Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

That I think was pretty shocking to me.....St Maarten....beach Rendevous on the French side. I was getting my hair braided and as I looked up, there was a totally nude man about 60+ years old walking by. I almost fell off the lounge chair and became nausea very quickly. When I had read the excursion booklet, it said "may encounter nudity". You may think I am nuts but on the walk back, I took a picture of him hahahahahahaha. It is now in my scrap book with a little saying above it reading..."Anyone have SPF 100"?????

We experienced some unexpected Castaway Cay nudity on the Wonder. Apparently, no one told the 70 year old gentleman that if you're wearing a loose-fitting Speedo, you shouldn't sit on top of a picnic table with your legs spread.

I just hope he didn't get splinters.

I just hope he didn't get splinters.

From your description, he DESERVED them. (There are some things I just don't want to see.)

We were on a Med. Cruise and some female guests did go topless.

I tell people the average age of the women who did was 35yrs old.

My male friends get interested until I tell them one was a 60 year old woman and the other a 10 year old!

Oh, how I love to "lie with statistics"!

:earseek:

Jim

Not on a cruise yet, but just saw someone mooning the Twopalms web cam. uck

As we prepare for our trip in 7 more days, I was just thinking of all of the funny posts that we had on this thread. Does anyone have anything else to share?

This is the unexpected category but I couldn't help but get a kick out of it.

Last year - while watching couples get picked for "Match your Mate", my DH and I saw a couple who was NOT picked get very upset. The Mrs. turned her chair around - sat crossed armed - pissed off - and stared at the back of the room, completely turning her back to the stage. Then took off to the bar, left DH there to cheer on the couples. Came back and turned her chair again - VERY OBVIOUSLY that was sooooo funny - crossed arms and all -refusing to watch the show. I so felt sorry for DH. :blush: :sad2: If he laughed or clapped or enjoyed - she gave the evil eye, and we just cracked up.... it was such a distraction but a distraction that we couldn't help watch and we still to this day do the "cross arm" action when we pout and kid each other. Guess ya had to be there!

It was funnier then THE show... ;) She was staring at us (sitting behind the FRONT ROW)... and we were TRYING to watch the show! God forbid we laughed.... :earseek: I guess they - well SHE - really wanted to be picked!

LoveMickey said:

OMG! I saw that, too! I couldn't believe my eyes.

What a jerk!

LoveMickey said:

Time to re-name it the "twomoons" webcam!!!

On our first Magic cruise in 2001, there was a group of three (looked like a husband/wife and brother or bil) traveling together. They were quite a sight!! Our first at sea day we were in the adult pool when all of a sudden the single guy comes jumping into the pool doing a cannonball and yelling, "Now thats the way to do a cannonball, woman!!" He was purposely jumping near women who looked like they did not want to get their hair wet. The first time it was kind of funny but eventually a CM came over and told him to cut it out. There was a man next to me in the pool who laughed and said, "So they really do give away cruises for being a Jerry Springer show guest!" :jumping1:
We saw him all over the ship that week, usually acting very strangely. On CC, the husband wife duo were in line at Cookies and a cup of red punch all over the guys CC white tshirt and just looked at him laughing as they walked away.

Not shocking, but unexpected. On our Thanksgiving cruise, my friend here on the DIS Boards, Doogierunner, took a photo of wife Jackie while we were at Paradise Beach on Cozumel. When we later looked at the photo, the woman behind her was topless. We were there all day, and never even noticed the beautiful, naked woman right by us! I vow to never have so many Coronas again, that I miss out!

Willie

I thought that I posted this before on this thread...but I don't see it.

You want shocking, I've got shocking.

We came back to the Magic after spending the afternoon at the Atlantis hotel and the weather turned pretty nasty, so we were sitting in Sessions looking out of a porthole and we saw the ship docked next to us get hit by lightning!! Shocking - YES, Scarry - way Yes!!

While cruising during Thanksgiving on the Magic my DD and I took a walk on ten deck around 9 am. and there were several chase loungers with a towel, carton of milk and a can of Heinekin. I thought that was strange. Did anyone else see that? :earseek:

We were shocked!
The DIS people of Magic-Turkey Day 04 cruisers were robbed!
We were at Rockin-D bar for the 80's party
Three of us along with 2 others did the Bon Jovi lip sinc contest.
We won the fans over! everybody was clapping and cheering!

The Go-Go's were younger and less experienced.
The Bon-Jovi's lost to them when the Bar played an "applause track"
It was rigged! But we will get them next year, we signed back up to cruise TDay 05, come and join us! :rockband:
JS :earboy2:

OK, I'll tell this one on me. I spend a lot of time shopping and dressing DD because she spent her first few years in a Russian orphanage.

I had carefully set out matching outfits for DH and DD for a shore excursion. DD was wearing a pair of capris that she had worn another day. As we were walking through the restaurant on board, her panties from the previous wearing fell out of one of the pant legs. She picked them up and started saying at in a very loud voice, "Look Mama! My panties fell off! How can that happen if I have my pants on! Do you want me to try to put them back on? How did this happen? Hey! I thought I had my Cinderella panties on and these have flowers! Wow! It's magic! Is there a Panty Fairy! Look!"

I just sighed, collected her bloomers and moved on. No mother of the year award for me this year.

I am truly sorry to any of you who experienced this and lost a little of your appetites.

RTM

the5J's said:
We were shocked!
The DIS people of Magic-Turkey Day 04 cruisers were robbed!
We were at Rockin-D bar for the 80's party
Three of us along with 2 others did the Bon Jovi lip sinc contest.
We won the fans over! everybody was clapping and cheering!

The Go-Go's were younger and less experienced.
The Bon-Jovi's lost to them when the Bar played an "applause track"
It was rigged! But we will get them next year, we signed back up to cruise TDay 05, come and join us! :rockband:
JS :earboy2:

I was a witness to this robbery! When the applause track started, I thought I was at a Texas football game! You need to start auditions for next year.

WMILLER86 said:
Not shocking, but unexpected. On our Thanksgiving cruise, my friend here on the DIS Boards, Doogierunner, took a photo of wife Jackie while we were at Paradise Beach on Cozumel. When we later looked at the photo, the woman behind her was topless. We were there all day, and never even noticed the beautiful, naked woman right by us! I vow to never have so many Coronas again, that I miss out!

Willie
Oh sure, tease us and don't post THAT photo!!!!

I forgot all about this incident until this thread popped back up on age one. We were on the Magic 11/27 cruise this year. While docked in St Martin, an older Celebrity cruise ship was docked across the pier from us. Dinner that night was Parrots Cay. We got down there a little early, and were lined up outside the door right near the aft elevator hall. We were looking out the big portholes while waiting, and directly across from us on the other ship was a well lit, curtain open, cabin. We noticed a gentleman in the cabin bent over. As he stood up, it was clear he was pulling on his pants. Just as he finished, out of the door behind him (obviously the stateroom bathroom) came his wife...stark naked. Of course, my wife couldn't just let it be...she had to say in a very loud voice, "She's naked!" Which immediately caught the attention of everyone else in line near us. The lady was apparently unaware of our ship or didn't care, because she paraded back and forth several times without a stitch!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter