• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of January/early February?

So I’ve been doing some research and it looks like this is the best time for me to visit WDW next. The room prices are low, flights are cheaper. And I live in a super cold weather climate so I wanna get away! I’m also interested in Festival of the Arts.

Can anyone give some insight to this time of year? Why you liked it, why you didn’t?

We’ve visited during all months throughout the years. Winter is a personal favorite because I’d rather put a sweatshirt on at night and enjoy the warm daytime recovery than sweat while exerting no energy at 11pm from Summer humidity. Still provides a nice warmup to break up Winter.

So I’ve been doing some research and it looks like this is the best time for me to visit WDW next. The room prices are low, flights are cheaper. And I live in a super cold weather climate so I wanna get away! I’m also interested in Festival of the Arts.

Can anyone give some insight to this time of year? Why you liked it, why you didn’t?
We always make our annual trip in February, and it is an amazing time to go! Some food for thought, though:
- It's necessary to pack for all types of weather contingencies at that time of year. It can be a high temp of 55 degrees one day and 85 degrees 2 days later. The weather forecasts don't seem to be very accurate, either, more than a day before. Along with that, you may not want to be wedded to any "pool days". It may be warm enough to swim, it may not.
- You may want to check out the run Disney race schedule and try to schedule around the races.
- The week of President's day is CRAZY!
- There are cheer competitions at this time. You may not want to stay in the values ( it gets LOUD), and Epcot/Disney Springs can get a little packed with cheer teams in the evenings/on weekends.

We always make our annual trip in February, and it is an amazing time to go! Some food for thought, though:
- It's necessary to pack for all types of weather contingencies at that time of year. It can be a high temp of 55 degrees one day and 85 degrees 2 days later. The weather forecasts don't seem to be very accurate, either, more than a day before. Along with that, you may not want to be wedded to any "pool days". It may be warm enough to swim, it may not.
- You may want to check out the run Disney race schedule and try to schedule around the races.
- The week of President's day is CRAZY!
- There are cheer competitions at this time. You may not want to stay in the values ( it gets LOUD), and Epcot/Disney Springs can get a little packed with cheer teams in the evenings/on weekends.
I happened to find a week where there are no planned competitions (as of now) and not near a marathon or holiday. So hopefully it works out!

I happened to find a week where there are no planned competitions (as of now) and not near a marathon or holiday. So hopefully it works out!
My favorite time to go is late January/early February, for the same reasons cited above. And understanding the same caveats as above, especially about the weather! No matter what the forecast is, pack layers. My coat closet is stocked with Disney sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets purchased because I didn't think I'd need one "that" night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter