• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainment in vehicle

papopup

Mouseketeer
A while back there was a thread about this (TV,VHS,DVD)and I just found what I think is a good deal and wanted to pass it on .I just bought a 9"TV/DVD combo at Sam's Club for $198. that is the best price I have found on any brand.It is a Sylvania and the same thing a Sears was $249.It is AC/DC and the picture is great.I also got a power inverter so the kids can take the PS2 and play it on the drive down.

Thanks for the info!

This sounds really cool!

That sounds really good! As for myself, I'm a video/audio buff... I had to have the swing down LCD monitor & I installed a PS2 in my explorer.

When we drove last summer, we also purchased a video/tv and used an adapter to play gamecube. What a godsend!

That's a great price. They are finally getting cheaper... gotta love Sam's Club! We bought a dvd player before our last trip to Florida and it was great. So much easier packing the dvd's into a small notebook-sized case, as opposed to a big duffel bag packed with VHS tapes! We don't EVER think of a long trip without our little tv.

What is the best way to secure these into a vehicle?? We are going to be driving our Dodge Caravan, and there is not a whole lot of room - the kids will sit in the middle (which is just a small two seater) and we'll probably remove the back seat to put our bags, cooler, etc. We have a bag that attaches to the headrests of the front seats, but I didn't know if there was another way to secure the tv or not? And, has anyone had any trouble with the dvd players skipping if you hit a bump?? Last, we are thinking about taking our gamecube also - how do you secure it all?? Do you take these into your hotel room with you, or do you leave it in the car??? I'm worried about theft, but I'm also worried about sun and heat damage. Thanks!

to answer a few of your questions...

1) I haven't had any probs with mine skipping b/c it is installed where the regular radio goes; and during installation there is a few "securing brackets" which are put into place to keep it from bumping around too much.

2) my PS2 is secured by a custom-built box, but as long as it is on a flat surface without too many bumps being hit, it should work fine.

3) I don't take mine into the hotels with me, but I DO keep my alarm on at all times. I also keep a sunshade up in the windshield to keep it from getting TOO hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter