Ever been ignored at a restaurant?

Yes at Denny’s. They took our drink order and it came out fine. Took our food order and waited and waited. When the table that sat after us got their food, we left. I told the manager who couldn’t have cared less. I emailed corporate and got 2 coupons. But once we used them over a few years we never went back. There are better breakfast places by us.

Yes. Actually it was worse than being ignored... the waitress took our order, then brought a meal ONLY to my DH. And then she looked very confused that I had also ordered a meal and expected to have breakfast with my husband.
I think we tossed a $20 at the cashier and left... too bad because it was one of my favorite greasy spoon diners... alas they lost lifetime customers that day.

The waitress made an error so you threw your money at the cashier. Wow, how rude.

I never understand why people will make such a big deal out of things. It was your one of your favorite places that you won't go to because one time, there was one thing wrong. My mom used to say that was cutting off your own nose to spite your face.

The waitress made an error so you threw your money at the cashier. Wow, how rude.

I never understand why people will make such a big deal out of things. It was your one of your favorite places that you won't go to because one time, there was one thing wrong. My mom used to say that was cutting off your own nose to spite your face.

Ding ding ding. I also don't understand why people wait 30 minutes or even 15 and then walk out in a huff without flagging somebody down. Sometimes someone goes on a break and a table gets missed. People aren't perfect.

I remember another time we were ignored by a server. It was at a Chili's or TGIF somewhere in the Orlando area. Crowded, but not packed. The server came fairly promptly to take drink orders. When we ordered soda instead of alcohol, she rolled her eyes. It took about 10 minutes for the sodas to arrive, and we ordered appetizers and entrees. Then we never saw the server again. Runners brought all the food. She never came back to ask how everything was going or to offer drink refills. Yet she personally brought the food to some other tables and went back to check on them.

The place didn't have the device on the table to pay the bill, so eventually DH had to go up to the hostess and ask for our check to be delivered. The hostess brought it a few minutes later. It was about $49.50 so DH just left $50 in cash inside the folder. We didn't bother asking to speak to the manager. DH did write something on the check about lack of service.

Happened to us in Vegas this past Mothers Day. Seven of us went to a buffet at one of the Caesars resorts, because it was Mothers day it was $38 per person. The restaurant was half full, they had no clean plates (we used soup bowls to get our food), and a server NEVER once came to clear our table. Because you can only put a little food in a soup bowl we had a massive amount of dishes. Food was lousy too. Worst meal of the whole trip by far, but we laughed about it then and still do.
Sounds like the old joke "The food was awful, and the portions were so small."

Once that I can remember clearly. It was about 25 years ago and my husband and I went to a lounge attached to a restaurant for a drink. Got our drinks and the staff disappeared. We were the only ones in the lounge. Couple tables in the back of the restaurant.
When no one ever came back again we eventually went in the restaurant and waited by the podium to ask for our check. After standing there for 10 minutes we just left without paying.

I did leave feedback on their website and got a call back. I just got explained it again, but I wasn’t really asking for anything like a freebie. At least I got a follow up.

Yes, it happened to us once. We were at a chain restaurant and our twins were maybe two or three. When we were seated, we noticed a couple was sitting with their menus, but no drinks or anything. After about ten minutes they left. Our twins, occupied by the crayons and paper, started getting restless and given that the other table left and no one working in the restaurant batted an eye (menus still on table so nothing cleaned up), we decided to leave, too. We were probably there about 20 mins.

Sounds like the old joke "The food was awful, and the portions were so small."

Funny! In our case, because it was a buffet, we kept trying different foods. Not everything was bad, most was mediocre, but for the price I was expecting really good food.

Many times. Our limit before we start pondering whether to stay or leave is about 10 minutes after being sat if no one has come to our table for a drink order; especially if we've been passed by multiple times by servers. Usually at that point DH asks how much longer do we wait before we leave or he speaks to someone. We have left many times without ever being acknowledge once seated. One restaurant employee (possibly manager) even followed us out upset that we had left. Tried to apologize for lack of service but we'd had enough. We had paid a bill for our drinks but after waiting another 30 minutes and no food order had been taken in a slow restaurant we had had enough.

Happened to us at a chain restaurant. The host seated us at a table that was not assigned a server. They gave us a free dessert for being forgotten..

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter