Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

So my group decided to buy genie+ for the whole week. I have yet to buy it for myself and my boyfriend. My original plan was to buy it for us if we felt like we needed it on a certain day. But now I'm considering just getting it for the whole week so we don't miss out riding rides with the others. The cost doesn't bother me. For two people for 5 days the cost isn't bad.

So if I go to add Genie+ to our tickets we just pay for Genie+ upgrade? We don't repay for our tickets? We have park hopper tickets. I know this is silly a question! I'm just over thinking things. lol

So my group decided to buy genie+ for the whole week. I have yet to buy it for myself and my boyfriend. My original plan was to buy it for us if we felt like we needed it on a certain day. But now I'm considering just getting it for the whole week so we don't miss out riding rides with the others. The cost doesn't bother me. For two people for 5 days the cost isn't bad.

So if I go to add Genie+ to our tickets we just pay for Genie+ upgrade? We don't repay for our tickets? We have park hopper tickets. I know this is silly a question! I'm just over thinking things. lol
yes. You have to add it in the app and pick the day your tickets start.

Are these discounted tickets? I read someone saying that they had to pay the price hike as they were modifying tickets (makes no sense to me as you’ve already bought tickets and they’re valid) unless they added genie+ each morning.

Sorry if this is already answered

I’ll be park hopping next week starting at AK and going to HS in the afternoon. First time using Genie+ and I have a question about ILL$

Imagine this situation:

07:30 - AK open
08:30 – HS opens

*07:30 - Buy ILL$ Avatar FoP for the morning

What time will I be able to buy the ILL$ for the SW Rise of the Resistance?
07:30 because my first park of the day (AK) is already open or just 8:30 when HS opens?

It depends on when you purchased your tickets. If the price of the tickets has increased since you purchased them you will be charged the increased price of the tickets plus for Genie+. If they have not increased you will only be charged for Genie+.

If the ticket price has increased, you will not pay the upgraded price if you add G+ each day.

I’ll be park hopping next week starting at AK and going to HS in the afternoon. First time using Genie+ and I have a question about ILL$

Imagine this situation:

07:30 because my first park of the day (AK) is already open or just 8:30 when HS opens?
Off site?

Imagine this situation:

If you are saying on-site at an approved resort, you will be able to make both $ILL at 7:00am.
If you are staying off-site, you will be to make your $ILL at the official opening time for the park that the attraction is in...FOP at 7:30...RotR at 8:30.

If you are saying on-site at an approved resort, you will be able to make both $ILL at 7:00am.
If you are staying off-site, you will be to make your $ILL at the official opening time for the park that the attraction is in...FOP at 7:30...RotR at 8:30.
What about the Genie+ attractions? I know everyone can book the first one at 7 am what about the second Genie+

sorry. Forgot to mention that i'll be staying OFFSITE.

So ILL$ for the HS only at 8:30?

Thanks for the help

What about the Genie+ attractions? I know everyone can book the first one at 7 am what about the second Genie+

Thats a good question.

I'm planing to book my first LL+ for the second park (HS).
Will I be able to book again at 9:30 (2hours after AK opens) or at 10:30 (2 hours after HS opens)?

$ILL lets you choose a return time, however that time can change by the time you checkout. In my experience this only happened with ROTR.

You have to monitor Genie+ and pick a time that you want. For example, if Haunted Mansion has a 10am return time and you want 12pm, you have to keep checking until you get a time close to 12pm. This eats up a lot of phone battery. Be sure to bring a portable charger.

To expand on that.....Genie+ shows you the next available LL time and yes, when you book it, the next available is what you get. The $LL will also show the next available time on the tip board. If you select it, the next screen will show you the other times that are available. You are less likely to have the time shift significantly as you go through the purchase process if you don't choose one of the earliest availabilities shown.

Just got back from a 1 week stay... ended up using Genie + at all parks, but only $LL for FOP and Rise.

We did not pre-purchase Genie, but then had a glitch in my app all week where I could not purchase Genie+ prior to 7 am. The "purchase genie" button would not work. However, once it turned 7am and I could make LL selections, it would let me purchase genie + through those screens. So an FYI if people are having issues.

The first day I didn't know that would work so I tried chat which made me call and then it was a 20 minute wait to talk to someone... but about 10 minutes in I tried to book and LL since I was sick of sitting on hold and it worked. I never got the issue fixed (I had reinstalled the app and downloaded it onto a different device with the same problem across the board) My app was glitchy all week- stupid stuff like the tip board would only say epcot and then halfway through the week it would default to MK instead, so I had to change park every time I pulled up the tip board.

We did get a lot of use out of G+, though didn't try for slinky dog, and didn't need any super early times for anything.

No issues with $LL jumping times for FOP or Rise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter