ESTA info/advice please

laluna

Mouseketeer
We are travelling next Easter and this is new to us. Chatting to a friend today who visited this year and implied it is not necessary. I am right in thinking that this is not case, aren't I? Is there a charge? Do we just register on the ESTA website? Thanks.

Yes it is necessary, it will eventually replace the green form you fill in on the plane, for now you have to do both. Once done it is valid for 2 years and it is free. Don't use any of the sites that charge only use the official site.
Follow here for site

Also it is worth noting that some airlines are starting to be able to run checks to see if you have an ESTA before allowing you to travel.

I know Virgin have started rolling it out so I would expect by next year for it to be complete. So no ESTA or Visa and you won't be on that plane!

Just to add to what wayneg said i went two weeks ago and thought that the ESTA form replaced the green form but it doesnt when i got to the immigration desk they asked for that and the nice guy helped me fill it out so you must do both

As far as I am aware Virgin require all passengers to complete the ESTA process.
There are are loads of websites out there offering to complete the process for you, but they charge.
Whatever you do, do not pay as the official site is free.

Just to add to what wayneg said i went two weeks ago and thought that the ESTA form replaced the green form but it doesnt when i got to the immigration desk they asked for that and the nice guy helped me fill it out so you must do both

Does anyone know why and for how long we still have to fill in the green forms on the plane too? I hate doing these, I have a stash at home so I am planning on filling our in this week and putting them in my planning folder.

Are they still handing out the white customs form on the plane too?

Does anyone know why and for how long we still have to fill in the green forms on the plane too? I hate doing these, I have a stash at home so I am planning on filling our in this week and putting them in my planning folder.

Are they still handing out the white customs form on the plane too?

I guess they will continue with them until they are 100% sure ESTA is working how they want.

Yes you still get the customs form either at check in or on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter