Everglades

Jennie4647

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are in Orlando in October this year and were hoping to see more of Florida this time. DH would love to go to the Everglades - anyone any suggestions? Should we try a tour, drive down and stay over, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennie

Virgin do a trip to the Everglades by coach. We're going down south this year, normally head to St Petes on the gulf coast for a week but wanted DH and DD to see Everglades (DH is wildlife and birds of prey fan). We are staying in Naples for a week so we can leisurely get about. It's a 3-4 hour trip from Orlando, so would suggest an overnight stay. There are a few hotels near the Everglades - Naples/Macro island is about 35-40 mins drive away.

We're going in October too - never been in October before, so hope it will be ok!! Usually go May/June :rolleyes:

International Divers of Orlando are a great excursion company who offer a one-day Everglades trip, among many other things. It is a very full day, though, and, if you are on a fly-drive, you might also want to consider staying somewhere like Naples overnight, and doing the Everglades under your own steam.

Here is a link to the Int Divers website:

http://www.swimdolphins.com/

Simon or (anyone who can help!)

We're staying at Duck Key,so within driving distance to go to the Everglades for the day(or even two visits?).Do you have any advice how I can find out what's available to do there for the day?

What would you say was 'seeing' the Everglades,a boat tour or something else? We will be going to DC so won't be doing anything(!) with dolphins,although I'd love to see manatees:)

Can you helpon whats available?

Thanks

Hi Annie,

We are going in to the Naples / Cape Corals area this year and will only spend two days on Disney property this trip (just to use up our passes from last year :) . As much as we enjoyed Disney I felt it would be nice to see more of the Gulf area and I'm sure the kids will enjoy the beaches.

Kieran

Simon,Thanks very much I've saved those sites and will have a good look at them:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter