Elf on the Shelf Antics?

LOL---everyone I know the elf is just there to watch the kids and report back to santa- they dont get into any mischief-first I ever heard of that was on these boards!

Thanks. It sounds like it could be fun (although a couple of the pranks mentioned sound really more like just making work for whoever cleans it up) but we already have a whole horde of stuffies who have Santa on speed dial. I'm afraid some poor elf would just get lost in the shuffle! At least the stuffies clean up their own messes.

Besides -- can YOU imagine Legolas, Elrond, or Galadriel making flour "snow angels" in your kitchen? ;)

This is one new tradition I don't get. I too have Facebook friends who love to post all of the trouble the elf gets in. To me, it looks like the elf makes a lot of messes to clean up.:confused3 I don't have kids. Maybe when I do I'll feel differently.

:thumbsup2

Yeah, to me traditions are passed from one generation to the next, not some marketing plow cooked up 7 years ago. :stir:

Just watched the Elf on the Shelf DVD recently. Very cute movie. Wish this was out when my kids were little. The only thought I have is why would the elf get into mischief if his purpose is to come down to visit the children so he could give a report to Santa? I wouldn't want my elf to get into mischief if I expected my kids to behave. I guess my elf would have been a boring one. But then again maybe I don't really understand the premise. I'll need to read the book too. :upsidedow

These elves sound more like leprechauns too me.

ITA. He is being bad to get the kids to be good?

Buddy hasn't arrived yet. Thankfully since I needed to get through Thanksgiving first. I am thinking he may arrive December 1 since he has advent calendars for the boys.

Things Buddy has done in the past that the boys still talk about

Buddy Peeing green into the toilet bowl

Underwear on the Christmas tree

Dressed up as Santa(cotton balls for beard)

I am out of ideas this year so I need to get ready before he visits. I am thinking something with Sugar Popems like snowman? for breakfast.

Oh and if they misbehave Buddy doesn't do anything that night. He has a "I need you to behave for me to come to life" schtick. that resulted from me forgetting to move him one night.

Elfika isn't here yet, but her friend will be joining her as soon as I dig her body our of hte Christmas stuff. They are going to atrt off by crepe papering the boys rooms "shut" so they have to break free to come out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter