Epcot Candlelight Processional

alisen96

Earning My Ears
We have a park reservation for Hollywood Studios on Christmas Eve and Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. I was hoping to park hop to Epcot one of those days to do the candlelight processional. What are the chances Epcot will reach capacity on either/both days? I’m also wondering if Magic Kingdom is a smart move on Christmas Day. I have a 12 y.o and 9 y.o boys. They wanted to do MK Christmas day but we will have already done MK 2 other days by then. We’ll be staying at the Swan Reserve and the ease of Epcot on Christmas Day is becoming more and more appealing. Will I regret giving up MK on Christmas or enjoy Epcot more? Would appreciate hearing from those who have been in the parks these days.

I will preface by saying that I've never visited Disney on Christmas Day or New Years Day but looking at pictures and hearing reports of others, MK would not be the park for me. Knowing that it normally fills to capacity by late morning/early afternoon (pre-park reservations) makes it too busy for me. If you want to go just to be there and not really do many attractions then it might work but personally, if I'd already been there for 2 days I would choose Epcot.

You may also have difficulty getting into CP without a dining reservation. This year there are fewer restaurants available so I don't know if that will improve walkup but with those crowds you'd have to be there awfully early. I'm not sure you can count on just standing behind the theatre either as that gets packed early also. Its the one thing we've always broken down and gotten a dining package for.

Highly likely they will sell out, as they are a couple of the most crowded days of the year. While all parks are currently available Christmas Eve, some parks already do not have availability Christmas Day. Park hopping may well be difficult or impossible. As to Candlelight Processional, went on sale this morning, all dates and times immediately sold out. (Went on sale 5:45, I was online a couple minutes after 6, only things left on the day I was looking were about 3 early afternoon times (1:30-2:30) in Garden Grille.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but better to know anyway. You may be able to get a dining package reservation through one of the reservation services that keep up with cancellations.

We have a park reservation for Hollywood Studios on Christmas Eve and Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. I was hoping to park hop to Epcot one of those days to do the candlelight processional. What are the chances Epcot will reach capacity on either/both days? I’m also wondering if Magic Kingdom is a smart move on Christmas Day. I have a 12 y.o and 9 y.o boys. They wanted to do MK Christmas day but we will have already done MK 2 other days by then. We’ll be staying at the Swan Reserve and the ease of Epcot on Christmas Day is becoming more and more appealing. Will I regret giving up MK on Christmas or enjoy Epcot more? Would appreciate hearing from those who have been in the parks these days.

We've been in EP Christmas Day and MK on Dec. 26. EP was actually doable on Christmas, though, the area in WS surrounding the American Gardens Theater gets packed during CP showtimes. MK on Dec. 26 was an absolute mob-scene and we didn't make it past 1 pm as we could barely move. It is also very difficult getting from the EP area resorts to MK during that time - we stayed at BWI that year and taking the bus from BWI to MK took forever because the traffic is so bad. Add onto the fact that the Swan Reserve bus is going to drop you at TTC and you will have to take the ferry or monorail from there and it adds another impediment to MK on Christmas Day. I would highly recommend switching your park reservation to EP on Christmas. It will be so easy to walk back and forth to EP and EP is gorgeous during the holidays. Just be prepared to line up quite early for whichever CP show you choose to see that day - or, look for a CP dining package if that interests you at all. My tip - do WS early in the day before the CP shows start as, when the CP shows are happening, it is very difficult to walk through the middle part of WS. CP showtimes are a GREAT time to tour Future World.

Highly likely they will sell out, as they are a couple of the most crowded days of the year. While all parks are currently available Christmas Eve, some parks already do not have availability Christmas Day. Park hopping may well be difficult or impossible. As to Candlelight Processional, went on sale this morning, all dates and times immediately sold out. (Went on sale 5:45, I was online a couple minutes after 6, only things left on the day I was looking were about 3 early afternoon times (1:30-2:30) in Garden Grille.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but better to know anyway. You may be able to get a dining package reservation through one of the reservation services that keep up with cancellations.

I think OP was referring to simply watching the CP show, not booking a dining package. You don't have to purchase a dining package to watch CP.

Thanks for all the feedback. I should have mentioned I was hoping to get a dining package but no luck. I was up at 3:30 am and again at 6am. Saw one for a brief second only for it disappear as I was trying to book. My oldest son is dead set on MK for Christmas so I need to find him some pics to show how crowded it gets. Only problem is now I have lunch reservations in MK and there is absolutely nothing available in Epcot. Guess I have 60 days to convince him and hope for the best dining/package wise. I much prefer doing Epcot that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter