Ever had to choose to put your kids in a poor-quality school?

It's wrong to say that all teachers in private schools are "lesser" than all public school teachers -- but it is true that public school teachers make significantly more money than private school teachers (especially when you include the pension), and most people who are able to choose will opt for more money. It's also true that public schools require all teachers to have college degrees and teaching licenses; not all teachers in private schools are licensed.

It's also true that most public schools offer a greater range of class choices and extra-curricular options at the high school level.

I'm very well aware, having attended private schools myself all the way through HS -- fully accredited ones that enabled me to secure a full-ride scholarship to a state university. My FIL has yet to meet a broadbrush he doesn't find suitable to make any point to suit his views. When it involves me those broadbrushes know no limits, including discussing ethnic groups I belong to with slurs.

You mentioned he's artsy. What if you offered a summer program at Idyllwild Arts Academy or Interlochen as a reward for doing well during the school year? I didn't catch how old he is, but what about a School Year Abroad or a United World College, would either of those possibly motivate him?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter