• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

eBay deals

DisFan2

Dreaming of Walt Disney World!
What's the best eBay (or other online auction site) deal you've worked for your WDW trips? For our trip last year I was able to successfully bid on a pair of Motorola 2 way radios for considerably less than the cost of new ones (and they worked GREAT at the parks - highly recommended). I'm currently looking for hotel gift certificates (like the ones you can earn at Milesource, MyPoints, etc.), park passes, anything to help cut down costs.

Hi DisFan2 - I'm not very familiar with auction sites, so I can't help you out with alternatives to e-Bay. However, please be very, very cautious about trying to get park passes on e-Bay. People may sell you a parkhopper pass which they say has 3 days left on it and there will turn out to be nothing left. There's no way to actually check until you get to WDW either (the Disney stores can't help you out with that). A number of people have posted that they, or friends and relatives of theirs, have been burnt.

Thanks for the advice,

I've never been burned on eBay, but I understand your concern. You do have to be careful - I look long and hard at all the feedback for a seller before buying. On my last purchase, the seller sent the item with an envelope with $7 US in it. She wrote a quick note indicating she'd overestimated the shipping costs. I would never have known and she could have just pocketed the money. If you're careful, most transactions are OK (at least in my experience).

You do not have to worry about ebay, but you do need to be very wary of the some of the members. Most are excellent and trustworthy. However, in 50 purchases, I myself have found frauds (and one is enough to turn your stomach). Ebay cannot investigate every member, auctioneer, etc. It is a gamble if you are going to receive your money, purchase.

I myself bought something through an auction by ebay and the seller put in $20 US, because the tag was not on the item as stated. I thanked her and moved on!

Many excellent people, some no gooders.............

For those people who are comfortable with online auctions, what's your best WDW item which you've been able to bid on?

Please also be careful buying Disney passes as it is illegal and if they find out you will be removed from the park. I was watching a show (I think it was 20/20 or Dateline or something) and it showed people being ejected from the park for using a transfered park pass. These passes are non-transferable and I would hate for you to spend the money and then not be able to use them when you got there. And think how embarrassing it would be to be thrown out not to mention how upsetting!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter