Enchanté On The Wish Should Be EMBARRASSED

Nothing makes me wanna ignore and skip a bloggers review that putting all CAPS on a particular word to get attention, and using a weird photo of themselves to prove a point. Don't trust any of them for anything.
The absolute worst. The sad fact is clickbaity thumbnails like this actually work, they get way more views than a straightforward non BS one. But yeah I generally don’t like the content from people who do this, so I’ll pass.

I remember our first disney cruises they charged for soft drinks in the dining rooms. It changed though as complaints came in. I just remember it from the wonder back in 99. My parents made me pay for my coke back then and i still get teased about it. I know it changed on our second cruise in 02 on the magic. This seems they are going back to upcharges.

Last edited:
Everyone chooses how to spend their money differently. But even if he reported the food as being “awesome” I still wouldn’t spend That much money on a single meal from Disney. This just proves that Disney is an expert in getting people to spend money thinking they’re getting the best at a certain price level when in reality it’s the opposite. I like to call this Disney fine dining at a surcharge,
And Remy/Enchante dinner at $125 plus 18% grat is now a really expensive surcharge and IMO not worth the cost anymore. I could eat at an actual Michelin star restaurant on land for a similar cost or less, and the last one I went to blew Remy out of the water.

I remenber our first disney cruises they charged for soft drinks in the dining rooms. It changed though as complaints vame in. I just remember it from the wondrr back in 99. My parents made me pay for my coke back then and i still get teased about it. I know it changed on our second cruise in 02 on the magic. This seems they are going back to upcharges.
If I remember correctly, there wasn't a beverage station either.

I tried to watch that Theme Park Express video but I couldn't get through it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - and I am not taking anything away from what they felt - but some of it just came across as they had never eaten in a restaurant curated by a 3 star Michelin chef in relation to the style of service. Food is food and if they didn't like the food - that's fine.

Just curious, at Remy on the other Disney ships, does it include fountain drinks for their pre fix menu?

I tried to watch that Theme Park Express video but I couldn't get through it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - and I am not taking anything away from what they felt - but some of it just came across as they had never eaten in a restaurant curated by a 3 star Michelin chef in relation to the style of service. Food is food and if they didn't like the food - that's fine.
I watched only half of the theme park express video so far but my initial thought was that the guy is probably not used to that sort of fancy restaurant, and that kind of food is probably not what he's used to. I thought it was unfortunate that the server kept suggesting alcohol when they were clearly not interested. I agree that it does sound like they'd never been to a restaurant like that before, but I will also say that it might be nice if the staff had recognized that and if the restaurant itself tried to be a bit more accessible. For example, they could ask if you have eaten at a place that offers a tasting menu before; this might be an opening for the staff to explain that the dishes are smaller and that they will get courses such as X, Y, Z. Or, the staff could ask if you would like anything explained on the menu.

Re: clickbait type videos; I think it's silly to avoid them on the basis that due to the clickbait, the vlogger must have nothing much of utility to offer. Usually, to me at least, it's just their way of trying to get views, but it doesn't mean the video itself is inherently bad. Non-clickbait videos can also be bad!

I thought the vlogger made it pretty clear that they knew going in it was outside of their comfort zone and that they hadn't done anything like that before. I think it was nice to have that perspective - and just as valid as the perspective of someone used to that level of service and that type of meal. Both types of customers are going to consider going to this restaurant.

I did wonder if they would have been charged for just a regular soda and if the fee was because he requested a 'mocktail'. I'm not going to take the side of the charge being appropriate, just wondering if they charged it because they had to go to the bar to get the grenadine??

I suppose the fact that there even was an option for the server to select Sprite with the accompanying charge makes it feel like that's standard, but maybe the server has some latitude and wouldn't select that for a plain old fountain drink. Or maybe Disney is just being greedy - not a stretch. ;)

Re: clickbait type videos; I think it's silly to avoid them on the basis that due to the clickbait, the vlogger must have nothing much of utility to offer. Usually, to me at least, it's just their way of trying to get views, but it doesn't mean the video itself is inherently bad. Non-clickbait videos can also be bad!
I agree. I don't like the clickbait titles, but understand that they are a necessary evil. If the title wasn't like that, you might not have the opportunity to click on the video, because it wouldn't have floated to the top of the algorithm... yours or the person that originally dropped it into this thread.

Videos are good or bad... that has little to do with how they are titled in my experience.

And Remy/Enchante dinner at $125 plus 18% grat is now a really expensive surcharge and IMO not worth the cost anymore. I could eat at an actual Michelin star restaurant on land for a similar cost or less, and the last one I went to blew Remy out of the water.
I'm with you. It used to be an upscale restaurant at a reasonable price, since you had already paid for the cruise. Now they want the same or more than a fantastic restaurant in a big city, but they don't even come close to the quality or service one would expect in comparison. Our experience at Reny wasn't much of a step up from the MDR food. I will just stick to the included food and save that cash for a night out when my meals aren't already paid for.

Last edited:
Without making any quality comparisons, I would just point out that the tasting menu at the Waterside Inn, Bray in the UK (three Michelin rosettes/Roux) is over £200 and Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester will set you back £450 plus. Arnaud Lallement's restaurant in France will charge you Euro 235 for a set menu very similar to that in Enchante (for example,tomato dish and squab pigeon) plus euro 135 for the wine pairing. All of these are three star Michelin establishments and that is what it costs! I also think the level of upcharge reflects how small the allowance is for each meal in the MDRs?

As for the charge for soda, it is common for soda fountain drinks to be free but in many bars/restaurants on cruise ships they use canned sodas and once they open one of those, they charge!

Finally, I note that I see many Americans very often drink cocktails with their meal or will drink soda, refusing wine. Without any judgment, I will only state that such an approach in a French restaurant (of pretty much any standard) would be regarded with horror however well the staff concealed it. That is just a cultural thing, sorry.

Now Arnaud Lallement is a three star Michelin chef so presumably that is what Disney is aiming at? The proposed price is not unreasonable, IF that standard is sustained. DIsney's success (or not) is for others to judge as I will not be travelling on the Wish any time soon: three and four night cruises are not for me.

Now Arnaud Lallement is a three star Michelin chef so presumably that is what Disney is aiming at? The proposed price is not unreasonable, IF that standard is sustained.
Well, it clearly isn't being sustained right now. But even in the best case, he's not on the ship supervising the kitchen and the restaurant isn't otherwise up to 3-star standards in terms of décor, atmosphere, etc.

Finally, I note that I see many Americans very often drink cocktails with their meal or will drink soda, refusing wine.
I'm so tired of these posts that lump all Americans into some category, as if we're all the same and the rest of the world is so different. Neither thing is true. Many people who refuse the wine don't drink alcohol or don't like wine. And those people exist in all cultures and there are plenty of them in France. If the staff doesn't like it, well, too bad. They exist to make us happy, not to make us drink wine.

Last edited:
Now Arnaud Lallement is a three star Michelin chef so presumably that is what Disney is aiming at? The proposed price is not unreasonable, IF that standard is sustained. DIsney's success (or not) is for others to judge as I will not be travelling on the Wish any time soon: three and four night cruises are not for me.
But the quality does not reflect 3 Michelin stars IMO. I have been to Alinea in Chicago and Remy is not even close to that. Granted, Alinea is more expensive. You can’t compare Remy/Enchante to a Michelin experience just because the chef has three stars. That would be like comparing most of Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants to his three star restaurant.

The restaurant I went to recently is The Pem in London. One star but really amazing and cheaper (and better food) than Remy.

Without making any quality comparisons, I would just point out that the tasting menu at the Waterside Inn, Bray in the UK (three Michelin rosettes/Roux) is over £200 and Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester will set you back £450 plus. Arnaud Lallement's restaurant in France will charge you Euro 235 for a set menu very similar to that in Enchante (for example,tomato dish and squab pigeon) plus euro 135 for the wine pairing. All of these are three star Michelin establishments and that is what it costs! I also think the level of upcharge reflects how small the allowance is for each meal in the MDRs?

As for the charge for soda, it is common for soda fountain drinks to be free but in many bars/restaurants on cruise ships they use canned sodas and once they open one of those, they charge!

Finally, I note that I see many Americans very often drink cocktails with their meal or will drink soda, refusing wine. Without any judgment, I will only state that such an approach in a French restaurant (of pretty much any standard) would be regarded with horror however well the staff concealed it. That is just a cultural thing, sorry.

The problem is you are comparing the price with restaurants on land, not as an up charge to a cruise that includes food you already paid for. If Waterside Inn or Alain Ducasse we’re on a cruise ship, the up charge price would be significantly less then what the restaurant price on land is. So even if the quality was as high as those restaurant, it’s still not priced correctly.

Nothing makes me wanna ignore and skip a bloggers review that putting all CAPS on a particular word to get attention, and using a weird photo of themselves to prove a point. Don't trust any of them for anything.
I agree it’s annoying and manipulative, but those thumbnails are not for us, who are already predisposed to watch these DCL videos. They are for the millions of people who normally might not watch the video, but will click out of curiosity if something catches their eye.

Everyone does goofy thumbnails on YouTube not because they like it or think they’re being clever. Everyone does it because it ostensibly works - the all-caps and the weird faces get attention and garner clicks. Clicks ultimately mean revenue.

Hate the game, not the player.

But the quality does not reflect 3 Michelin stars IMO. I have been to Alinea in Chicago and Remy is not even close to that. Granted, Alinea is more expensive. You can’t compare Remy/Enchante to a Michelin experience just because the chef has three stars. That would be like comparing most of Gordon Ramsey’s restaurants to his three star restaurant.

The restaurant I went to recently is The Pem in London. One star but really amazing and cheaper (and better food) than Remy.
I’ve been to (and very much enjoy) Michelin starred restaurants with tasting menus too, and the Remy brunch we had on the Fantasy was every bit as good or better than those restaurants—for only $75 while land tasting menus are often $200. I still can’t stop thinking about the scallop mousse. We felt even with food otherwise being included on the cruise, that upcharge was an absolute steal. Champagne pairings were only $40 per person on the Fantasy, and we also felt that was a very good value.

Now having seen Pete’s review and what he was served, it looks like Enchante brunch is a huge step down from Remy. Knowing Disney cruise line I expect that will be remedied to a certain degree (even in Pete’s menu, you can see the manager explaining how disappointed he is in their meal service and acknowledging it was not up to standard). But it also sounds like they may have been under pressure to cheapen the menu due to inflation/cost cutting (e.g. we had a caviar dish for our first course at Remy with an amuse bouche of iberico ham pata negra; Enchante served a tomato puff pastry). That is not something the restaurant itself can fix. I hope dinner reviews are better.

To OP’s point, on the charge for soda, I believe it was the same on Remy—I recall being served a soft drink in a small bottle, like in Europe, rather than a fountain. I didn’t mind—I think it is to be expected whenever you are in an upcharge venue that you have effectively opted out of the all inclusive model. If you not buying wine, you are likely not meeting their break even cost for the meal so it makes sense they would charge for soda.

I’ve been to (and very much enjoy) Michelin starred restaurants with tasting menus too, and the Remy brunch we had on the Fantasy was every bit as good or better than those restaurants—for only $75 while land tasting menus are often $200. I still can’t stop thinking about the scallop mousse. We felt even with food otherwise being included on the cruise, that upcharge was an absolute steal. Champagne pairings were only $40 per person on the Fantasy, and we also felt that was a very good value.
I actually thought the brunch was pretty good value and honestly that is a huge step up from most other things you can get on board for lunch - I did it in December on the Dream. It was dinner (on the Fantasy in June) that I didn’t think was worth the cost now it’s $125 plus 18% auto grat PLUS anything that you want to specially tip your server as the 18% goes to the whole team.

The cheese course was truly excellent as always though.

If you did this would you also do the Champagne tasting? Which do you think is the better value? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter