Elf on the Shelf Antics?

bunkkinsmom

<font color=magenta>No 9, so it's all good<br><fon
Hi!

I figured it was about time to start the obligatory Elf on the Shelf thread for the year. Otto arrived today and the kids are already wondering what he'll be up to this year. Frankly, so am I...........

What mischief has your elf gotten in to?

I had to google this to find out what it was. (I'd been wondering for over a year.) What kind of antics can an elf whose only job is espionage get up to?

Otto likes to torment the dog. Like hiding his food, or putting his water dish up high.

There was a link on Pinterest with a whole boatload of fun things that peoples elves had gotten into. I can't wait to try some this year!

Last night our Elfred McGingersnap partied pretty hard with the Monster High girls and a bottle of syrup! :rotfl:

In past years, Noe (no "L") built an elaborate zipline from the second story balcony to the breakfast room chandelier, made a flour angel, took a bubble bath with peanut bubbles, helped wrap presents (leaving wrapping paper hither and yon) and been found watching Skin-emax movies.

Just watched the Elf on the Shelf DVD recently. Very cute movie. Wish this was out when my kids were little. The only thought I have is why would the elf get into mischief if his purpose is to come down to visit the children so he could give a report to Santa? I wouldn't want my elf to get into mischief if I expected my kids to behave. I guess my elf would have been a boring one. But then again maybe I don't really understand the premise. I'll need to read the book too. :upsidedow

These elves sound more like leprechauns too me.

One of my friends shares her elf antics on Facebook. Last night the elf arrived and was sleeping in the kids' bathroom tissue box with tissues as a pillow and sheet. The elf likes to write on the mirror with toothpaste. The elf uses dad's shaving cream. He leaves marshmallow word messages around the house. He makes snow angels with sugar on the table. He rides with Barbie in her car. Her twins love this elf. They are 10 years old now and still look forward to it.

These are great!!! I'm going to check out the Pinterest board for sure.....

Last night my oldest was playing with my DD8's mini flying helicopter. It landed in a sink full of dishes and quickly sank into the water. We grabbed it, turned it off, shook what we could out of it, and buried it in rice in the stock pot. Otto is also in the stock pot this morning, we'll see if they notice......

Saw a friend had her Elf playing Uno with two other stuffed animals

Our elf doesn't cause much trouble. He brings the ingredients to make monkey bread, decorated the kitchen, will bring some candy. He doesn't do anything that cause me a lot of trouble lol.

My kids are way too old for this (almost 14 and 12) but I'm doing it anyway! I just ordered it on BF from Target. I absolutely love the ideas people put on Facebook and Pinterest. Some of the ideas I'm stealing are spilling red & green M&Ms on the table, and spelling out "Be Good." I love the flour snow angel idea, and my cousin this morning posted her elf drawing all over her wedding picture with a dry erase marker. It gave her a tattoo and a black eye. He also pasted a picture of himself over all of the kids' pictures. :lmao: My girls are going to think their mom is a crazy nut, but I'm hoping they get a kick out of it.

My daughter is 13 and insisted we get it this year. My 11 year old son was like are you kidding?? We're too old for that!

Guess who thinks its hysterical and can't get enough of the Elf's antics? Yup, my too cool son.

Never too old!

My kids are way too old for this (almost 14 and 12) but I'm doing it anyway! I just ordered it on BF from Target. I absolutely love the ideas people put on Facebook and Pinterest. Some of the ideas I'm stealing are spilling red & green M&Ms on the table, and spelling out "Be Good." I love the flour snow angel idea, and my cousin this morning posted her elf drawing all over her wedding picture with a dry erase marker. It gave her a tattoo and a black eye. He also pasted a picture of himself over all of the kids' pictures. :lmao: My girls are going to think their mom is a crazy nut, but I'm hoping they get a kick out of it.

No worries. Mine are those ages. They are too old to believe but they still look forward to their elves visiting. Who doesn't enjoy a little mischief?

Mine are 12 and 14 too. they just asked today when he'd be arriving :confused3:confused: their father answered I thought you didn't believe in santa anymore so why would Ernie need to come back? Both yelled cause we want to see what kind of trouble he'll get into this year. there is NO WAY mom would let that normally happen. So I guess I'd better dig out Ernie (the elf) Elmo (the reindeer) the snowman who came for fun last year if I can remember his name and their pickup........ I was so not planning on this this year. Oh well maybe it will get me in the spirit.

On the night of my youngest's bday 2 years ago they christmas papered his bedroom door and had a snowball fight in the hallway 300 cotton balls. the 10 year old boys loved it and proceeded to have another snowball fight with the balls in the living room.

I had to google this to find out what it was. (I'd been wondering for over a year.) What kind of antics can an elf whose only job is espionage get up to?

Just watched the Elf on the Shelf DVD recently. Very cute movie. Wish this was out when my kids were little. The only thought I have is why would the elf get into mischief if his purpose is to come down to visit the children so he could give a report to Santa? I wouldn't want my elf to get into mischief if I expected my kids to behave. I guess my elf would have been a boring one. But then again maybe I don't really understand the premise. I'll need to read the book too. :upsidedow

These elves sound more like leprechauns too me.

LOL---everyone I know the elf is just there to watch the kids and report back to santa- they dont get into any mischief-first I ever heard of that was on these boards!

Wow, I thought plenty of people have Elf on the Shelf! We have already started this year, no major pranks yet but soon ;) My daughter loves looking for "Elf Girl" every morning :)

This is one new tradition I don't get. I too have Facebook friends who love to post all of the trouble the elf gets in. To me, it looks like the elf makes a lot of messes to clean up.:confused3 I don't have kids. Maybe when I do I'll feel differently.

There's a blog my DSIL sent me that makes fun of the woman who has 100 elf on the shelf ideas. It's pretty hilarious.
Elf on the Shelf was not around when my children were young. There's no way I'd do some of the mess making stuff. Why would anyone want to give themselves more messes to clean?

I'm doing this for the first time this year with my DD9. Our elf should make it in the mail tomorrow, but she's not making her appearance until Saturday.

I think the kids have to take care of the elf's messes. My question is more if the elf is in the middle of a mess and you aren't supposed to touch him, does that mean he stays in that mess all day? I just can't see some of it, like the powdered sugar angel...leaving that all day.... Maybe it's just me. :confused3

Tips/tricks/etc. are definitely welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter