Epcot : Mission Space - Concerns about motion sickness

I'm a space nut and would give anything to do these attractions. But I can't go on the Carousel at the MK without getting ill.

Thanks to all of you for responding. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here that is getting old ( yet young at heart :rolleyes1 ) and can't handle these type of rides anymore.

I can handle Star Tours without any issues, I can even ride most fast roller coasters ( like California Screamin and Expedition Everest while hoping that I don't black out with all those Gs ). But the Tea Cup Ride ( yeah, I'm not risking it ). Yeah, wierd....I know, right?

So if the GREEN side is no worse than either of those rides, then I think my Wife and I can handle that.

Is what you see and experience on the GREEN side that much different than what you see on the ORANGE side?

I'm wondering if the GREEN side explores just a few places ( as in, goes to Earth and the Moon ) but the ORANGE side goes to more places ( like the Earth, Moon, Mars, Alderaan, Endor, the Death Star, etc. ) or is the destination the same but the physical experience different ( cuz of the centrifuge and Gs ).

I'm wondering if I should have my 2 kids ( 11 and 15 ) go on ORANGE while my wife and I stick with GREEN or if all 4 of us should just stick together in GREEN.

Thoughts?

The destination used to be the same, but with a recent refurb, the green side now orbits Earth while the orange side is a mission to Mars. This is a good article discussing the two sides: http://allears.net/2018/11/11/your-...nge-or-green-version-of-epcots-mission-space/

It's a personal decision, but I wouldn't put my own DS11 on orange. I feel like there is too much risk for him to get sick. When he is older, I'll let him make his own decision, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him doing it right now.

We rode Orange once, and I thought I was going to explode due to the G force. We did green next trip with the 5 year old. I still felt motion sick after, and I usually don’t. My husband did fine on green—he can do roller coasters but nothing with a tight spin (such as the tea cups)

Chronic migraine, cast iron stomach, mild claustrophobia:
- Orange set off the head and made me sick to my stomach to the point I thought I might need the motion sickness bags, but I did not have any issues with feeling confined.
- Green was fine all around.
- As a reference: I'm fine on TOT, tea cups are fine (probably because I can spot), but the take off on RnR is too much for the head. I have never had another ride upset my stomach (way too much info, but I have not been "sick" in 34 years - that's ninth grade). Three D can also give me a headache.

There is not a ride I will not go on. Not just Disney, but at any amusement park. I love Disney and we go two to three times a year. From the perspective of a guy that will ride anything I actually find even the biggest thrill rides at Disney somewhat tame. That said, I ride Mission Space Orange, but it probably comes closest to a ride I will pass. We were there last week and we rode it. I was fine after I got off, but can honestly say that of all the rides I have ever ridden (including dealing with 10 ft seas in a 28 foot boat in the Gulf of Mexico) it is the one ride that has ever given me pause to think about whether I should ride it again or not.

The orange side did me in for a couple of hours. I had no issues with the green side.

I have mild motion sickness that seems to be most severe with spinning. I will never go on Mission Space Orange or the teacups for that reason. I tried Mission Space Green once and didn’t have any issues. My reaction was “That’s it?” because, in my opinion, the ride seemed a little silly without the full simulator effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter