"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Oops! You updated while I was typing...

I'm with you, the Jammin' Jungle Parade is not my absolute favorite. I will watch it this next trip with my niece (maybe) but I've only ever watched it once. It's not like FOTLK that I have to see each trip.

Magic shots are so fun! I love getting into them too, but it's no fun to hurt someone. I'm glad Em was okay. My friend doesn't always quite get into them and it's not fun.

I am super amused by the tiny park exit signs too. I mean, they're really trying to not lead you out ;)

As I said in Marie's TR I am really worried about those trees! They need to be relocated because they're super beautiful. Like, really. I will find a place myself if I have to.

Thumper! (Confession: I don't like Bambi :/)

And I'm glad that the parade doesn't end until after our trip. With FOTLK down while we're there, I do at least want to give people a parade ;)

Yaaay for Dismeets!

But geez Rob, no need to hurt people in your first Magic Shot. I know it's exciting, but it's just rude to hurt people. Honestly :P

Ahhh THUMPER!!! My 3 year old LOVES Thumper! You are so lucky!

I'm really bummed that I will be missing FOTLK this trip. :( But, I agree that I don't understand the whole FP+ for shows thing. Doesn't make much sense to me. :confused3

Yay for another DisMeet!

LOL Way to go above and beyond to "protect" Emily! I'm sure a hurt shoulder is preferable to flying away.

You are absolutely correct when you say that I would love Christmastime @ Disney, and that's pretty impressive considering we've never met! I ADORE Christmas. I very kindly remind everyone how many more months we have to go on the 25th of every... single... month. They hate it :rotfl2:

Those Christmas trees!!! *sigh* I love them!!! Especially the Minnie-themed one! And you got to meet Thumper!! I don't think I've ever seen a pic of him.

Please pay no attention to the CM and Chip on the other side of the following photo.
I realize it doesn’t look so family friendly, but I assure it was just a small wardrobe malfunction, and at least Dale was doing his level best to distract.
Of course now that I've mentioned it, it's ALL you're going to notice.

Oh my goodness. I have tears in my eyes. Mainly because you're correct... I never would have noticed. Wow. :rotfl: Between this and the pants-less Adam, I'm not entirely sure this is the appropriate direction for Disney to be headed in.

It's Disney... What could possibly induce that amount of sheer surprise and utter terror???

On the other hand, I'm not convinced THIS is the direction they should be headed in, either! You like what I did there? LOL. *groan* I am SO not excited by this at all. I'm willing to admit that the concept art I saw was very, very cool. But I can't even muster up an ounce of excitement. Not when there is so much that could be done with Star Wars. Oh well.

The balloon magic shot is sweet though! There are a lot more of them than I realized. Someone else posted one over by Crystal Palace holding Prince Naveen in frog form... first time I'd seen that one, too!

Between your EE ride photo and Chip and the Cm, thanks for the laugh out loud trip report! Much appreciated!

GASP!!!! That is NOT how my munks behave,do you think perhaps they saw me with my Jack? Oh boy!!!
I love that shot,although glad she's ok. I love the pic of you with De vine too! and Thumper awe when Ry was a baby I used to call her my lil thumper because whenever she got excited her little feet would move like crazy. I'm gonna have to steal that pic n print it out for her,if you're okay with that

Great trip report as usual. Love the pic of you and Thumper. You don't see Thumper very often. Great Dismeets too.

Ok, gotta admit, I now have visions of un-family friendly munk activities in my mind. I didn't even notice that little scene going on.

Backing up....

I didn't know Thumper meets guests! Love the ghetto pose since he is your homie! Can I say this is cute or will that spoil the tough guy image? :laughing:

I'm so bummed that we didn't make it to FotLK one last time. As you know we had coordinated FP+ but our lunch ran longer than anticipated so it was time for the parade. Your photos capture some of that magic. I look forward to the re-open but man, I sure wish I had seen it this last time in the old theater.

Yeah, if we'd known to simply go clockwise we'd have been set for our parade spots. Oh well, at last we had a good spot for you to apparently witness that odd chipmunk wardrobe malfunction. (I must not have paid attention and seen that.)

Your Avatar Magic Shot. :rotfl2: Yep, that pretty much would have been my reaction so it is true to life.

I'm glad you were all in for that balloon magic shot. It's probably not appropriate that I have a cheesy smile while Em could be in danger of floating away. Apparently I didn't put the effort into saving her that you did. Great job!!

I'm looking forward to reading about the evening festivities since that really was a highlight of our trip as well. :goodvibes

Nice Pooh pics. LOL
I think we saw only a handful of the glow ears.
Nice pics of Merry Wishes.
Nice bear pics. Best interaction of my trip was with them.
Nice parade pics.
Nice pics of Main Street. Really nice from the train station.
We were in Epcot this day you were in AK.
LOL. The cheetah pic.
We skipped Goofy & Pluto. The line was way too long. Nice pic.
They need to speed up the FOTLK building. Unacceptable how little was done from when you saw it earlier. LOL.
We have that pet peeve in common. Move all the way down people. LOL.
Oh my god! The Chip pic is hysterical.
LOL. Love the Na’vi pic.
I am caught up again.

"We were in the parade before the parade was in the parade" .... Wow, that's deep - or perhaps just keeping the vague Matrix connection to the trip report going. Plus it looks like Disney is asking us "what if there is no parade?"

Yeah for DISmeet! I bet there is a thread somewhere about Magic Shot injuries. Hmmm maybe threatening suing is how they got access to Cinderella's suite ;)

The "FP+ for thing that don't really need it just so we have things for people to pick" is definitely one of the bad parts of FP+ - especially when it makes the overall queue less efficient.

Ok, enough for now, excuse me while I try to find the time exit sign from this thread.

Can't go wrong with a viewing of FotLK, even though you probably didn't need a FP to get in. :rotfl2:

Oh, cool! A DISmeet for a parade viewing. That sounds like it was a lot of fun.
It's sad that the parade is ending, but hopefully Disney will create something even better.:confused3

I couldn't help but laugh at the people behind you all in the group shot. They looked so mad that the CM was taking the picture. :rotfl:

Oh dear, that's a thought I never dreamed of associating with chipmunks. :lmao::rotfl:

Oooh, an Illuminations Cruise. Now that sounds like a great update. popcorn::
(Not that all of your updates aren't great. I guess I should have said I look forward to reading about that experience. You get what I'm saying, hopefully.)

I sincerely hope they find another place for those Christmas trees this year now that Camp Minnie-Mickey is no more. They are a really great holiday touch, and the backs of the parks are already so sparsely decorated as it is. It would be a shame if they got rid of them!

Cute photo with Thumper! I am kicking myself for not getting a photo that time we saw him out with Ms. Bunny. :sad2:

LOVE Festival of the Lion King! Best stage show in WDW.

So cool that you were able to watch the parade with a group of DISers! How fun! And great photos of the parade. Even though we didn't see it on our most recent trip, I'm glad we made an effort to see it on a previous trip so I could say I saw it at least once before they took it away.

Cute magic shot photos!!

Mom and I really enjoyed looking at those trees when we went in 2012. It was fun trying to figure out what tree belonged to which character. Of course my favorite was the Pluto tree. ::yes:: They better move those trees somewhere else this year!

Cute picture with Thumper. I know you could find him occasionally back at Camp Mickey and Minnie but I don't think he meets any more since that area is now closed.

So sad to see the FOLK shows. I LOVE that show and missed it a lot in February. They better not change it, that's all I have to say!

I have never seen the AK parade and now it's looking like I never will as I don't think we will make it to AK at all in May. :sad1:

This is my very first post as I have recently joined... yes I have been a stalker for a while :)... But I just had to say...that I am loving your trip reports!!! Totally hooked and waiting for the next update :thumbsup2

So loving your report!

I actually have a soft spot for the Jammin' Jungle Parade but it's because of my kids. Our first family trip in 2002 just included my oldest two sons as my youngest wouldn't come along for another year. But they were 4 and 2 years old at the time and they were jammin' to the music from that parade. It was adorable! So I'm going to miss it this summer but I probably couldn't get them to dance anyway now that they are 16, 14 and 11. HaHa!

Thanks for sharing your fun times!

Love the pic of thumper.. That's one of my fav movies: " If you don't have nuttin' nice to say.. Don't say nuffin at all... :))

I've never seen the Jingle Jungle parade! Just because we are normally done with AK by early afternoon...

Maybe those small signs explain why I always seem to get turned around trying to get out of the AK, after all the times I've been there I still get confused haha.

Thumper! I'm so jealous! He's so adorable.

Great pictures of the parade, yours came out much better than the ones I took. And glad you got a chance to meet up with Brenda and Em, looks like fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter