Escape From Home to Dinosaurs, Wizards, and Alarm Clocks - A March 2021 Trip Report (Updated 5/2)

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Aww your little guy did look so tired in that picture....

Food looks good from the Chicken Guy and again, enjoying the pictures and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Dockside. We haven`t seen too many reviews on it yet.

cstorm65

DDC #699
Aww your little guy did look so tired in that picture....

Food looks good from the Chicken Guy and again, enjoying the pictures and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Dockside. We haven`t seen too many reviews on it yet.
The food was really pretty good. I think I'm still partial to Earl of Sandwich, but that may be as much about nostalgia for me as anything.

It looks like really good mac and cheese!
It was pretty good. I know DS5 loved it and he is quite the mac 'n cheese connoisseur.

Tatum20

Earning My Ears
So excited to read this! I am stoked you are staying at 3 different USO resorts- curious to read your take on each one.

cstorm65

DDC #699
Day 1 - Part 3 - Donuts for Dinner

We made our way over to the parking lot and found a spot in one of the garages. Dockside is a bigger resort than the sister resort Surfside, and so the walk down the hallways was pretty long. I would also recommend people to know which elevator bank is best for you as there are multiple banks in each building and at times some of them have long lines and some don’t have any lines. We finally found our way to our room and it was very cool.

We just had a standard view room, but it was very well put together and had typical features for a value style room.

We weren’t able to stay long because the boys were super excited about finally getting to swim on this trip and swim they did!

We swam for over two hours before heading back to the room to get some dry clothes on before heading to dinner.

We headed to dinner at Pier 8 and yes, per the title of this post, the boys had donuts for dinner. Now, that is not all they had. I think we got one kid's meal pizza and they split it, but donuts were certainly the star for them! We were really tired from swimming and traveling all day at this point and so I didn’t even manage to take a picture or make note of what April and I had. I do remember that I tried the chicken and waffles, which is kind of a specialty at Pier 8, and it was good. I mean neither the chicken and waffles were anything super special, but they were well done, the chicken was good, and the waffle was crispy. I also snagged a brownie for dessert and somehow managed to remember to take a picture of it and the donuts.

We headed back to the room at about 8:00 and the boys were very tired from the early morning, so we went ahead and laid them down to sleep. Now, here is where a trend started on this trip and I have no idea why this became a thing, but the boys took to falling asleep on the floor between the two beds? Don’t ask me why, they just wanted to. About 30 minutes after they fell asleep each night I would move them back on the bed!

After they fell asleep I went to look around just a bit, which included taking a short stroll through the Universal Studios Store in the lobby. This was a beautiful resort at night as they have everything lit up.

I headed back and I think I was asleep by 9:00 or so.

Up Next: I’ve Never Been This Cold at a Pool in Florida

• mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
    Great TR so far! Your boys are adorable!

I think it's funny how they kept falling asleep between the beds. In 2017 my youngest was 11 and we stayed at All Star Sports. We got a smaller "kid sized" air mattress that fit between the beds for him to sleep in. He LOVED it. He said it felt so cozy down there! Ha!

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    We headed to dinner at Pier 8 and yes, per the title of this post, the boys had donuts for dinner. Now, that is not all they had. I think we got one kid's meal pizza and they split it, but donuts were certainly the star for them!
    I mean that is what vacations are for! Donuts for dinner sounds like an excellent vacation dinner.

Now, here is where a trend started on this trip and I have no idea why this became a thing, but the boys took to falling asleep on the floor between the two beds? Don’t ask me why, they just wanted to. About 30 minutes after they fell asleep each night I would move them back on the bed!

This is so cute. strange.. but really cute.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS