Every other year stay with 50 pts/year

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately we live in PA so flying is a must. And I assume I can afford more later because I will have my student loans payed off which are a hefty bill. I work in medical and make a very good salary, but my hubby is part time right now. We can afford the costs of a DVC 50 pt contract now. Although I don't know future costs of children, we are extreme money managers. Although AKL is not close to MK, I am still thinking it is my best bet because we can stay there for a week or more on 2 years worth of points. That would be ideal for us. The transportation to the parks does not seem like a big deal to me. It is part of going to WDW. Thanks again for the input. I am surprised to see how many people say it may not be a fit. We would love to go to WDW often and stay deluxe. A small contract after the baby seems like a good start to me.

GO FOR IT!!!!:cheer2: Your plan makes sense and you have thought it out. You can add more points later if you need to but this will get your foot in the door.

I own 60 OKW points and have for 12 years. Yes a small purchase can work. I'm single and also travel solo so studios are fine with me. As you can see from my signature, I've stayed in several different resorts. Not only that but I've even rented out points a few times. I've focused on BWV and AKV. The standard and value rooms at those resorts are a great way to stretch points. My only regret is not having one of those as my home resort. But, AKV wasn't around and BWV was fairly new.

I like OKW but I prefer the resorts with 1 bed and pullout couch. I've also spent 4 nights at CGV in California. It was a splurge and required borrowing points.

Most of my vacations have been value season but I did stay New Years Eve last year at OKW.

The key is having a clear set of priorities. At first, I did trips every year and the resort was little more than a bed. Now, with the price of tickets and airfare going up, I plan longer vacations with fewer theme park days and looking for new experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter