Egypt in summer?

TravelParent

Earning My Ears
Looking for feedback from anyone who has done Egypt in July. I know it’s not the ideal time to travel there, but might be our only option in the near future. Was the heat unbearable? Is the itinerary different due to weather? TIA!

Looking for feedback from anyone who has done Egypt in July. I know it’s not the ideal time to travel there, but might be our only option in the near future. Was the heat unbearable? Is the itinerary different due to weather? TIA!
yes. i believe the hottest we had it was about 105*F (41*C) and that was in Karnak (Luxor). It is a dry heat (LOL) so it is different than a similar temp in a humid place like Florida. the air is not so wet and heavy like a blanket, but if you are not used to it, it does tend to sap you. Light clothes, hats, and LOTS of water or teas. I remember walking and thinking little bugs were biting my legs, but it was just the superheated sand that was getting kicked up. I would say if that is your only time, it is better to go then than not at all. Egypt is a mind blowing place to visit.

yes. i believe the hottest we had it was about 105*F (41*C) and that was in Karnak (Luxor). It is a dry heat (LOL) so it is different than a similar temp in a humid place like Florida. the air is not so wet and heavy like a blanket, but if you are not used to it, it does tend to sap you. Light clothes, hats, and LOTS of water or teas. I remember walking and thinking little bugs were biting my legs, but it was just the superheated sand that was getting kicked up. I would say if that is your only time, it is better to go then than not at all. Egypt is a mind blowing place to visit.
Thank you! Did the itinerary get modified at all due to the heat? Did ABD try to do anything “extra” to keep folks comfortable? Not sure my teen is going to tolerate the temperature, but it is a bucket list trip!

cannot speak to ABD, I traveled there on my own. Three times... 1989.... 2000.... 2012
I am sure however, that knowing what I do about ABD.... that they will take very good care of you

I did Egypt in July 2022. It was hot, average 99-102 every day. There were no itinerary changes due to heat, but the guides did a good job of making sure we stayed hydrated and out of the sun when possible. Most of the touring was in the morning or evening except Abu Simbel (late morning after flight) and Karnak (afternoon). We were given umbrellas to shade from the heat, and the guides kept us in shady areas at Karnak. They also treated us to cold sodas after many of the locations to cool off a bit before reboarding the van.

On the flip side of this, touring in the summer was amazing due to the lack of crowds. It's low tourist season, and we were there during Eid al-Adha, which is a major family holiday for them, so locals were celebrating with their families at home. I have pictures at Abu Simbel and Karnak with nobody in the background. We also had time in King Tut's tomb to take a bunch of pictures that apparently we never would have gotten in high season when they shuffle people in and out very quickly.

We're signed up for July 2024. My husband showed the itinerary to an Egyptian friend (who goes back home every year) and he said it looks like a great trip. He also said the heat isn't much different than what we experience here in South TX 🤷🏻‍♀️

Do any of these ever switch from adults only to including kids? I'd love to take my kids to Egypt for my 50th, but they're on a year round schedule and all of our available dates are adult only.

Do any of these ever switch from adults only to including kids? I'd love to take my kids to Egypt for my 50th, but they're on a year round schedule and all of our available dates are adult only.
I've never heard of that happening, but who knows? They'd have to have nobody at all signed up for the trip to do this, because it's being sold as an adults only departure, and they wouldn't be able to just change that on somebody who is already booked on the trip. I'd assume they'd be more likely to cancel the departure than convert it to a family departure.

That's not to say they might not *add* additional dates for family trips if there was the demand for it.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter