Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

First time going back home in 5 years and first time dealing with G+.

We are planning on going to HS on our arriving day with a red-eye flight arriving at 6:30am at MCO. We are staying at CSR but will not check in until closer to 9am and have conference tickets. Will I be able to book Slinky Dog at 7am for LL even though we have not checked in at the hotel? TIA!!!

First time going back home in 5 years and first time dealing with G+.

We are planning on going to HS on our arriving day with a red-eye flight arriving at 6:30am at MCO. We are staying at CSR but will not check in until closer to 9am and have conference tickets. Will I be able to book Slinky Dog at 7am for LL even though we have not checked in at the hotel? TIA!!!
Yes, that should work. You don't actually need to be at a Disney resort to book G+/LL at 7AM, you just need to be on-site for the ILL purchases. That's assuming your park tickets are linked in your MDE account so they are recognized.

Yes, that should work. You don't actually need to be at a Disney resort to book G+/LL at 7AM, you just need to be on-site for the ILL purchases. That's assuming your park tickets are linked in your MDE account so they are recognized.
Small clarification, a guest needs to be staying onsite to purchase ILL$ at 7AM but they do not need to have arrived.

Thanks. Both my conference tix and hotel ressie are linked to my MDE. My understanding is that you can purchase the G+ at 12 midnight (which we will try to do before boarding) and you can start booking LL at 7AM as resort guest. Consider we would not have checked in at CSR until 9am would that be a problem? Or should I go ahead and do mobile check in for CSR first?

Thanks. Both my conference tix and hotel ressie are linked to my MDE. My understanding is that you can purchase the G+ at 12 midnight (which we will try to do before boarding) and you can start booking LL at 7AM as resort guest. Consider we would not have checked in at CSR until 9am would that be a problem? Or should I go ahead and do mobile check in for CSR first?
It can’t hurt to check-in before you arrive. It doesn’t happen often but occasionally guests have reported having challenges with G+ is they haven’t checked in or arrived. Not often but, it has been reported.

Historically the week leading up to Easter and the week following are a bit heavier. There will still be some school districts who are on Spring Break next week but not sure how many. Hopefully the crowds drop some for you.
When I was booking, my TA said next week was a week between many schools Easter/Spring breaks. The first week oa April was Easter Break for a lot and the 3rd week of April starts spring break for other states.

Last edited:
The Multi-park Genie+ has sold out today. I'm somewhat surprised. There is a tornado watch for the Orlando area and I would have expected that to hold down crowds, and thus the number of people buying Genie+. But I guess those park hoppers are dedicated!

man rough morning when you get the kids up and miss VC (luckily 1st time we didn’t get one) but also have one kid focused on slinky and it’s gone right at 7:00 AM.

Still a great 3 day trip, but $156 for G+, waking up and no chance to ride slinky without 2 hours is frustrating.

Hope for 1PM VC at least

man rough morning when you get the kids up and miss VC (luckily 1st time we didn’t get one) but also have one kid focused on slinky and it’s gone right at 7:00 AM.

Still a great 3 day trip, but $156 for G+, waking up and no chance to ride slinky without 2 hours is frustrating.

Hope for 1PM VC at least
Keep your eyes on sdd. I also missed out when we were there a couple weeks ago at 7(my fault as I was trying to get vq, then got ill, then forgot to purchase genie beforehand so had to go through buying that). I kept refreshing while getting ready and although times would pop up and be gone, I did end up getting one for late evening between 730/8.

Not sure of your plans for the day, and I’m sure you know this, but if you don’t get one get in line at the end of the night. Shouldn’t be too bad of a wait.

Hope for 1PM VC at least
Guessing you are aware of this but to be eligible for a VQ at 1PM you will need to have tapped into Epcot by 1PM. Depending on where you’re staying and your plans for the day, it might be worth starting at Epcot to at least tap in then taking Skyliner to DHS. This will open the opportunity to keep trying for a SDD LL and try for the 1PM VQ even if you’re still at DHS.

Yes, seems busier this morning in lobby as well. G+ has seemed to malfunction a bit more as well.

Perhaps a lot of families rested last night with rain.

Last edited:
Keep your eyes on sdd. I also missed out when we were there a couple weeks ago at 7(my fault as I was trying to get vq, then got ill, then forgot to purchase genie beforehand so had to go through buying that). I kept refreshing while getting ready and although times would pop up and be gone, I did end up getting one for late evening between 730/8.

Not sure of your plans for the day, and I’m sure you know this, but if you don’t get one get in line at the end of the night. Shouldn’t be too bad of a wait.

Thank you. I kept refreshing and did pull a 8:10 - 9:10.

We have ILL$ for Guardians from 7:50 - 8:50 as we were going to finish our vacation there, but looks like will hit that right at 7:50 and then make the run between parks (or Uber) and finish on SDD (unless something opens earlier).

I think see a 45,000 step day coming with multiple hops between Epcot and DHS.

If anyone on this board purchased a Multi-Parks G+ and booked LL in the MK, can you please share your experience? Were you allowed to enter the MK? If not, what happened to the LL you had booked?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter