Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this thread. I don't have time to read all the pages beyond the first two and my question is is there anything additional I need to do to "activate" or get memory maker to show up when I log on to MDE? I purchased MM at the advance $149 price on Sunday and received email confirmation of the purchase, but I don't see anything in MDE. Thank you :thumbsup2.

It should appear in mde under the my reservations and tickets. If it does not link it to your mde with the confirmation code. If your using the app, it's probably easier to see it from the website.

You do not activate it until you are ready to download photos. Once activated you have 30 days to download all your photos and edits. Activating it will happen in the photopass section/website when it's time and it's very obvious that your activating it with warnings and double checks to make sure you are really ready to activate it.

It should appear in mde under the my reservations and tickets. If it does not link it to your mde with the confirmation code. If your using the app, it's probably easier to see it from the website.

You do not activate it until you are ready to download photos. Once activated you have 30 days to download all your photos and edits. Activating it will happen in the photopass section/website when it's time and it's very obvious that your activating it with warnings and double checks to make sure you are really ready to activate it.

Thank you. Edited this post to say that I now see confirmation of the purchase in MDE when I log on from the website instead of the app. So should we wait until we get home from the trip to do any "downloading" of photos? Also, will Pirates League photos be automatically linked and available to download with MM?

Last edited:
Thank you. So should we wait until we get home from the trip to activate MM?

that's a choice your going to need to make, if you don't need or plan to download your photos on the trip, after gives you the most time to download them and pictures expire after 45 days so for most people that is a full 30 days to download.

there is no reason to activate it on the trip if you are not downloading the photos on the trip, pictures are free to take, memory maker is the download photos package you picked.

that's a choice your going to need to make, if you don't need or plan to download your photos on the trip, after gives you the most time to download them and pictures expire after 45 days so for most people that is a full 30 days to download.

there is no reason to activate it on the trip if you are not downloading the photos on the trip, pictures are free to take, memory maker is the download photos package you picked.

You're awesome, thanks!

Apologies if this kind of question has already been addressed.

We're going on a school field trip -- approximately 150 students and 40 chaperones.

The lead teacher has Memory Maker linked to her account. Do all of the students need to link as a "friend" with her prior to the trip for their PhotoPass photos to be able to be downloaded by her after we get back -- or can they link as a "friend" after we get back?

Thanks in advance!

Apologies if this kind of question has already been addressed.

We're going on a school field trip -- approximately 150 students and 40 chaperones.

The lead teacher has Memory Maker linked to her account. Do all of the students need to link as a "friend" with her prior to the trip for their PhotoPass photos to be able to be downloaded by her after we get back -- or can they link as a "friend" after we get back?

Either way, the photos from them will not appear until they are linked and you do not need to be linked in advance.

and you do not need to be linked in advance

Thank you. Since the trip is pretty soon, I just don't want anyone to feel pressured to get linked as a friend before the trip. Also, I don't know if we want to inundate her account with so many "friends" before the trip since she's got so much on her plate right now. I just want to make sure we were able to do it after we got back. Also, my DS and his friends will at least be able to see their own photos throughout the trip while they're on the trip, though, right? If I recall, they appear in your MDE account anyway and then you can buy Memory Maker (if not purchased in advance), buy a few individually, or do nothing. I think the teacher's plan is to download all of them and burn a CD for every student (not just put that student's pics on a CD, but everyone gets everything). Just want to be able to communicate this part clearly to her since she's not completely sure how it all works. Thanks again!

Are there any discounts on memory maker besides the military one and the normal pre-purchase discount?

Hi!
I have a question I can't find the answer to…basically, how/when does our Memory Maker get activated.
We bought Memory Maker and are checking into our resort on Monday, but we are staying off site on Sunday night. We're going to DS and want to go to the PhotoPass Studio. will this be included in our Memory Maker since it's before our resort arrival day?

Thanks!

Hi!
I have a question I can't find the answer to…basically, how/when does our Memory Maker get activated.
We bought Memory Maker and are checking into our resort on Monday, but we are staying off site on Sunday night. We're going to DS and want to go to the PhotoPass Studio. will this be included in our Memory Maker since it's before our resort arrival day?

activating it and how you don't activate it to use photopass is covered in the first post... basically, don't activate it until your ready to download, it doesn't work like it did years ago where you had to pay to use..

Now photopass studio is kind of newer and I know some things are by appointment and some aren't included. I don't think anything is included to be honest as it's a session with a pro photographer with costumes, and different things... It would be best if you reached out to them direct (not sure how) to ask. It's on my list of things to do next time I'm in springs but that's not going to be for awhile.

Thanks @Accident! I will give them a call when we get in. I figured it would be too good to be true to just be included in the package we already have! I will let you know what I find out though, as there isn't a lot of information on it.

Thanks @Accident! I will give them a call when we get in. I figured it would be too good to be true to just be included in the package we already have! I will let you know what I find out though, as there isn't a lot of information on it.

let us know what you find out.

We purchased Memory Maker and have many amazing photos to download, but I can't seem to download them? Nothing happens when I try to click on the photos (I'm using the account that MM is linked to)

We purchased Memory Maker and have many amazing photos to download, but I can't seem to download them? Nothing happens when I try to click on the photos (I'm using the account that MM is linked to)

If your doing 1 photo at a time, they actually add to a cart that you need to then download all the pics in the cart at once or there is a download all option instead of selecting individual photos. If that doesn't help and there is nothing happening when your clicking on a photo, I would try a different web browser as disney sites have moments where certain browsers just don't seem to work right.

Does memory maker work with the photos at character meals? I remember having photos taken at the beginning of Tusker House and Chef Mickeys.

Last edited:
I have a question.
We are going to Disneyland the week before Disney World. Will Memory Maker work for both trips?

We have annual passes at Disneyland, so our photos are tied to those passes, but then we go to Disney World the next week and we do not have annual passes - how do we get the photos to be linked to our disneyland photos so that the Memory Maker can be purchased and used for photos from both places? Is it possible?

I have a question.
We are going to Disneyland the week before Disney World. Will Memory Maker work for both trips?

We have annual passes at Disneyland, so our photos are tied to those passes, but then we go to Disney World the next week and we do not have annual passes - how do we get the photos to be linked to our disneyland photos so that the Memory Maker can be purchased and used for photos from both places? Is it possible?

I've never traveled between both when memory maker started to be offered in WDW so I'm not really sure. I do know that DL calls it photopas+ still and there is a pre-trip price and some annual passes include the photos just like WDW does in case your looking at the pricing of tickets vs the 2 property annual passes you can put in the costs of photos into it to see what hte real value is...

I would ask this question in the disneyland forum as you might get more people that do know the answer to chime in. and of course, call disney if your not sure.

my parents arrive before us and are going to buy memory maker. we overlap by 2 days. how can we link the memory maker so our pictures and their pictures are included? Thanks. Trish

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter