Email for our next reservation-100 days

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We just got an Email, the usual "We can't wait to welcome you home...." for our next trip. But I'm really puzzled-the trip itself is in 100 days. I made this reservation months ago. So why send me this now? Did something happen? I frantically checked-everything is the same as when we initially got the Email. So What I'm trying to figure out is what happens at 100 days that might have made them send me a reminder Email. Am I supposed to do something now? There are so many things in planning a trip-I don't want to forget anything!

Is it from DVC or Disney. I get them from Disney about upcoming trips at random times to say we can’t wait for you to come.

It is likely just the email that used to be sent immediately after you made a reservation, but these days is often a "little" delayed like everything else with DVC. Look at this way in a favorable light: at least the time required for DVC to answer the phone is still somewhat less than a month.

It’s probably just a standard email that all guests get at 100 days out. If I recall correctly, it includes info about downloading MDE, when you can make dining reservations, and a reminder to make park pass reservations. Just a form email reminding people the next steps in the planning process.

My husband and I chuckled at the email we recently received at 58 days out saying it was time to make our dining reservations… as if we hadn’t done that at 6:00 AM two days prior!

Yesterday I went through the "modify but don't change a thing" routine in order to see where the points came from for our January trip, and a couple of hours later I got a "We can't wait to welcome you home!" email, as if I had made a new booking. I figured it was just an automated process.

It is likely just the email that used to be sent immediately after you made a reservation, but these days is often a "little" delayed like everything else with DVC. Look at this way in a favorable light: at least the time required for DVC to answer the phone is still somewhat less than a month.

That's kind of what I figured. I had initially made 3 separate reservations, then about a month ago I Emailed to have them merge everything. MS sent me an Email a few days later that they had, so maybe this was just some delayed confirmation Email.

That's kind of what I figured. I had initially made 3 separate reservations, then about a month ago I Emailed to have them merge everything. MS sent me an Email a few days later that they had, so maybe this was just some delayed confirmation Email.
What do you mean when you say your merged everything? I have a family reunion type trip coming up in December where I made 4 separate reservations at Poly. I put in the request to have the rooms close to each other and got the standard “we will try but nothing is guaranteed” response back. I didn’t realize merging the reservations to get them together might be an option

What do you mean when you say your merged everything? I have a family reunion type trip coming up in December where I made 4 separate reservations at Poly. I put in the request to have the rooms close to each other and got the standard “we will try but nothing is guaranteed” response back. I didn’t realize merging the reservations to get them together might be an option
I think they meant 3 separate reservations for one room across a single time period and not 3 villas. If multiple villas, there's no way to "merge" the reservations. Using the "traveling with" notation is the best you can do to hope to get villas close to each other.

I think they meant 3 separate reservations for one room across a single time period and not 3 villas. If multiple villas, there's no way to "merge" the reservations. Using the "traveling with" notation is the best you can do to hope to get villas close to each other.
Ahh…that makes sense. Thanks

We just got an Email, the usual "We can't wait to welcome you home...." for our next trip. But I'm really puzzled-the trip itself is in 100 days. I made this reservation months ago. So why send me this now? Did something happen? I frantically checked-everything is the same as when we initially got the Email. So What I'm trying to figure out is what happens at 100 days that might have made them send me a reminder Email. Am I supposed to do something now? There are so many things in planning a trip-I don't want to forget anything!
I get those when a waitlist request comes through, its the only "notification" I have recieved concerning my waitlists

I chatted with MS on the DVC website today to put in a location request for our January visit, and a few minutes later I got one - our third for this reservation! I guess that confirms they noted my request on our reservation, and that any change whatsoever to a reservation triggers one of these emails to be sent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!