from August 2019. I have no problem with using the bands, but there seems to be some debate on the effectiveness of bands catching ride photos as they get older. Would you suggest I buy new ones?
2. We all have iphones, so we can all have mobile magic, but does mobile magic catch the ride photos? I don't want to stand around looking at the screens and then tapping the photo...that's not progress.

Thanks for your help
1. Your bands from Aug 2019 really aren't that old and should work for ride photos.
2. If bluetooth is enabled on the iPhone(s), ride photos should link.

Automatic linking is not perfect. Sometimes it won't link anything and sometimes you might get pictures of someone else. Most of the time it works pretty good.

If I purchase the MM today at the advance purchase price, will it be active 72 hours from now on Saturday afternoon or will it take until Sunday to be active?

We loved having Memory Maker when we had an AP but are debating if it’s worth the cost this trip. With no character meets, and masks on in ride photos, I wasn’t sure how many photos we’ll really want to keep. But, I hope we’ll at least have a couple nice castle pics or tree of life pics we might want to keep.
Does anyone know how much each photo is, if purchased after the fact? Or if there are packages you can get after the fact, like 5 photos for X amount (or even buy all the pics for X amount, if we wind up with more good pics than I expected)? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!