Encore Club at Reunion Resort

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I'm ultimately confused by this area. For fun we were looking at homes for sale and came across some crazy/decked out homes. Many were located in Encore Club at Reunion. Doing further research, is this all part of one HUGE resort area? Does anyone actually live here full time?

I am seeing many different images of pools/lazy rivers/water park areas. Are there multiple?

Can someone please explain what Reunion is and then how Encore Club fits into Reunion?

I honestly thought Reunion was simply a town/city.

Thanks!

Reunion is a master-planned community with lots of resort features, like pools, golf courses and restaurants. It is large and spread out.

I have stayed there in a Wyndham timeshare, which is basically a three-bedroom condo.

You can buy a house there or a condo there, you can rent houses and condos there.

There are various rules about what kind of amenities renters and owners can use for free, so be aware of that. You may be disappointed if you find out you have to pay to use the waterpark.

Encore Club at Reunion looks like a company that is renting houses -- the houses they rent could be owned by various people or the company. I have not used them.

In Florida, there are lots of master-planned communities sort of like Reunion. Most are where people live but Reunion seems more dominated by the vacation business and there are many outlets renting there.

It's a fine base for an Orlando vacation if you have a car. You will have to drive everywhere, though.

Reunion is a master-planned community with lots of resort features, like pools, golf courses and restaurants. It is large and spread out.

I have stayed there in a Wyndham timeshare, which is basically a three-bedroom condo.

You can buy a house there or a condo there, you can rent houses and condos there.

There are various rules about what kind of amenities renters and owners can use for free, so be aware of that. You may be disappointed if you find out you have to pay to use the waterpark.

Encore Club at Reunion looks like a company that is renting houses -- the houses they rent could be owned by various people or the company. I have not used them.

In Florida, there are lots of master-planned communities sort of like Reunion. Most are where people live but Reunion seems more dominated by the vacation business and there are many outlets renting there.

It's a fine base for an Orlando vacation if you have a car. You will have to drive everywhere, though.
Thank you so much for giving me so much context. Def an area we will want to check out some more.

I have stayed at reunion resort, not the encore part. I have stayed several times. It’s fantastic. With no fast pass, no early hours, no sunrise special for golf, and lack of restaurants I am actually currently thinking about changing my Disney reservation for March to the Reunion.

Does anyone have advice on how to learn more about homeownership at Encore from actual owners? I found a Facebook group but its private and for owners only. Thanks!

Does anyone have advice on how to learn more about homeownership at Encore from actual owners? I found a Facebook group but its private and for owners only. Thanks!
I think a good place to start would be a real estate agent who sells homes in the Reunion area.

Be aware that these master-planned Florida communities can have HOA fees, CDD fees and Club membership fees that can be bigger than your mortgage payment, but you may already know that. I don't know what they are for Reunion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!