"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

It definitely is a high quality - pretty much all metal parts. And the hilt is heavy! The blade easily snap/twists into place and is plastic. What is especially cool is the crystal determines the color of the lightsaber. I bought several others (and will probably get a couple more), so you can change out the colors. You can also buy a Holocron, where you insert the crystal and it turns that color plus gives a message from a past jedi!

The lightsaber is $200 plus tax (so around $213). No AP discounts. Crystals are $13 and do have the AP discount.

The droid is $100, also no AP discount.

Yes - that is part of the spiel to lift your sabers! It really is an awesome experience!
That is so cool! Was the script the same each time you rode SWGE, or did it change based on how well the pilots flew the spacecraft? Thanks for sharing your adventures! You have a great way of telling a story!
:disrocks:

This was such a fantastic, detail filled update, Leslie! So many great moments and photos, too many to really comment properly on, but thank you for bringing it all to us who have to wait a bit longer. :)

Excited to get the shirt you are sending- still waiting on that price incl shipping. ;)

Sorry for the delay on replying!

Thank you so much for sharing!

I’m going to make a general comment in response to your rant... UGH! People are the worst, luckily I think Disney knows can’t please everyone! Everyone is a Monday quarterback, they could have done so much better, that’s why the vlog and aren’t imagineers. 🙄 Ok my rant is over now too!

I’ve been following along and read and frankly I think it looks amazing! I can’t wait to be able to check it out!! Unfortunately for me I had to adjust my August trip and won’t make it in August so will have to be October but can not wait!!!

I so want to make a droid and I NEED that BB-8 head band and probably the r2d2 one as well, I hope they aren’t limited time!
Funny thing is wdw news t did a thorough review of it and they actually visited the land for about a week. They really loved it! Definitely had some improvements but they understood how detailed and how amazing it really was! It really sucks some people are making judgements without visiting! But hey, everyone I see leaves with some form of merch, which is what Disney cares about!

I don't think the headbands are limited time! They still have plenty!

Wow, I hadn't heard that detail on any of the vlogs I watched - SO cool! I feel like I want to use that response for everything I quoted, ha!

I had read this on the official SWGE thread here and couldn't believe it. Maybe a lot of people were scared that it would be craziness and steered clear of opening weekend for that reason. I doubt the opening in WDW will be the same since people plan those trips months in advance, before the opening date was even announced. I won't be in the country, otherwise I would be very tempted to go though!

I love how some of them are filming you guys walking in - seems just as special to them as it was for you all. You really lucked out being in that very first group to enter the land!!

I love her! How cool that you can make them in different colors and with different personality chips!

I'm one of them! :wave: It looked like such a neat experience!

That's really cool that he took a photo with you!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience of opening weekend! I can't wait to check it out someday. The marketplace looks so detailed and amazing as does the rest of the land. Seems like they'll need another Cantina though to handle everyone who wants to go there!
It was sooo cool! And the crowds have just been amazing! Last weekend was a bit busier but that's because I think the word got out about the low wait times!

Josh was so neat and just a nice guy! I imagine he's going to do great things with Disney and beyond!

OMG!!! I wasn’t going to read to stay somewhat surprised but I just couldn’t!

I am so excited for this Land now. It looks just like you are on a trading planet, the actual immersion into the Land looks amazing!

I am jealous, haha! I won’t see it until January, unless they let AP’s take a look in August. I would love that.

Your excitement really shows in your write up, have fun seeing it again this weekend!
Sorry for tempting you! It is too hard to look away!

Wow! How cool that u got to see SWGE already and u got soooo much done.
I know - it's great! Now when the crowds descend I will still probably want to visit, but I can just take it in, rather than need to get on the ride a bunch of times!

Amazing! I seriously need a few droid headbands. I'm so much more excited about SWGE after seeing so many photos and videos!
It really is an amazing place!

Omg looks incredible! Sounds like you had sooo much fun and that you really got to do a lot during your first visit! Your BB looks great!
I did have so much fun! And have continued to have fun! BB says thanks!

Just got over and got caught up on this TR. I didn't read about Galaxy's Edge yet in detail. I'm just not sure if I want the spoilers or not. I can't figure out how much I want to really get in and look at it. I might not be able to resists once the WDW one opens and they are both going strong!
Oh I know, the temptation is real! I had to try and avoid as many photos or spoilers as possible for the couple days after the media embargo was lifted!
Lesley... I am THRILLED that you had such an amazing morning at SWGE!!! I can only imagine how excited you were to get to visit, and I'm so glad you were able to do everything!! You even got to take a photo with Josh D'Amaro- how cool!

Watching the videos on Twitter of the CMs cheering on everyone entering the land that morning gave me absolute chills... I can't even begin to imagine how amazing of a welcome that must have been!

Love the droid and the lightsaber, and I adore that woman's Orange Bird!

Thanks for sharing!!
It was soo exciting and I just loved the experience! I did get a bit emotional!

And the Orange Bird was sooo awesome too!

I'm so happy for you that the opening was such an incredible experience!! You had such a great game plan anyway, so I'm not surprised; I'm just glad that everything went more smoothly than you even anticipated.

I am not a huge lover of all things Star Wars, but I know Jimmy will be super excited about SWGE being open when we are at WDW in December. I'm excited to experience it with him.
It was such a lovely surprise for the low crowds! I'm sure Jimmy is going to love it and I think you will too!

Cool! And... it moves and makes noises!!!
And also interacts with the land! So if I bring her back in, she starts to beep and buzz around in the backpack! It's very cool!

Wow- I'm amazed by how much you were able to do in your timeframe! It seems like the reservation system worked out really well. I hope WDW takes notes on crowd management lol.
The reservation system was perfect! I hope WDW comes up with something because it will be pretty chaotic otherwise!

I am so happy you got to experience this! I've been following a lot of coverage of the land and I gotta say yours is the most thorough I have seen. Thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks! It's just because I take a lot of photos! And love it so much!

So......I think you know I'm not quite the biggest SW fan :duck: and therefore do not know what one or two things you talked about in your update are :rolleyes1 BUT, knowing how much YOU love it I'm truly happy you were there for opening day and had such a great experience! I will be taking a VIP tour of SWGE in WDW in Oct ( so of course millions will have seen it already lol) and I'm looking forward to it because I know the theming will be amazing. Plus I do know who Darth Vader is so there's that :darth:

This is super cool!!
I think even non-SW fans will love the land! It's just so engaging and wonderfully detailed! Also a lot of SW fans haven't watch the animated tv shows but they take a bunch of references from there, so even SW fans don't recognize everything!

I liked your Galaxy's Edge post but I didn't actually look! I looked at a bit of your day on Facebook and it seemed so much fun, and your lightsaber building was just amazing! I'm so happy you had such a great experience in the land.
Definitely don't look if you don't want to be spoiled!

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks so much for sharing your SWGE experience. I can’t get over how calm and civilized it was (other than apparent rampant spork theft) The reservation system was genius. I fear for what it will be like in FL without them. I am in trouble with the merchandise... I want everything!
Oh, the spork theft is sooo annoying! I've been going on ebay and trying to report any I see!

Hopefully they will have some sort of previews for people to attend in Florida! Much better than the craziness of the masses!

Simply amazing! Thanks for the great review and I can't wait to experience it someday!
Of course!
That is so cool! Was the script the same each time you rode SWGE, or did it change based on how well the pilots flew the spacecraft? Thanks for sharing your adventures! You have a great way of telling a story!
:disrocks:
So the script did change depending on how well you fly. It's a 2-part mission and you aren't guaranteed to succeed in the second part if you don't do the right things! There also is an asteroid field which actually is used as filler in case the vehicle gets delayed moving onto the next portion due to people loading/unloading. The length of that depends on how efficient people are being.
This was such a fantastic, detail filled update, Leslie! So many great moments and photos, too many to really comment properly on, but thank you for bringing it all to us who have to wait a bit longer. :)

Excited to get the shirt you are sending- still waiting on that price incl shipping. ;)
Yeah - lots to see and experience!

SWGE - Round 2

Before I get into Round 2, here are some photos from Dina from our morning experience. (I still can’t get my videos to work right, so I’m giving up for now.)

PPJsSNv.jpg
1DGQEzI.jpg

Smuggler’s Run queue

amwqMcD.jpg
XDg7rmV.jpg
Sg7CPvR.jpg
NzmH6FP.jpg
vLial4y.jpg
6DTZW7s.jpg

The only areas you can see that aren’t from SW is Big Thunder Mountain and the Fantasyland Theatre tent. I know the tent is only visible from the queue windows when you look out over the Falcon. I can’t remember if you can see Big Thunder from any areas on the ground. But you can’t hear anything from the rest of the park, including the train which passes right by the land!

8LoXaHg.jpg

In the Chess Room:

exfECZY.jpg

Lightsabers

vHE2cet.jpg
M7T74op.jpg
DUJAW7j.jpg
7weirs4.jpg
5SNbYzX.jpg

Marketplace

O4SFtgW.jpg

Whenever you drink out of the drinking fountain, this guy pops his head up!

bIEnwDo.jpg

(this is my crappy video in low light, but you get the idea):
giphy.gif

Stormtroopers
JGrKbPZ.jpg

As I mentioned, we had a second reservation on opening day, this time from 8pm - 12am. After a few hours break at the hotel (and by break I mean I played with my droid and lightsaber while sitting on my bed), we all headed back over to Disneyland for Round 2 in Batuu. I was excited to see the evening lighting and also just experience more things in the land!

On the way in I also stopped to get the opening day shirt (thanks to Dina I also ended up with another design after she tracked down one at World of Disney last weekend!)

mOSUHf6.jpg

This time our planet was Crait (so the red crystal planet from The Last Jedi). Every reservation window has a different planet to try and prevent people from reusing bands from a previous visit. Though they scan a barcode on them at the land entrance, so it would be difficult!

DmrYRe3.jpg

This time we entered from the Critter Country pathway. You can see the fencing separating Critter Country from Galaxy’s Edge and once you pass under the train bridge, you hear the John William music and it just feels special! (For people at DHS - this will be the entrance used at Grand Avenue)

Sbo0dih.jpg
YwbqyJf.jpg
OtUGztY.jpg
8odtEzK.jpg
JFV03rU.jpg
zAv8PXq.jpg

Rather than go to the ride first like everyone else, we split off and headed thru the marketplace. Unlike WDW, Disneyland mobile ordering allows you to choose a specific timeslot (in 30 minute increments). Dina, Matt and I had placed our mobile orders that morning to be able to guarantee our chosen time slot (and I would do this for any future reservations), because once people start to enter the land the timeslots get later and later. So, we decided to eat first (during that 1-hour overlap), then figure out riding/shopping/exploring.

Marketplace at dusk:

CupyTpG.jpg
tvBFqXy.jpg

Oh, actually Dina and I did stop to pick up the Mouse Droid popcorn buckets from Kat Saka’s Kettle. They have special popcorn there which is spicy (red coating) and sweet (purple coating). It was ok – not my most favorite and I probably wouldn’t bother with again.

The shop – if you look they use some upside down mouse droids as kernel holders on the wall!

NpVFgNV.jpg
anxX5Zx.jpg
Y0MmsEG.jpg
5zBLFoL.jpg
OuDjU7a.jpg
6qNYm42.jpg

Last edited:
Then into Docking Bay 7 for dinner!

oq2iEvG.jpg
VNMOrMn.jpg
xPV8xKt.jpg

I got the Braised Shaak Roast (Beef pot roast, cavatelli pasta, wilted kale, mushrooms), as well as the Batuu-bon (Chocolate cake, white chocolate mousse, coffee custard), and to drink, a Batuubucha Tea (Suja pineapple passionfruit kombucha).

The roast was delicious – one of my favorite things and I’ve gotten it again since then! The meat was tender, the sauce was very good, and the pasta cooked properly – not too gummy or hard.

LWAgbQ8.jpg

The Batuubucha tea was not good! I had a sip and didn’t like it. Matt tried a sip too and I wish I had filmed his reaction – it looked like a typical Beverly reaction, even though it wasn’t! (Note – in Disneyworld this could end up being an alcoholic drink, as Disneyland only serves alcohol in Oga’s Cantina and Club 33).

EDQ3Tus.jpg

The Batuu-bon was very yummy. Small but rich. And the coffee flavor wasn’t overpronounced – basically if you like tiramisu, you will like this one:

GWNADjJ.jpg
fzZX2ys.jpg

After filling up on yummy food (and a not yummy drink), we headed over to the Creature Stall. I loved all the animatronics they had there, including an adorable sleeping Lothcat with a chewed up porg toy!

V8pbXq0.jpg
oKecb8J.jpg
4bbADNZ.jpg
GMVsgfP.jpg

I didn’t plan on getting anything here, but I couldn’t put down the Lothcat, and it purrs when you pet it and hisses when you move it’s legs! Sooo cute! I forgot to take a photo of the packaging, but it’s so cute and looks like a pet carrier! The Disney marketing team did a great job with all the packaging, because you just see people walking around with everything and you know kids are going to see and want them! (Also the Lothcats sold out a couple days later.)

So, here is Sabine:

7wg2KFi.jpg

A video with the sound effects. Also, if you don’t pet it for a bit but still have it “on”, it may get lonely and start to cry out for you!

Honestly that shop is so cute, @StarWarsMomofGirls! , I will be shocked if Morgan and Gwen each don’t come home with something from there!

8qOhwMZ.jpg

A lot of the creatures in the shop actually come from the animated series The Clone Wars and Rebels. Those series could explore the Star Wars universe much more than the movies can. So if you are wondering what a Lothcat is – it’s a feline native to Lothal (from Star Wars Rebels).

giphy.gif

Then, it was time for another ride on the Falcon; we did Single Rider and I think it did have a bit of a wait, but that was because we were still in the “overlap” hour, so had people from the 5-9 and 8-12 groups being able to ride it.

cPfdPmN.jpg
FasKjqo.jpg
y5z4yZF.jpg

A Porg nest on the way out:

ntBR5yJ.jpg
QvYykKD.jpg

The lighting was gorgeous!

rBhXrEs.jpg
cVww0Li.jpg

So, at around 9:30 we were standing around not realizing what time it was, and then “boom boom boom”. We realized Galaxy’s Edge was the PERFECT place to see the fireworks! Like seriously, amazing!

We started out in the First Order area, but I realized the Falcon would be a better spot, so we moved down there

FLMwUjJ.jpg
oZ9dfWM.jpg
XaHqHnh.jpg
2wNwbpg.jpg

Looks like the Death Star just exploded!

ByLA3Gn.jpg

Really an awesome experience!

giphy.gif

And a photopass stop after the fireworks

qJWM0bs.jpg
b9TGtH4.jpg

Last edited:

Now, more shopping time, now in Dok Ondor’s Den of Antiquities. Love that store and sooo many easter eggs on the walls and top shelves! Dok Ondor is also an amazing animatronic!

dI7iX5J.jpg
8Dl2196.jpg
q41xsmv.jpg
tO8B8Gt.jpg
70pRpvM.jpg

I picked up and put down a bunch of things, but in the end I walked away with a Jedi Holocron and a couple Kyber Crystals. I also worked with a CM to find myself a rare black crystal!

wSwvUsX.jpg
BSr8VAw.jpg
u1avfAC.jpg

I tried taking a video of the Holocron working with the various crystals, but of course my brother interrupted me and apparently I stopped filming and didn’t get the rest of the crystals filmed! Oh well, you get the idea:

But basically, the crystals “power” the lightsabers and holocrons. In a lightsaber, each crystal color will cause the blade to change color, which is pretty awesome! It also causes different sounds; I noticed the white one sounds even more electric. A Holocron is supposed to be a repository of knowledge. Each crystal can hold different lessons. So, basically when you put the crystal in the Holocron, it causes messages from different Star Wars characters. There are three different “cuts” of crystal, which apparently corresponds to different voices. I haven’t figured them all out yet, but here is what I have acquired so far:

Purple Crystal (from my lightsaber) – Mace Windu (though it’s not Samuel L Jackson speaking)
White Crystal – Chirrut – the force warrior monk from Rogue One
Green Crystal – Yoda
Yellow Crystal (normal) – Maz Kanata

Some notes – I have 2 yellow crystals. The one I originally purchased ended up actually having a blue chip in it, so it turns out blue in the saber and holocron! Disney offered me a refund but I didn’t want to give it back, so I kept it – CMs never heard about that happening for anyone else. But it’s Luke’s voice from The Last Jedi.

The Black crystal is a Sith crystal. They have a Sith Holocron, where you can put the red crystals to get different sith voices. But I think all the Sith crystals come out with Yoda in the Jedi Holocron.

Ok, now after that essay on holocrons…

We ended up doing another round on the Falcon, again via Single Rider, though somehow I was able to trade for the Pilot position! Woohoo!

1hJmPv9.jpg

I then picked up another cup of Blue Milk.

zuLWls4.jpg

I ended up sitting down to drink it in an area that is supposed to be the back of the Droid Depot. It was cool to just hear the sounds and take everything all in! Recognize the lighting fixtures?

I40TggB.jpg
THnBpxc.jpg
LBwqGL1.jpg
4kGoE81.jpg
iLKFwYt.jpg

A bit of nighttime wanderings (I may have been playing the app at this time too)

D09FWea.jpg
I90uHYR.jpg
dg345Ho.jpg
QBGTgbU.jpg
gLnl94t.jpg
0K1h2Nm.jpg

RhQlVqr.jpg

When I got to the Falcon, Chewbacca was hanging around and very upset at the damage done to his ship! It was hilarious because he would just look at the ship and look back at everyone gathered and just shake his head!

YwePD2T.jpg
7bJY0e0.jpg

One final ride on the Falcon that night (so a total of 5 rides so far)

DkAUJpc.jpg

Last edited:
After the Falcon, I was still hungry, so I decided to stop at Ronto Roasters. This is more of a counter where you can get Ronto Wraps (the Star Wars version of a hot dog). The theming is great, with a podracing engine being used to roast “Ronto” and a complaining droid having to turn the spit! (some of these photos are from daytime but it fits here better)

8ynHqQt.jpg
kHUin6g.jpg
Y8mAoEk.jpg
rVLSICe.jpg
Z7CaJG4.jpg

I ended up getting a Ronto Wrap (Roasted pork, grilled pork sausage, peppercorn sauce, tangy slaw, wrapped in a pita). It was good, but I wasn’t in love. I also only had a few bites, for reasons that will become apparent in a moment.

tTaAWVO.jpg

To drink I got the Meiloorun Juice (Barrilitos Aguas Frescas pineapple, simply lemonade with blueberry, white cranberry juice, lemon juice, and desert pear). I loved this! It is very sweet, so be prepared for that! I think they will make the specialty drinks here alcoholic when it opens at DHS.

WAhK6iL.jpg

So the reason I didn’t eat a lot was because I got a text from Dina that the Cantina line was super short, which was surprising, as it was over an hour all day long. Well turns out after last call (around 11:30), they were offering “tours” of the cantina, where you could just step inside and take in the atmosphere and see DJ Rex. They had closed the line but took pity on me and let me in! It was very cool to see. I definitely want to go in here properly, but the lines have just been insane!

55ZyhmH.jpg
Cdqrv9g.jpg
HO2mKCx.jpg

I took a couple more photos around the nearly empty land, which was gorgeous!

qElcDf0.jpg
1XH68kD.jpg
tahHkc0.jpg
iGbru8N.jpg
xyVoYpn.jpg
80t0hF6.jpg

I think I also had a bunch of photopass pictures done, but I’m not 100% certain when that happened, but I’m just going to put them here!

yjaWyrx.jpg
NNnC2ty.jpg

Vi8SbdF.jpg
xhfZwrx.jpg

I thought I had another set from the droid area, but I guess not?

After that I headed back out of the park and slogged my way back to the Paradise Pier Hotel! Definitely exhausting (and my ankle was hurting) but it was worth it for such an amazing day!

Coming up - Round 3 & 4 (hopefully in the next day or so!)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing your adventures! I read them in a FB group we both belong to, but I appreciated the story and pictures!

It was so cool to read about your experience with opening day at Galaxy’s Edge! I am not a Star Wars fan but can appreciate the incredible theming there. I will be at opening weekend for the one in Hollywood Studios (by coincidence) so I’m curious to see how they will handle things and whether or not it will be organized enough to be able to see it.

I am still sitting here in sheer awe of how much you got done at SWGE! What an amazing trip to Batuu!

I had no idea what a Lothcat was until just now, and now I need one. Or five. I love the hiss it lets out when you touch it's leg!

Simply incredible pictures, especially at night. I hope you had the most amazing time at Batuu! Thank you so much for sharing this experience. I'm not a Star Wars person, but the excitement on this TR is so contagious and I hope you had as great of a time as this update leads me to believe you did!

I was behind again!!!! I can't keep up with your marathon posts!

The level of detail is so great and every so often you hear (and feel) a ship flying overhead).
Ok, that alone has me so excitied!!!

The ride - I loved it! I got to ride it sooo many times, in all different positions. Pilot was my favorite. Engineer wasn't half-bad. Gunner was my least favorite, though I would still do it again in a heartbeat!
So, how did they pick? Did they ask you, or just hand them out? I am so curious by this. Like, will they let Morgan be a pilot? Or will they usually give that to an adult?

On Thursday, May 30, Dina and I checked into the Paradise Pier Hotel. This is the cheapest Official Disneyland Hotel, but is still extremely expensive, at about $450 per night.
Yikes! But TOTALLY get why you did it. I mean you had to?!?!

Also you’d think with a beach theme they’d do better than a basic rectangular pool…
I thought that when I was looking at hotels when we came out last year! It is kind of a lame pool.

I call this the March of the E-Bay Resellers (I took video, but my videos are being annoying and not working right now)
Booooo!!!! The ebay re-sellers are the worst! Disney and non-disney stuff.

We went over to the holding area which was between the Matterhorn and the Finding Nemo submarines. Despite there being a lot of people, everyone was in a very good mood and acting very civilized – no elbows being thrown or people pushing to the front!
That was nice that everyone was just happy to be there.

Great photo of you!

Dina’s uncle and his husband ended up really bonding with him and they hung out most of the morning and exchanged contact info.)
Disney Magic!

Now, I never thought you were crazy, but the people with the stroller and kids with them might have been!

One of the coolest moments was as we entered the land, the Imagineers and designers and park people were all lined up waving and cheering us on. It really felt special!
rnrw83S.jpg
Seriously, that must have been so amazing for those imagineers. Such a great moment for them. And seriously, they were already the luckiest to work on that project!

The Hondo animatronic is pretty cool! Oh, and if anyone doesn’t know who Hondo is – he is a smuggler from the Clone Wars and Rebels tv shows. It’s an interesting choice having him be the star of the attraction, but I think it works – if it was a more familiar character it would be pretty dated
It makes sense, he would have travelled all around. Interesting because a lot of people won't know who he is.

The CM hands them out, pretty much in the Pilot-Gunner-Engineer order, with the instructions that if you want to change your assignment you can do so in the next room.
Do they help with the trading or do you as a group just need to decide... Can you tell I am having anxiety about this...

You get sent to board the Falcon and wait in the “Chess Room”. Here you are free to mill about (it’s not a huge room), including sitting down at the actual game table, where people normally take photos.
How many people do they have in there at one time? Was it crowded. I feel like I would stress out to not have enough time to get a picture before being called.

Yeah… I sucked big time (normally people get in the thousands, maybe even 10,000’s. I got 100…)
Ha! You have to figure alot of people didn't do well that morning.

So, I’d like to introduce you to BB-531! She’s still a baby but already a galaxy traveler!

nLlRKl5.jpg
So cute!!! love it.

we headed over to the Creature Stall. I loved all the animatronics they had there, including an adorable sleeping Lothcat with a chewed up porg toy!
Morgan and Gwen are going to loose there minds when they see that thing!

Sooooo cute!!!! How much was it?!?! At least one of the girls will def want that!!!

Honestly that shop is so cute, @StarWarsMomofGirls! , I will be shocked if Morgan and Gwen each don’t come home with something from there!
Oh! These girls are going to want so many things there! (And maybe one large dad, as well)

Purple Crystal (from my lightsaber) – Mace Windu (though it’s not Samuel L Jackson speaking)
Come one Disney!!! Get Samuel L!!!

One final ride on the Falcon that night (so a total of 5 rides so far)
That is amazing! So, jealous.

To drink I got the Meiloorun Juice (Barrilitos Aguas Frescas pineapple, simply lemonade with blueberry, white cranberry juice, lemon juice, and desert pear). I loved this! It is very sweet, so be prepared for that! I think they will make the specialty drinks here alcoholic when it opens at DHS.

WAhK6iL.jpg
That sounds delish! And I can't wait to try it!!!

I took a couple more photos around the nearly empty land, which was gorgeous!

I can't wait!!! And now I think I need to go back to the drawing board and schedule some night time there to see it at night. Hmmm.....

I know my kids will want to see the Cantina, but not sure if they're willing to do the wait.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures! I read them in a FB group we both belong to, but I appreciated the story and pictures!
I’m glad to have you here!
It was so cool to read about your experience with opening day at Galaxy’s Edge! I am not a Star Wars fan but can appreciate the incredible theming there. I will be at opening weekend for the one in Hollywood Studios (by coincidence) so I’m curious to see how they will handle things and whether or not it will be organized enough to be able to see it.
I am curious too about the DHS one! Maybe they will see how the virtual queue works at DL and can modify it for the crowds there? It’s certainly going to be complicated!
I am still sitting here in sheer awe of how much you got done at SWGE! What an amazing trip to Batuu!

I had no idea what a Lothcat was until just now, and now I need one. Or five. I love the hiss it lets out when you touch it's leg!

Simply incredible pictures, especially at night. I hope you had the most amazing time at Batuu! Thank you so much for sharing this experience. I'm not a Star Wars person, but the excitement on this TR is so contagious and I hope you had as great of a time as this update leads me to believe you did!
Of course I had an amazing time! I even have a possibility to go back before the reservations end, but that is still up in the air! I just loved the land so much!
So, how did they pick? Did they ask you, or just hand them out? I am so curious by this. Like, will they let Morgan be a pilot? Or will they usually give that to an adult?
Do they help with the trading or do you as a group just need to decide... Can you tell I am having anxiety about this...
Oh I understand the anxiety. They sort of give them out randomly but single riders are almost always engineers. I have noticed the first people in the “room” (it’s more like a ramp landing) usually get the pilot cards, then the gunners, then engineers. As a group of 4 you will probably end up with a group of 2. People have normally been good about trading if someone really wants a position, but I think you can also ask the CM and they may just give it to you!

And they have no problem giving pilot to little kids or kids in general.
How many people do they have in there at one time? Was it crowded. I feel like I would stress out to not have enough time to get a picture before being called.
There’s about 4 groups in there, so around 24 people. But pretty much anyone who wants to take a picture has the time to do so! There were a couple times people were sitting on the bench resting which was annoying-like people want to take photos!-but they moved when people asked.
Sooooo cute!!!! How much was it?!?! At least one of the girls will def want that!!!
I think it was $45 pre-discount and tax. But I had Matt with me so we could use his CM discount!

And don’t forget the porg puppets where you control their mouth and wings!

I can't wait!!! And now I think I need to go back to the drawing board and schedule some night time there to see it at night. Hmmm.....

I know my kids will want to see the Cantina, but not sure if they're willing to do the wait.
Oh, 100% you need nighttime photos! Maybe they will start ADRs for the cantina? I think it’s pretty necessary to avoid the crazy lines!

And also interacts with the land! So if I bring her back in, she starts to beep and buzz around in the backpack! It's very cool!
Cooooool!
Whenever you drink out of the drinking fountain, this guy pops his head up!
A bit... disturbing! :laughing:
(and by break I mean I played with my droid and lightsaber while sitting on my bed)
:laughing: Not surprised.
Oh, actually Dina and I did stop to pick up the Mouse Droid popcorn buckets from Kat Saka’s Kettle. They have special popcorn there which is spicy (red coating) and sweet (purple coating). It was ok – not my most favorite and I probably wouldn’t bother with again.
Good to know. I just read about the popcorn and was curious.
The roast was delicious – one of my favorite things and I’ve gotten it again since then!
Oh! Okay, then!
The Batuubucha tea was not good! I had a sip and didn’t like it. Matt tried a sip too and I wish I had filmed his reaction – it looked like a typical Beverly reaction, even though it wasn’t!
Probably wouldn't order it anyway, not being a coffee or tea drinker.
Too bad you didn't film his reaction. :laughing:
I couldn’t put down the Lothcat, and it purrs when you pet it and hisses when you move it’s legs!
:eek:
So if you are wondering what a Lothcat is – it’s a feline native to Lothal (from Star Wars Rebels).
Ah. Had zero clue.
When I got to the Falcon, Chewbacca was hanging around and very upset at the damage done to his ship! It was hilarious because he would just look at the ship and look back at everyone gathered and just shake his head!
:laughing: Poor Chewie.

Wow, great nighttime photos of the land! I just love all of the details throughout! That creature shop looks so cool - the entire marketplace does! The cat with the chewed up Porg toy - gah! I NEED to visit this land soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!