• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Email Address for DVC Exec Bill Diercksen? No APs for DVC Letter needs to be sent...

Duffy Lover

What?!?!? No!
Hi, team! My family and I are deep in the planning stages for multiple trips next year and I am alarmed that annual passes are still not available for DVC members. I'd like to voice my displeasure to the right person and I was thinking I'd go right to the top. Bill Diercksen is the top DVC exec at the moment, yes? Anyone have an email address for this gentleman?

Any other ideas in terms of where/how to voice my displeasure?

TIA!

While you can send him your thoughts, DVC is not in charge or control of the AP program. It is run by DPEP and they are the division that makes the decisions.

I would reach out to Josh D’Amaro, he is the chairman of the division.

I reached out about this and got no response.
I reached out, asked for the status of the return of APs. Mentioned a resort only AP. Got a stock response:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding Annual Pass Sales still not resuming. It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Hi, team! My family and I are deep in the planning stages for multiple trips next year and I am alarmed that annual passes are still not available for DVC members. I'd like to voice my displeasure to the right person and I was thinking I'd go right to the top. Bill Diercksen is the top DVC exec at the moment, yes? Anyone have an email address for this gentleman?

Any other ideas in terms of where/how to voice my displeasure?

TIA!
good luck, they over sold them when they came back in Sept. I think. like WAY oversold. many people will drop off in sept. I'd imagine, for various reasons, and stop going for the next couple seasons? Its jam packed right now, even low season is busy due to people being cooped up for so long I guess. We're going to use points for other travel for no, except maybe a one night stay- cation now and then.
( FYI, we talked to a couple who were leaving with family of 4 two days early because between genie, and high prices of food, they had run out of money! eating breakfast in room, lunch and dinner they were spending $130 a day as one kid was a toddler) and were sick of hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken nuggets!)

Sending a comment/concern to a corporation is always to make YOU feel better. Sure , send the comments, but realize WDW is aware of issue,

Dvc was NO POWER to make any demands on WDW.

I reached out, asked for the status of the return of APs. Mentioned a resort only AP. Got a stock response:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding Annual Pass Sales still not resuming. It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Ah the boilerplate response. I wonder how many comments the leadership team gets and how much time they actually have to read all of the comments. I'm sure some staff member gathers them all up and summarizes them to the leadership team and as with playing telephone, comments will get misunderstood.

The AP discount may get me to buy a direct contract though.

william.c.diercksen@disney.com

Can't hurt to send it to both of them. And it never hurts to express your point of view to those making the decisions. I'm interested to learn if you get a response.

Of course it never hurts, but if one really wants the person who oversees those decisions to know your thoughts, Josh is the one who should be included!

Plus, it’s DVD and not DVC who negotiates membership extras so I would include them.

good luck, they over sold them when they came back in Sept. I think. like WAY oversold. many people will drop off in sept. I'd imagine, for various reasons, and stop going for the next couple seasons? Its jam packed right now, even low season is busy due to people being cooped up for so long I guess. We're going to use points for other travel for no, except maybe a one night stay- cation now and then.
( FYI, we talked to a couple who were leaving with family of 4 two days early because between genie, and high prices of food, they had run out of money! eating breakfast in room, lunch and dinner they were spending $130 a day as one kid was a toddler) and were sick of hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken nuggets!)
Considering the fact that WDW has never that I am aware of ( I could be wrong and correct me if I am) since they started selling annual passes paused selling or oversold them. Disney paused them during the shutdown, then started selling them for a little bit. A lawsuit was filed then they stopped selling most of the passes. They still sell some, let’s get that out there, they just don’t sell the best bang for your buck ones.

Disney has amazing pass rates for people in Europe. Why not make a good one for DVC owners. Buy X amount of days and it is good for a year. The dated ticket has created issues. Why is a daily ticket so much cheaper at Tokyo Disneyland than WDW. They experience there blows WDW out of the water. Ohhh that is not owned by Disney.

Last edited:
I sent a few emails to guest services, actually got a call back. guest.services@disneyworld.com

The very nice guest services gentleman could only quote the party line….

he did spend a solid 45 minutes on the phone with me though.

Brogan
Services & Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort
407-939-3424

Here is his contact info, maybe if enough DVC members call in with a WTH, maybe the count will get high enough for Disney to care…..

Good Luck we are all counting on you!

Bob Chapek
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Robert.Chapek@disney.com

Robert Iger
robert.a.iger@disney.com

Josh D’Amaro
President of Walt Disney World

George Kalogridis
Former President of Walt Disney World
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Jim MacPhee
Senior Vice President of Next Generation Experiences and Walt Disney World Parks
407-560-2960
james.d.macphee@disney.com

Phil Holmes
Vice President of Hollywood Studios, Former Vice President of Magic Kingdom
Phil.M.Holmes@Disney.com

Sam Lau
Former Vice President of Epcot
407-560-7025
samuel.w.lau@disney.com

Jack Feivou
General Manager of Epcot Entertainment Operations
407-560-6017
jack.feivou@disney.com

Ah the boilerplate response. I wonder how many comments the leadership team gets and how much time they actually have to read all of the comments. I'm sure some staff member gathers them all up and summarizes them to the leadership team and as with playing telephone, comments will get misunderstood.

The AP discount may get me to buy a direct contract though.

And I truly believe if DVD could have negotiated something with DPEP to offer DVC owners some level of pass, we’d have it.

They simply don’t have that power when it comes to influencing another division in the larger TWDC, as much as some of us wish they did.

Even the fact that we haven’t been offered an alternative discount on tickets let’s you know how little power DVD holds.

It’s why buying direct should never be about the extras but rather those seems as an enhancement when there.

And I truly believe if DVD could have negotiated something with DPEP to offer DVC owners some level of pass, we’d have it.

They simply don’t have that power when it comes to influencing another division in the larger TWDC, as much as some of us wish they did.

Even the fact that we haven’t been offered an alternative discount on tickets let’s you know how little power DVD holds.

It’s why buying direct should never be about the extras but rather those seems as an enhancement when there.

I guess I never thought about it that way, it makes sense though as someone who works at a university that is broken up (managerially) by college. We can't tell another "college" what to do unless the president steps in and says you've got to do it. With the popularity of the parks right now I'm sure DPEP is not necessarily hurting for more revenue and as such doesn't have a huge incentive to negotiate with DVD. It would take DPEP to suffer a significant decline to find other ways to brining additional revenue to the unit and that's when they start being creative and looking to other units to stir business.

Not that I think it matters in this case, however, there is some limited effect with a President and or CEO getting 1000 or 100,000 emails from customers saying, you have done me wrong and I don’t want to do business with you anymore…..

Problem here is I Don’t think Chapek cares, and DVC members can’t just stop and use someone else.

Yes, you can sell your points, but the net result disney is in the same or better position….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter