• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN and the Boardwalk - last week of August

vellamint

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have been in the last week of August....do they have the nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk. My plan is to meet up with friends on a Saturday night....eat at ESPN around 5:00 (for hubby) and then walk around the Boardwalk until our fireworks cruise at 8:15. Then maybe hang around a little more after the cruise.

I am asking because I know the last week of August is "value" time and the parks close earlier and such. I dont want a gameplan that is going to leave us sitting around if there is no entertainment at night.

Thanks.

I worked at ESPN and Atlantic Dance on my college program, so I'm a little bit biased when it comes to the boardwalk! They will still have nightly entertainment at the Boardwalk in August. There might not be as many performers out as there would be in December, but there will still be people out there.

Don't forget about the midway games and the surrey bikes -- they're a ton of fun. And you might want to go grab a drink at Atlantic Dance after your Illuminations cruise. It opens at 9, there's no cover charge, the drinks are great, and you should at least go see the inside of the place because it's beautiful!

If you're going to eat at ESPN, you may want to go a little bit after 5:00 -- right at 5 pm is the shift change for hosts and servers, so you might start your meal with one server and end with another. As long as it's not a Sunday during NFL season, you ought to be able to get in straightaway at around 5.

Watch the sports page to make sure there are no big games, because that can always change things, but I don't think College Football will have really gotten started by then. Although, if there's a Florida, FSU, Miami or Notre Dame game that day, I would advise you to go elsewhere if the games start late, or call before you go and see how busy they are.

I am planning on taking dh and ds(6) and dd (4) to dinner at the ESPN also mainly for dh. do we need to have a ps. it will be a sunday evening april 25th ,2004?:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter