Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

I would like to report back on our Early Entry strategies. We were able to use Early Entry to knock out some headliners and come back later in the day to finish the rest (we had Extra Evening Theme Park hours for EPCOT and MK). We did not purchase G+ or $ILL.
I did a lot of research before I left on these boards, Touring Plans teaches, Ear Scouts and Disney Tourist Blog.

Animal Kingdom 7:30am Early Entry: We took the bus from Boardwalk and were about four families back from tap stiles at Early Entry.
1. Flight of Passage. We skipped Navi River Journey because we aren't huge fans.
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris 20 min wait.
3. Everest 20 min wait.
4. Tusker House breakfast 10am.

Hollywood Studios 8:00am Early Entry: We walked from Boardwalk. We were first in line at tap stiles. Rise of the Resistance was down when we arrived at the queue so we headed for Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run.
1. Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run, walk on before Early Entry even started.
2. Tower of Terror: walk on. By the time we finished ToT, RotR was up, so we headed there and hopped in the line.
3. RotR: 30 minute wait.
4. Toy Story Mania, 15 min wait tops.
10:00am left the park and went for breakfast.

EPCOT 8:30am Early Entry: We took the bus to Hollywood Studios and skyliner to International Gateway. (we should have walked because we were held at CBR until 7:30am). We were pretty far back in line.
1. Remy: walk on
We planned to do Frozen but it was down.
2. Test Track: Single Rider since wait time was 55 minutes by the time we arrived ( I assume due to Frozen being down) - 3 of us got to ride together since they couldn't find a party smaller than four when the vehicle was being loaded so it worked out well.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy boarding group 4 was called for 9:35
4. Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie breakfast.

Magic Kingdom 8:30am Early Entry: Bus
1. Space Mountain: walk on
2. Big Thunder Mountain: walk on
3. Tron boarding group called
4. Breakfast Crystal Palace 10:35am
5. Haunted Mansion 25 min wait
6. Pirates of the Caribbean 10 min wait
Left to go back to hotel for swimming

Just wanted to share since we didn't pay the extra expense of G+ and $ILL, and it is possible if you don't mind getting up early/returning to the park late.

Last edited:
MK- about 35 minutes prior to EE. Resort guests are then scanned at the hub and gather/queue outside Tomorrowland bridge and path towards Teacups until EE begins. Non-resort guests are held in the hub until official opening.

HS - about 35 minutes before EE. Only resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles. Once in, resort guests queue outside each attraction until EE begins. Once most resort guests are let in, non-resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles until official park opening.

AK - about 15 minutes before EE. After tapping in, resort guests head left and are scanned for EE, while non-resort guests head right and are held in the Oasis just before the Tree of Life plaza until official opening. Most guests head towards FoP and start queuing are are generally allowed on early. Other rides wait until EE opening.

Epcot - about 15 minutes prior to EE. I only have experience at International Gateway, but tapstiles open about 15 minutes before EE and guests head right to Remy and queue there until EE opening. Most of the time they are let right on before EE. Non-resort guests are held at the UK bridge until official park opening. From I’ve been told, the front entrance protocol is similar.
At the international gateway they didn't ask about hotels when I went last week and were letting everyone coming in off skyliner in early.

At the international gateway they didn't ask about hotels when I went last week and were letting everyone coming in off skyliner in early.
There are CMs about half way up the little hill before the bridge who scan your band.
However, besides those from the Skyliner, anyone else entering through the IG is probably from YC, BC, BWV, or Swan and Dolphin.

Animal Kingdom: Eligible resort guests will be granted access to the park approx. 60 mins before posted park opening time. They will be held on the bridge leading to Pandora. Approx. 40 mins prior to posted park opening time guest will be permitted to access the open attractions. (Attractions listed below). Guests not staying at a Disney resort will be held at park gate until posted park opening.
Would just like to confirm this is still accurate? Non-resort guests will be held at park gate until opening time and not allowed in at early entry to walk through shops like they can at MK where the resort stay checkpoint is in the park down main street?

I would like to report back on our Early Entry strategies. We were able to use Early Entry to knock out some headliners and come back later in the day to finish the rest (we had Extra Evening Theme Park hours for EPCOT and MK). We did not purchase G+ or $ILL.
I did a lot of research before I left on these boards, Touring Plans teaches, Ear Scouts and Disney Tourist Blog.

Animal Kingdom 7:30am Early Entry: We took the bus from Boardwalk and were about four families back from tap stiles at Early Entry.
1. Flight of Passage. We skipped Navi River Journey because we aren't huge fans.
3. Everest 20 min wait.

Hollywood Studios 8:00am Early Entry: We walked from Boardwalk. We were first in line at tap stiles. Rise of the Resistance was down when we arrived at the queue so we headed for Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run.
2. Tower of Terror: walk on. By the time we finished ToT, RotR was up, so we headed there and hopped in the line.

EPCOT 8:30am Early Entry: We took the bus to Hollywood Studios and skyliner to International Gateway. (we should have walked because we were held at CBR until 7:30am). We were pretty far back in line.
2. Test Track: Single Rider since wait time was 55 minutes by the time we arrived ( I assume due to Frozen being down) - 3 of us got to ride together since they couldn't find a party smaller than four when the vehicle was being loaded so it worked out well.

Just wanted to share since we didn't pay the extra expense of G+ and $ILL, and it is possible if you don't mind getting up early/returning to the park late.
Thanks for this, it's super helpful. DW and I are heading down for 5 nights in July and are debating buying G+ or not. Sounds like we may be able to avoid it.

3. Everest 20 min wait.

interesting to see both Millennium Falcon and ROTR running before EE started (although RoTR was down they let you back there).

Very helpful experiences and planning that is consistent with a lot of what we've seen.

I tried to explain it to DW "we're not on a plan the whole day but we're like an NFL Offensive Coordinator, we've scripted the first 6 rides to start with success and we'll go from there"

interesting to see both Millennium Falcon and ROTR running before EE started (although RoTR was down they let you back there).

Very helpful experiences and planning that is consistent with a lot of what we've seen.

I tried to explain it to DW "we're not on a plan the whole day but we're like an NFL Offensive Coordinator, we've scripted the first 6 rides to start with success and we'll go from there"
Sounds great. I went with low expectations (and expecting the unexpected) and was pleasantly surprised at how much we were able to do with no G+ or $ILL using Early Entry. The virtual queue for Guardians and Tron definitely helped us.

3. Everest 20 min wait.

How early were you there on your HS day to be first in the lines?

How early were you there on your HS day to be first in the lines?
6:30. We were even held by security until around 7 when we made our way to the tap stiles.
Tap stiles opened at 7:35am.
I knew it was really early but I had planned to ride RoTR before early entry started. (See Touring Plans teaches, Ear Scouts and Disney Tourist Blog for more information on this.)
Ear scouts has a really good step by step with time stamps on this.

Did you have a split stay or something because I’m confused about you commuting from BWI those previous days but then taking the bus to HS and then Skyliner to get to Epcot? AFAIK that’s only possible when the boat is down.

Thanks for this, it's super helpful. DW and I are heading down for 5 nights in July and are debating buying G+ or not. Sounds like we may be able to avoid it.
I was glad we skipped paying for G+. In my opinion, it would not have been worth the cost. However, that is just my opinion.

There is an official July 2023 thread that I found; there does not seem to be a lot of posters. If you are not on it, would you please consider joining it? We are going the end of July and want to start gathering tips to share. TIA

Just dropping by this thread to say that showing up to your transportation spot 90 minutes before the park opens for resort guests has worked very well for us.

Been here a week with very good results.
Thanks so much for sharing your recent experience!

Glad you’re having a great trip! Enjoy!!

I was glad we skipped paying for G+. In my opinion, it would not have been worth the cost. However, that is just my opinion.
Genie plus is totally worth it if you do your research on how to use it most efficiently. I was able to ride like 10 rides in one day on it with no wait. and wait for 3-4 others.
( great guide on how to work the system if you have time to watch it)

On our upcoming October trip, we are not planning to be up at the crack of dawn. However, we might try to enter the Magic Kingdom after the EE time has already begun, e.g. 7:45 when the park opens at 8:00. Is it possible to do that, or will we just be lumped in with the regular rope drop crowd? Yes, we are staying on site.
Related question: is early entry most useful at the MK? Thanks!

You can totally do that. :) When we were there last summer, everyone was allowed onto Main Street and then your band was scanned prior to entering the lands. We entered just after the start of EE and it was totally fine!

On our upcoming October trip, we are not planning to be up at the crack of dawn. However, we might try to enter the Magic Kingdom after the EE time has already begun, e.g. 7:45 when the park opens at 8:00. Is it possible to do that, or will we just be lumped in with the regular rope drop crowd? Yes, we are staying on site.
Related question: is early entry most useful at the MK? Thanks!
You can definitely do that. I did it in fall 2022. When I entered on Main Street, I followed the signs for EE admission (on the right). Choices were to enter at the bridge by Tomorrowland or Fantasyland. I entered at Fantasyland. I noticed that the bulk of the EE crowd had gone to either 7DMT or Peter Pan. The 7DMT line was at about 1 hr. The PP line was over 30 min. I almost rode PP, but decided to just walk on Pooh, grab a quick breakfast at Friar Tuck's and then get into position between Fantasyland/Liberty Square to ride HM once Liberty Square opened at 8AM. By the time I was off HM, Liberty Square, Frontierland and Adventureland were still fairly empty and I proceeded through those lands with ease.

Edited to add: second part of your question - I do find EE at MK helpful, especially if you're prioritizing Space, 7DMT, PP, and now TRON. That said, I have older kids and we sometimes sleep in on MK days. My older kids don't need to ride "everything" at MK. It's not like DHS, where I find Early Entry a must for my older kids.

Last edited:
Would just like to confirm this is still accurate? Non-resort guests will be held at park gate until opening time and not allowed in at early entry to walk through shops like they can at MK where the resort stay checkpoint is in the park down main street?
That's how it was at AK in February this year. We got through the tapstyles, resort guests were sent to the left (presumably to go to the bridge into Pandora) and non-resort guests were sent right to line up along the oasis path, no access to the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter