"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Absolutely LOVE Festival of the Lion King! What an amazing show!

I was cracking up at being the parade before the parade! :rotfl: Looks like yall had some good spots... and it's always nice to be able to sit down and watch instead of having to stand behind people.

The balloon picture is too cute!

It so is, and I really can't wait to see it in it's brand new home.

Haha, it really did feel that way. We literally circled the whole parade route. And somehow we ended up with some great spots. Nice and comfy and not in anybody's way.

Thanks Lauren. I like it too, My very first Magic Shot... complete with injuries, lol!

Just read your intro and I am hooked already! :thumbsup2

Off to read.. :surfweb: And most definitely subbing!

YAY, Thank you SO MUCH for joining and WELCOME!!! Hopefully the rest will be live up to the intro, lol.

LOVING the trip report again!!! I'm home after getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled so I re-read this and your other reports!! Making my day great!!

All caught up! And still hooked! So glad I stumbled upon your TR, albeit a tad late. Can't wait for the next installment! Your TR is getting me so excited for my next trip (In three weeks!:cool1::cheer2::banana:), and also making me seriously consider going back for X-mas! :scratchin

LOVING the trip report again!!! I'm home after getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled so I re-read this and your other reports!! Making my day great!!

Aww Natalie, THANK YOU!!! So sad to hear about the Wisdom Teeth pulling (not fun), but sure am glad to contribute to your down time in a good way.

All caught up! And still hooked! So glad I stumbled upon your TR, albeit a tad late. Can't wait for the next installment! Your TR is getting me so excited for my next trip (In three weeks!:cool1::cheer2::banana:), and also making me seriously consider going back for X-mas! :scratchin

WOW, impressive!!!! I'm so very glad you stumbled on it too. And not even at the halfway point yet, so not late at all. I will say that Christmastime is truly a special time there, BUT, today, I would absolutely prefer 3 weeks away. :thumbsup2

Love the report! Thanks!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm so pleased to WELCOME you. Thanks for joining in. :goodvibes

HAVIN' A WILD (CHRISTMAS) TIME; BY LAND AND BY... LAGOON?
Day 5 – December 7, 2013 Part 4

I had just left Animal Kingdom and was on the bus to a brand new location for me, Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I had been dying to see this in person but just could never fit it in, so today provided the perfect opportunity.
I had the Illuminations Cruise on the horizon, but also some time to fill in the mean time.

I got a SUPER unexpected surprise on the brief trip over, as our bus driver announced over the bus PA system a great big,

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!”

Disney Difference! ‘Nuff said.

The bus deposited me at the terminal of Kidani Village,
And I immediately took note of the tv screen detailing the approximate arrival time of the next buses.
I wish this was available everywhere, but it was a nice “deluxe” touch.

95.jpg

The view from the outside of Kidani was quite lovely,

96.jpg

But I was eager to get inside, so that I could apparently look outside from the inside.

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

The safari may be fun and quite authentic, but there is just nothing like seeing these awesome animals right out in the open at your leisure,
Especially when one of said animals is giraffes.

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

Look at the little baby zebra…

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

While I enjoyed my brief look at Kidani, what I really wanted to see was Jambo House, so I took to walking.
It was actually a bit more of a walk than I had expected, partly because I was unfamiliar with the area,

And party because it’s a LONG A** walk!!

The walk was so worth it though when I finally arrived…

107.jpg

… And walked into the magnificent lobby.

108.jpg

109.jpg

It does remind me a bit of the Wilderness Lodge, but it definitely has character all its own.

110.jpg

Plus it has something Wilderness Lodge does NOT have.

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

After my amazing, albeit brief tour around AKL, I was just about to head back to the bus stop, when something I never ever expected happened…

I heard my name.

… and then was approached by a gentleman who asked if I was Rob on DISboards.

I sincerely could not have felt more excited and privileged to actually be randomly recognized as a result of writing a TR.
Of course in all my excitement, I completely failed to write down a name or anything, so if you are out there reading, please let me know!!

We chatted for a bit, and then I was on my way.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Day 5 – December 7, 2013 Part 4 Continued

After leaving Animal Kingdom Lodge and taking the bus back to my car at Animal Kingdom, I had to decide where to head to next.

Tonight was cruise night, but I was undecided as to where I would park.
I could park at Epcot and walk through the Gateway, I could park at the Studios and boat/walk down to the Marina,
Or I could park at one of the resorts, but I really don’t like to park at the resorts if I’m not actually going there.

Ultimately, I decided to park at the Studios, since I figured it would be easier to get to later that night.

120.jpg

Basically, I wouldn’t have to enter a park to get back to the car.
This would be advice I should have learned from later on in the trip, but I digress.

After parking, I decided to do something else new to me, and that was to take a Friendship boat over the Boardwalk area of Epcot.
I made my way to the boat dock, where a boat was just unloading a group.
AWESOME timing yet again…

… Except they then made an announcement that this particular boat was going out of service, but another boat would be along shortly.

But really, no biggie, as I had a nice conversation with the family beside me which helped kill the time waiting for the next boat.
I “may” have bragged about my upcoming cruise, but I can’t recall for sure.

Eventually it did arrive and we were loaded and on the way.

121.jpg

122.jpg

Honestly, the ride went by so quickly that I really didn’t want to get off as I was enjoying conversing with that lovely family.
But, I decided to get off at the Yacht/Beach Club dock as this was where I needed to be later.

So I just decided to walk around Crescent Lake and take in the beautiful sites of the Epcot resorts.

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

I was getting pretty hungry, so I decided I wanted to try the famous Beaches and Cream.

127.jpg

128.jpg

Unfortunately, many others also wanted to try the famous Beaches and Cream, and I just did not feel like waiting.
So I headed back out, taking some photos on the way.

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

Still on the hunt for food, I was about to relent and just grab something quick on the Boardwalk when my decision was made as I came across,

134.jpg

I had the Angus burger and fries, and it was SPECTACULAR!! Seriously, this was one of the best burgers I’ve ever had.
You generally never hear me talk about food all that much in my reports (other than Disney nugs),
So when I actually take a moment to point out something, it really means it struck a chord.

After dinner I made a photographic note of the upcoming meeting place,

135.jpg

And, still having some time to kill, continued on my walkabout.

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

The entertainment on the Boardwalk was really enjoyable… and distracting… as it got dangerously close to meeting time before I knew it.

So I booked it back towards the Marina post haste.

Passing Jelly Rolls, I saw the DISboards own Corey Martin coming out, but I was late so I had to continue on.

As I was nearing the Marina, I quickly realized one other thing…
I needed the washroom as I knew there was no way I’d last though the entire cruise otherwise,
And I was fairly confident that facilities were not part of the Illuminations cruise ship.

So I headed off into the Yacht Club in search of the said facilities which are not as easy to locate as you’d think.

Amusingly, just as I approached the washrooms, I ran into, almost literally,
The very crew I was meeting who were just finishing up their Yachtsmen dinner.
I’m not sure what it was about this day and my apparent unconscious desire to cause Emily injury.

But, phew, not late after all… Although I did start to feel a bit underdressed, as everyone looked absolutely stunning.

I took care of business and caught up to the crew just before they arrived at the Marina.

The long awaited and highly anticipated Illuminations Cruise was finally here.

TO BE CONTINUED…

This is such an old response by now but I totally want to try to see all 3 nighttime shows in one night too! Not sure if January will be a good time to try it though as it will be my sister's first trip since she was little and I don't know if I want to kill her with my Disney craziness :rolleyes1

Yay for a non-WDW dismeet! :cool1:

Oh gosh-- I LOVE those shots of AoA from Pop! It is such a stunning landscape! I really loved that we were so close to it and could see it from so close to our room in September!

Rob, I love that part of WDW too. Being from NYC, talking to strangers is one of those things you don't do. And the ones that do try to talk to you are usually crazy or up to something, you know? But in WDW it's nice to feel like I don't always have to be wary of the people around me and you actually get to enjoy talking to other people! We had so many lovely conversations and I be-friended so many young children (who probably thought I was about their age! :lmao:) in September, it was lovely!

“Tonight’s party is sold out, but if you’d like to find out what you’ll be missing, stop by City Hall or call this number. We’ll be happy to rub it in.”

:lmao::lmao: That made me giggle!

Omg I love the christmas decorations. I need to be back in WDW, like...now.

The parade taping looks like a madhouse yikes!

Ah BOG is stunning and the Christmas tree just makes it so much better! The little girl sounds adorable!

How cool that you saw Ne-yo performing!

I'm still bitter about the Jungle (or Jingle I suppose) Cruise being closed in September! I missed my fill of corny jokes!

Omg that line for BTMRR is ridiculous! Although, I suppose it was made worse by Splash being down? :eek: And yeah, that really does happen way too often.

:rotfl2: I'm dying with laughter at your splash substitute and the thought of you taking the pictures! Especially cause it's something I would do! hahaha

Wow that mickey in the kid's head is awesome! A+ cool parents!

I like your logic about the second christmas party. It's similar to the logic I used to convince Chris we HAD to do 2 MNSSHPs. I mean, we were already gonna be down there and we didn't know when we'd be back in September again and we had vetoed the idea of HHN cause it was too expensive so MNSSHP was cheaper so we had to go! Is that not how everyone rationalizes?

I love the Pooh gang! And all 4 of them together are so adorable!

OMG I NEED TO SEE THE FROZEN SECTION OF CELEBRATE THE MAGIC LIKE NOW. Seriously, I love Celebrate the Magic and I'm obsessed with frozen so it's only right.

Ah love the picture with the country bears! I didn't realize they were meeting at MVMCP! So cool!

Good call on stopping to see Mickey and Minnie! They look so cute in their Christmas gear.

Yeah that yeti palace hotel sign? I overheard two women who really thought it was opening!

OMG you got to meet Thumper! So jealous!

PS you totally updated while I was catching up! Thanks for knowing I was catching up and coordinating that!

I'm slightly obsessed with AKL. Like, it's completely amazing. I wish I could live there.

Can't wait to hear about the Illuminations cruise! They sound amazing!

I'm curious to read about your thoughts on the Illuminations Cruise. Love the resort hopping! I like to squeeze some of that in, too!

I can't wait to read all about your cruise. So cool that you arranged this with Emily & Brenda! That's so special.

So - ummm - I am one of those people who LOVES to park at the Beach club even when I am not staying there. I don't know what it is, but I just love the convenience of that parking lot and will think of any excuse imaginable to park there. It was actually nice to be staying there in Feb so I was officially legit! :thumbsup2

Your night night shots are really so pretty. Just the right amount of light. The Christmas tree at HS is beautiful.

So fun that the bus driver wished you a Happy Birthday.

Isn't the AKL beautiful. I love it there and I agree that there is something much more special about the viewing than animals there as opposed to on Safari. We saw that baby giraffe when we stayed there in October.

Nothing better than having your bday announced on a Disney bus!

I love those bus times at the Deluxes!!

Great pictures of the giraffes!

I love the fries from Hurricane Hannah's! I can't have the ones from Beaches and Cream so they bring over the ones from Hurricane Hannah's when I eat there.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!

I'm woefully far behind, and I'm sorry. I have been reading!

I can't wait to hear about the cruise. It's something I'm considering for our next year's trip for MiL's 60th birthday.

Isn't the BW area lovely? I love strolling there!

Really??? AKL has the bus times posted now.....:cool1: That shall come in handy in August!

Your pics of the BW are so nice! I love Disney at night, it's such a different feel and a great feeling at that!

I cannot wait to hear all about your cruisepopcorn::

Your photos are fantastic!

I love AKL. I've stayed there twice and it is by far my favourite. To wake up and sit on the balcony watching the giraffes and zebras walking past while you sip your coffee - it's just magic. Plus I love the restaurants there (I am a huge fan of Sanaa, and Jiko and Boma also rate very high in my books!).

I love the contrast between AKL and the Boardwalk area - so different, and yet just a short bus ride apart!

Looking forward to reading about the cruise!

TP

sounds like a fairly relaxing time of just soaking in some Disney goodness - though definitely have been there where you go from having extra time and next thing you know the time has run out/is running short

Glad you met your next DISmeet crew with no problem - even if Em almost got hurt again :rotfl:

OH AKL :love: That will always hold a special place in my heart as it was where we stayed on our "last" vacation as a family of 4 before our youngest came along. It's the perfect resort to just hang back and soak in the atmosphere. I'm so glad you were able to finally visit!

I've never done the walk from Kidani to Jambo and after hearing you say it was pretty far, I'm glad we didn't tempt it with the kids last year! Phew!

Awesome pictures of the Boardwalk area at night! I'm sorry Beaches & Cream was packed, but hey, that just means you have to go back to Disney World so you can eat there! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the cruise! Woo!

I can't wait to see AKL! It's on my list of hotels to visit next trip, and I AM doing it! Not letting that one slip by at all this time. I have been wanting to see it for a while. Your pictures just totally confirmed that!

And I like your BW pictures at night. I've never been at night, and I only went once, nothing was happening as it was either early afternoon or possibly morning! So looks like I need to get back there too.

Can't wait to read about your Illuminations cruise!

Okay, I never knew how the dollar stacked up to the rupee. However, I do follow the Dollar to Euro conversion, and dang! Conversion was bad on that day! :rotfl2:

Wow, Disney is really slacking. They accomplished absolutely nothing with construction over those few hours. :lmao:

An additional DISmeet, nice!

Woah, first magic shot ever?! You do indeed take your magic shots seriously though. Haha!

AKL is one of my favorite places to just hang out and chill. So absolutely beautiful.

Awesome that you were recognized!

Cliffhanger?! I was reading and thinking YAY ILLUMINATION'S CRUISE, and then you stopped. Evil you are. :laughing:

My honest opinion on the whole Avatar thing... I think it's going to be mind blowing. I'll just ignore the fact that it's Avatar and pretend it's just a really cool looking area, lol. I am with you on the Star Wars front though. They need to get on that ASAP.

That's probably the best way of looking at it... so I'll buy in. What I really, really need is a Star Wars place to escape to and I think Buffalo would be the perfect spot for that. In the winter they can pretend we're on Hoth and in the summer... Tatooine. Or something like that.

How awesome that you got a "happy birthday" shout out! Yay Disney!!! :goodvibes

Are those sand castle pictures real sand? Those are amazing!

I love all your night-time pictures with the lights reflecting in the water. Water reflections is probably my favorite photography "technique"... for lack of a better word. I just love the effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter