Emed vs Navica - what's the difference?

MeDisney

Earning My Ears
Can you please explain how to use the tests from Emed?

I bought tests from Emed.
I already set up an account on Emed and an account on the Navica app.

When I test overseas before home entry, which do I use for testing verification: Emed website or Navica app?
I am confused by the Emed website refering to a Navica pass.
What does this mean and how does this happen?

I just used Emed to return from an overseas trip this past weekend. Navica is basically an app that will generate a QR code that some entities use to verify your test results. This is not needed for return airline travel. When you scan the QR code to start your testing, it will also ask if you want to sign in to Navica to share the test results there. After you take the test, Emed will almost immediately email you your test results and this is what you will show to the airline. Shortly after that, the test results also showed up in my Navica app with the QR code that can be scanned for verification.

Remember you can test 1 day (not 24 hours) prior to your flight home. If you have an overseas connection (as we did in Doha) it is one day prior to your FIRST flight or you can test during your connection.

eMed is who proctors the exam (you go through their website to be connected to someone who 'watches' you take the test. Navica is the app through which your results are delivered (as others noted, you also get an email from eMed but if you need a QR code to scan somewhere that'll be through the Navica app). The Navica pass will be that QR code you get with a (hopefully) negative result.

Just used emed for flight home from Barcelona yesterday for our family of 3. I signed up for Navica after creating an account but the only thing I needed to show was document of negative test for each of us which I received from eMed minutes after testing. Very easy process and they will walk you through each step.

Can someone confirm if they were able to use their iPad/iPhone with the eMed website to complete the proctored test? I was not able to connect using my iPad back in November 2021, but it worked on a laptop. The Navica app didn't work for me either.

Where do you guys actually get the tests? I live in a Germany and have a trip planned back st home soon and might look into getting some. As later in the year we are sailing and need to bring it back with fir that trip. Can somebody give me the name of these tests and maybe they even sell them here in Germany

Can someone confirm if they were able to use their iPad/iPhone with the eMed website to complete the proctored test? I was not able to connect using my iPad back in November 2021, but it worked on a laptop. The Navica app didn't work for me either.
Used my iPhone for ours without a problem this past Saturday.

Where do you guys actually get the tests? I live in a Germany and have a trip planned back st home soon and might look into getting some. As later in the year we are sailing and need to bring it back with fir that trip. Can somebody give me the name of these tests and maybe they even sell them here in Germany
This is where we bought our travel tests.https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

This is where we bought our travel tests.https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/
Thanks! The 69.99 for a two pack. Dies that mean 2 people can get an official test or is that one proctor service but 2 tests in case one doesnt work or something.

Thanks! The 69.99 for a two pack. Dies that mean 2 people can get an official test or is that one proctor service but 2 tests in case one doesnt work or something.
They “recommend” 2 per person but we got 2 2 packs for the 3 of us.

They also sell six packs. It is recommended to have at least 2 tests per person in case one has an issue (someone has reported an empty vial).
We had ordered a set of 6 tests and one was missing the liquid vial. Problem is, you aren't allowed to open a box until instructed to do so during the video call, so we didn't know until then. Thank goodness we had extras! We were sailing on the Wonder (San Diego to Vancouver), testing to fly back to the U.S. the next day. They immediately processes a replacement box to be sent to our home.

I ordered a set of 6 tests in my name, but anyone could use them. Just be sure each person has set up their own account on eMed prior to testing. So far, DH and I have used 2 of the tests in Canada and 2 in Barcelona. We have 2 left for a future cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter