Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I visited last week. First time using the new Genie system. Thanks to this board and lots of practice beforehand everything went well.

Best Tips I found and used:

If using Genie + you can scan in for your LL and enter the ride 5 minutes before the actual start time. Good way to avoid the lines at the start time.

Before you scan in, know what the next LL you want is. While waiting in line pick the next LL. You do not need to wait 2 hours to choose the next ride.

If staying on site, take advantage of the half hour early entry time. The park seemed empty for that half hour.

When trying for the virtual ques, use the world clock on another phone or laptop and refresh at 6:59 and 59 seconds. Worked 3 days in a row for us.

If you want to pay a lower price for Guardians try around 5pm. They were selling for only 14.00.

I have always enjoyed the planning of our trips, but this new Genie system seems excessive and expensive, especially for those who are not planners. The costs do add up. I feel for the larger families.

I read the first few posts and want to confirm if this is still relevant - if you purchase ILLs, with the exception for Tron, you can return at any point after your time has passed that day?

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before, but I’m super confused about planning for an upcoming trip. Here’s my situation:

I’m traveling with the whole family this week and we’re all wanting to do the same things each day. However, we’re not all staying at the same resort. I will be staying at Caribbean Beach with some of our family, but the rest is over at Fort Wilderness. We’re planning on purchasing Genie+ each day. We’ve added each other on a friends & family list in MDE.

Here’s my question: can one person make a lightning lane reservation for all 9 people? Or can I only make lightning lane reservations for the people staying with me at my resort?

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered before, but I’m super confused about planning for an upcoming trip. Here’s my situation:

I’m traveling with the whole family this week and we’re all wanting to do the same things each day. However, we’re not all staying at the same resort. I will be staying at Caribbean Beach with some of our family, but the rest is over at Fort Wilderness. We’re planning on purchasing Genie+ each day. We’ve added each other on a friends & family list in MDE.

Here’s my question: can one person make a lightning lane reservation for all 9 people? Or can I only make lightning lane reservations for the people staying with me at my resort?
One can book for all as long as you’re linked on MDE.

As long as you are properly linked in Family & Friends and Genie+ has been purchased for everyone, you can make Genie+ LL reservations for all nine of you. You can also purchase ILLs for all nine of you at 7:00. For that, it doesn't matter that you are staying at different resorts as long as you are all staying "onsite." If some of you were staying offsite, you could not buy ILLs for them until park open.

A cast member suggested to me to go through the motions prior to make sure you can see everyone you want to, just don't purchase. That way if you need to add someone your not doing on the morning you wish to purchase.

Last edited:
One can book for all as long as you’re linked on MDE.

As long as you are properly linked in Family & Friends and Genie+ has been purchased for everyone, you can make Genie+ LL reservations for all nine of you. You can also purchase ILLs for all nine of you at 7:00. For that, it doesn't matter that you are staying at different resorts as long as you are all staying "onsite." If some of you were staying offsite, you could not buy ILLs for them until park open.

A cast member suggested to me to go through the motions prior to make sure you can see everyone you want to, just don't purchase. That way if you need to add someone your not doing ot on the morning you wish to purchase.
Thank you very much for the information! We’ll book our Genie+ separately prior to 7am, then I’ll make all our reservations when the 7am window opens.

I read the first few posts and want to confirm if this is still relevant - if you purchase ILLs, with the exception for Tron, you can return at any point after your time has passed that day?

That was our experience in February 2024. And even Tron was allowing an additional hour.

That's for the paid version of the individual ride LL (so not Genie+)

If I don't have a park hopper but am going to MK for AH, can I use a Genie+ multi-park option to book rides during the 7 to 10pm time that MK is still open?

I know I've read of people doing this, but wasn't sure if they all had park hopper tickets to begin with. Wasn't sure I would even be able to buy multi-park genie if I only have a non-hopping ticket. I'd be doing AK during the day. Thought it might be worth it to have it for both parks, but probably won't bother for only AK.

I always wake up very early to get genie if I need it cause I worry it might sell out. I usually am up at 7:00am for it

Do I actually need to get up that early to use genie? Or can I wait till like 9:00am to do it? I always get worried I am going to lose the times ( But I always want times that are after 12pm anyway )

I always wake up very early to get genie if I need it cause I worry it might sell out. I usually am up at 7:00am for it

Do I actually need to get up that early to use genie? Or can I wait till like 9:00am to do it? I always get worried I am going to lose the times ( But I always want times that are after 12pm anyway )
It depends on what you are booking. There are rides that need to be booked at 7am, or they could be gone for the day (i.e. Slinky Dog Dash in DHS or Remy's Ratatouille Adventure in Epcot). Other rides don't need to be booked until much later.

You can wake up later but there is a possibility on busier days that some of the more popular attractions will no longer be available. Also, if it's a busy time of year, G+ has sold out occasionally before 9AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter