Eating at Universal right now

fivikse

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to UO this summer. We have been in the past and rarely made reservations, but I have seen comments that things are different now during Covid.

I understand that we should make reservations in advance for any table service meals we think we will want. (in park and/or citywalk). What about the restaurants inside the Universal hotels?

How are the quick serve places working right now (in park)? Especially the Harry Potter ones, but any of them? Is it mobile ordering like WDW?

Does staying at an onsite hotel help with any of the City walk sit down restaurants right now?

I understand things may change quickly, I am just trying to understand where things are right now!

Thanks!

Eating at our Hotel quick service was normal.

As of right now, being onsite does not help with a City Walk reservation.

Quick service in the park had very long lines, longer than I have experienced, but I don’t go at peak times, I’m sure people who visit at holiday season wouldn’t have noticed.

Make City Walk reservations asap you can always cancel without a charge.

I would say plan on an extra 30 mins for any quick service in the park.

But with restrictions changing it might be getting back to a more normal time frame by Summer?

We're heading down end of May/beginning of June and I have our citywalk dining reservations made. If we get down there and change our minds I'll just cancel.

Thank you both!

Does UO have mobile ordering for quick service restaurants in the parks?

Yes but you have to be seated at the table to make the mobile order. You have to wait in line to get assigned a table with a table number for the order.
This is mostly a problem at the HP restaraunts. And the Today show cafe. Others mostly had brief or no waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter