Emerald Island, Sunset Lakes, or Windsor Hills?

emmsmama

Mouseketeer
I am looking at three different rental properties, all similar in price (within $10-$15 of each other):

House in EIR - very nice but the pool in back backs onto a house so I'm wondering how much privacy there will be with back-to-back pools. How close are they really as it is hard to tell from a pic.

House in Sunset Lakes - beautiful lake view, balcony, private pool, but am wondering how much the kids would like it

Condo in Windsor Hills - obviously not as roomy as a house would be, but the community pool and playground look really fun for my kids (though ds will be 6 at the time of travel and will likely be too short for the slide so he might be upset that big sis can go on the cool slide during our stay and he can't so this might actually be a minus)

The Condo is through Florida Sun Vacation Homes which I have only heard good things about, the houses are private through the owner, but everything seems on the up and up.

So which would you choose based on the house/condo details and the resort location? I know they are all close to WDW, but they all have different features. EIR apparently has a nature walk which I think I'd really like. EIR and SLR both have kids playgrounds and community pools, but they don't seem as cool as the playground and pool areas at WH. The SLR house has a beautiful lake view and balcony which I think will be lovely, but I'm not sure of the setup there (construction? good playground area? nice pool?).

I'd welcome any input especially from those who have stayed at one or more of the above resorts thanks!!

I've stayed at WH 3 times and yes it is very nice. The last time I had young grandkids with me and they loved the castle playground. There's also a couple more playground areas throughout the subdivision although not as elaborate as the castle one. Although the condos are close to the main pool, they are not close to the playground. That is up in the pool home section, probably a 10 min walk from the condos. Or you can drive and park along the street.
The grandkids liked the pool at the 6 bedroom home we stayed at more than the main pool, mostly because it was warmer than the main pool. Children have to be 48 inches to go on the water slide. The zero entry area of the main pool is nice for younger kids that like to wade in. There's a fountain splash area also.
Have you thought about renting a townhouse instead of a condo? They have their own splash pool which is nice when you don't have a lot of time and just want a quick dip. The townhouse section would be closer to the playground and some are only a couple of minutes from the main pool, the furtherest ones are only a 5 min walk. Being able to let the kids have a quick swim after a day at the parks without having to haul everything over to the main pool is a plus. You can also swim or sit out there when the kids are in bed.
Good luck with your decision. :)

Sunset Lakes homes are all large in size and well built. The playground is small with swings and climbing frame, and the communal pool is very quiet. My children prefer having their own pool, any they also enjoyed fishing in the lake, and the views are fab, especially at sunset. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter