• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever order anything from "Your Wdw Store"?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
I need to send baby gifts to two of my friends, and I've been looking to get the Disney Babies Plush Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse with Blanket. It's a theme park item, and the disney store website has been sold out. I found it at yourwdwstore.com, and was thinking of buying from them. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of them, or bought from them.

Thanks!

I've been to the website but never ordered from them. I'd be curious to know what it is like.

I need to send baby gifts to two of my friends, and I've been looking to get the Disney Babies Plush Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse with Blanket. It's a theme park item, and the disney store website has been sold out. I found it at yourwdwstore.com, and was thinking of buying from them. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of them, or bought from them.

Thanks!

Just call Disney Merchandis by Mail. They will locate any item that is sold in any of the theme parks or DTD and ship it to you directly. I believe their phone number is (877) 560-6477

Not really a good idea. They operate out of a private house. If you order something from them, they will buy it aty WDW on their next shopping trip. I have looked at sa few of their items which I have in my collection and they have qabout a 40% markup on Disney's prices. Then they add shipping.

If you order directly from WDW Mail Order they will sell it you you at the retail price plus shipping, and, if you are outside of Florida, there will be no sales tax charged..

great - thank you so much - I'll call in the morning.

Do you know if they'll let me ship it to a different address? It would be great if I could save time and have it shipped directly to my friends, although I wouldn't want all the billing info/price necessarily in the shipment.

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER order anything from yourwdwstore.net

My mother ordered a print of minnie mouse/slave leia for my daughter's room as a surprise for my little one and husband (who is the world's biggest star wars fan)! There was a very high markup 19 dollars more than the print costs at disney so she paid 49 for it! plus 15 for shipping. The item was shipped in a folded priority box with no protection surrounding it other than the box and nothing written on the box at all (ie do not bend do not fold fragile picture etc) It was folded on one side and crinkled on the other side ruining the matting and picture inside it.

We called to tell the store about this and they said to fill out an insurance form and a refund would be issued. Fine... insurance form was promptly filled out and faxed in the same day. No phone call was heard for two weeks so a follow up was placed from my mother and then by me. We were told they would get to it and a refund would be issued to watch our card. Fine... patiently waiting for a month later. ANOTHER call was placed on the weekend. it went to voicemail. message left with order number names and my phone number.

NO RETURN CALL.

another call placed during the week. went to voicemail. Another message left! STILL NO CALL!!!!!!!

finally got through today over two months after item was received. I was told they called my mothers phone multiple times. I said there were no messages left. They said that they do not leave messages it is up to a person to check caller id. I told them my mother does not have caller id so that was not possible. I was then insulted saying that the entire united states has caller id and should be able to check who called and that it is store policy no messages are to be left. MIND YOU the messages i left are with MY PHONE number!

NEEDLESS to say. no refund was issued they said they would replace the print if i sent it back to them with the original wrapping. which i still have 2 months later, and i would be responsible for shipping. so a 30 dollar print is now costing us 100 dollars

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! if you order anything fragile do not expect to receive it in good order.

and if something is wrong do not expect any type of solution.

when i spoke to them originally they said they had a line of insurance claims in front of me which means that this must happen all the time.

i will be reporting them to the better business bureau and will be trying to get a chargeback placed on my mother's credit card.

and the print we will have to buy again for 30 dollars at disneyland california ourselves. THANK YOU so much for ruining a present from a grandmother to her little granddaughter.

I hope this company gets what it deserves one day!

Im no sure what issue is you have Wooow Nelly!
I buyed a lot of stuff and I mean LOTS from same place you do. I never have issue ever. I pay with money order. Always get my stuff. I have no credit cards. I sorry for you. You probly good, but no. So they give me vote. You still have issue? I look complaints on this place. I see Noting. Maybe you only one? I donno but looks the way. I givce you Magic of Zabba Doo! Zabba Do Mouse. :wizard:

I buyed a lot of stuff and I mean LOTS from same place you do. I never have issue ever. I pay with money order. Always get my stuff. I have no credit cards. I sorry for you. You probly good, but no. So they give me vote. You still have issue? I look complaints on this place. I see Noting. Maybe you only one? I donno but looks the way. I givce you Magic of Zabba Doo! Zabba Do Mouse. :wizard:

:lmao:Now that's a ringing endorsement!! :lmao:

erinaluk, it seems that you have an axe to grind with that company seeing as how you had a thread of your own that you started that was desisted by mods because of the length of your diatribe, and now here you are in a new thread ranting once again. As we stated in the other thread that you had posted in, simply send the item back to the company and let them send you a new print, they cannot fix something if you do nothing to try to aid them to fix it for you. Stop hitting the threads trying to bad mouth a company because you are not willing to send an item back.

:welcome: and Zabba Doo to you! :wizard:

Not really a good idea. They operate out of a private house. If you order something from them, they will buy it aty WDW on their next shopping trip. I have looked at sa few of their items which I have in my collection and they have qabout a 40% markup on Disney's prices. Then they add shipping.

If you order directly from WDW Mail Order they will sell it you you at the retail price plus shipping, and, if you are outside of Florida, there will be no sales tax charged..

Cheshire? I also note that you posted and said not to order from yourwdwstore because they run their business from a private house? And that they will get the items for you on their shopping trip? Well, I see things on their website that are not available anywhere on Disney property, like mini figs, older big figs, things from 2005 like snowglobes, and many other items, and I know that you can't get those things from anywhere else. They have a nice site, and while there are a couple people on here that complain about them, it seems that they are a thriving company. Otherwise, how would they be able to do what they have been for almost 4 years now ( I checked BBB and see that they have been in business since 2008). But then again, not many people would post about a positive experience, mostly the negative ones. If they do run their business out of their house, they are doing on heck of a job, because they ship everywhere in the world, and ship many items that you cant get sent by Disney Mail, like food and personlized ornaments.
You say they mark up about 40%? I have to disagree with you, most of their items are marked up about $5 or %5, unless they are discontinued items, which usually are marked up about $10. And without that markup, how would a business stay alive, make a profit and support a family? I would be more than willing to shop with a home company, it means that I am helping the little company, the family people, who are trying to help me by having the items I want and can't get anymore because I am not in the parks right then. That little markup means nothing to me for an item that they have that I thought could never be replaced, like the solid colored ornament that I had personalized for my anniversary that fell off the tree last year? It was almost 6 years old and I couldn't find anyone that had one other than this company. They asked me to send them a photo of the ornament from before it was broken, took it to disney to have them do the artwork and replicated the ornament EXACTLY as it was before my wife passed away. I would say that is worth the $35 I had to pay for the ornament that couldn't be found anywhere else, what do you say?

I'm saying that when a friend of mine brought them to my attention I made of list of five items that I knew were sold at Epcot and their prices. I then went over to Mouse Gear and looked at the prices. Their selling prices were all about 40% higher than the prices at Mouse Gear. And then there were their shipping charges.

Note that I am a retired CPA and former Internal Auditor; I am very careful when I throw numbers around and can always support them

It is interesting that all of the people who are strongly defending this company are new to DisBoards with fewer than ten posts.

I'm saying that when a friend of mine brought them to my attention I made of list of five items that I knew were sold at Epcot and their prices. I then went over to Mouse Gear and looked at the prices. Their selling prices were all about 40% higher than the prices at Mouse Gear. And then there were their shipping charges.

Note that I am a retired CPA and former Internal Auditor; I am very careful when I throw numbers around and can always support them

It is interesting that all of the people who are strongly defending this company are new to DisBoards with fewer than ten posts.

I think since the owner of that business was alerted to the boards the other day about that other thread that they are now checking in on these boards for reference to themselves and posting under new accounts to bolster their claims of being a good business.

I think since the owner of that business was alerted to the boards the other day about that other thread that they are now checking in on these boards for reference to themselves and posting under new accounts to bolster their claims of being a good business.

jensmonkey93
Earning My Ears

'Cept that ain't a new join date. :rolleyes1

jensmonkey93
Earning My Ears

'Cept that ain't a new join date. :rolleyes1

This company has been talked about for a while now...and someone with a low post count always comes out of the woodwork to defend them. :rolleyes1

Here's another "low post";) count defender. I checked back on some past purchases and realized that I have ordered some pins from them in the past. I had no issues with them either.

Basically, erinluk could solve her problem very easily. She keeps citing past missed phone calls, miscommunications, an unprofessional email by the owner; etc. The owner has admitted to past misunderstandings, apologized for sending an unprofessional email, etc. Since all of that went down, the owner has repeatedly stated that if she returns the damaged print, he will send out a replacement print at his own expense. The instructions on his website confirm this policy. It even says to mail it back by the cheapest way possible. Since she has a damaged print, she could stick it in a manilla envelope, slap 2 or 3 stamps on it, and send it back. This was explained to her both by emails and during a phone conversation a few days ago. She responded by saying the "f" word to them and hanging up. I don't know what else the owner is expected to do. In my opinion, he is already bending over backwards to satisfy this most difficult of customers. She opted not to purchase shipping insurance, and yet the owner is still replacing her damaged item anyway. But for insurance reasons, he needs the damaged print back. Some may feel that he should pay the return postage also. I don't. Considering how nice the owner is being by letting the customer take advantage of the insurance policy that she did not pay for, this customer can supply her own stamps.

Based on some of the recent comments, I did a small test. I semi-randomly selected five items on their site and then went (today) to DTD and looked for them. The first item was at Disney Days of Christmas and the remaining four items were at World of Disney. I selected items that would be fairly easy to find and did not look at the prices when making the selection.

For each I will give a brief description, the Disney price, the Your WDW Store price, and the percentage of the Disney Price that the Your WDW Store price is.

1. Glass Ball Ornament, $9.95, $26.95, 271%
2. 2011 Beach Towel, $12.95, $29.95, 231%
3. Flamingo Antenna Topper, $4.95, 9.95, 201%
4. Cheshire Cat Ears Hat, $16.95, $24.95, 147%
5. 2011 Matchbook Bus, $9.95, $16.95, 170%

Total for the five items, $54.75, $108,75, 199%

So their average selling price is just about double Disney's price.

And I considered that whoever is doing the buying probably has at least an AP, so they get either a 10% or 20% (with PAP) on most purchases as well as their markup.

It is a lot cheaper to buy from Disney Mail Order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter