Eat at Home 3!

Yay, Thanksgiving week!!! I just love Thanksgiving!

Tonight:
Mince on Baked Potatoes

Taco Tuesday:
Bean Burritos
Chips and Salsa

Wednesday: (will spend this evening with my mom doing Thanksgiving prep)
Crockpot Beef Vegetable Soup
Cornbread

Thursday:
THANKSGIVING!!!! :tongue::duck:

Friday:
Takeout Pizza or our one time a year trip to McD's for McRib Sammies (guilty pleasure)

Saturday:
Baked Shrimp (new recipe I am trying)
Rice Pilaf
Asparagus

Sunday:
Chicken (Turkey if there is l/o) Pot Pie

Monday:
Loaded Potato Soup

Taco Tueseay:
Tacos
Refried Beans

Trying to get back on track, both with spending money and getting healthier. Starting Clean Simple Eats this week...

Sunday: Breakfast burritos / Thanksgiving lunch / Leftovers
Monday: Protein bar / Leftovers / Turkey pot pies
Tuesday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Salsa verde chicken burritos
Wednesday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Beef & broccoli stir fry
Thursday: Protein bar / Leftovers / Garden veggie pizza
Friday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Dinner out after son's musical
Saturday: Pancake buffet / Fend for yourself / Parmesan chicken and potatoes

Hope everyone had a great week!

Weeee... starting a new diet Monday to see if it helps my tummy issues. Pretty much a Mediterranean Diet but without the things I can't eat due to other problems. Whole grains, veggies and fruit, lower fat, lean protein, beans... that sort of thing. I won't be perfect I know that, but hopefully this can help settle stuff down. Plus, I need to lose weight which will also help my health.

Breakfast: Vanilla greek yogurt with frozen strawberries and mango
Lunch: Teriyaki chicken meatballs with rice, steamed veggies, and kimchi
Snack: Triskets with laughing cow cheese

Yesterday: Turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole
Tonight: L/O
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Instant pot coconut tandoori chicken with rice and steamed broccoli
Friday: L/O

Trying to get back on track, both with spending money and getting healthier. Starting Clean Simple Eats this week...

Sunday: Breakfast burritos / Thanksgiving lunch / Leftovers
Monday: Protein bar / Leftovers / Turkey pot pies
Tuesday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Salsa verde chicken burritos
Wednesday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Beef & broccoli stir fry
Thursday: Protein bar / Leftovers / Garden veggie pizza
Friday: Hot Apple Pie Oats / Leftovers / Dinner out after son's musical
Saturday: Pancake buffet / Fend for yourself / Parmesan chicken and potatoes

Ohhh... what are Hot Apple Pie Oats if you don't mind me asking?

It's been a few weeks, but I've been cooking away - I pulled off Thanksgiving and a dessert party on Saturday, so while I have no turkey, I do have a few sides (and a lot of fruit and cheese) to get rid of to start the week...

Sun - Lemon Dill Baked Fresh Salmon filets (got a great deal yesterday b/c no one eats fish while they are having turkey:)), Leftover Stuffing, Homemade Dual Apple Fruit Tart (used my homemade Maple Honey Cooked Granny Smith Apples dish with a chopped Galas apples from last night's Apple Pie meets a Fruit Plate dish), Fresh Blackberries
Mon - Stouffer's Lasagna (still have to buy this, but I don't wanna cook real food yet, and pasta seems great after no pasta for weeks - if I don't buy this, it will be Spaghetti and Meatballs), Pumpkin Dip with Pears and Grapes
Tues - All Beef Hot Dogs, Baked Fries, Raspberry Mango Smoothie (I have both leftover fresh raspberry sauce and mango pulp...some yogurt and another fruit will make this pretty good)
Wed - Grilled Cheese (I have leftover Brie and Aged Cheddar), Homemade French Onion Soup (this was a huge win last month, and I have the stuff to make it again - will have the grilled cheese as dippers instead of doing the whole crock thing b/c family preferred it that way), Carrots and Celery with Dip
Thurs - ?? Maybe Leftovers from the week - maybe a Baked Chicken Breast with a Homemade Marinade
Fri - Shopping, so something will come from this...
Sat - OUT

I am still trying to clear out the pantry and freezer.
Black bean and beef tacos, Mexican corn
Cabbage veggie soup
Sausage gumbo
Stroganoff
Bbq ham pizza
Soup beans and cornbread
Some kind of beefy vegetable, maybe barley (if I have it already) soup and home made rolls

For lunch I am making a bunch of extra dinners. Baked ham with sweet glaze, mashed potatoes, green beans, spaghetti, chili Mac, and shrimp tempura sushi.

I just need fresh ginger, cabbage, tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, pasta, and tomato paste to complete all these dishes.

I am SO tired of turkey and dressing now, LOL!!!

Tonight: (hold over from last week since we have been eating L/O for EVERY meal since Thursday)
Baked Shrimp
Rice Pilaf
Roasted Asparagus

Taco Tuesday:
Tacos
Refried Beans

Wednesday: (another hold over)
Loaded Potato Soup

Thursday:
Tator Tot Casserole

Friday:
BBQ Baked Potatoes (BBQ from freezer)

Saturday: (Christmas decorating day!!!)
Tuscan Soup
Cornbread

Sunday:
Turkey Pot Pie

Monday:
Spaghetti (hubby made another HUGE batch of his homemade sauce over holiday weekend)
Steamed Broccoli
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Salad

Ohhh... what are Hot Apple Pie Oats if you don't mind me asking?

Hi there! Unfortunately, I'm not technically allowed to share the exact recipe since it's a pay to have program I'm on. But it's basically oatmeal with apple slices, protein powder, almond butter and cinnamon ;)

Hi! Longtime lurker on this thread, but i've never posted in it before. I love coming here to get meal ideas, even though I don't tend to do weekly meal plans. But I thought i'd stop by and post the link to this recipe for one pot lasagna soup. It's a super yummy and easy recipe (i'm making it again tonight) and with these cold winter months upon us, I thought others might enjoy it. http://carlsbadcravings.com/easy-one-pot-lasagna-soup/

I don't make the recipe exactly to a T, I omit a few things, use turkey instead of beef, and I also prefer to use small pasta shells instead of breaking up the lasagna noodles. But however you make it, I hope you enjoy!

Hi! Longtime lurker on this thread, but i've never posted in it before. I love coming here to get meal ideas, even though I don't tend to do weekly meal plans. But I thought i'd stop by and post the link to this recipe for one pot lasagna soup. It's a super yummy and easy recipe (i'm making it again tonight) and with these cold winter months upon us, I thought others might enjoy it. http://carlsbadcravings.com/easy-one-pot-lasagna-soup/

I don't make the recipe exactly to a T, I omit a few things, use turkey instead of beef, and I also prefer to use small pasta shells instead of breaking up the lasagna noodles. But however you make it, I hope you enjoy!
This sounds so wonderful, I will be making this one! Thank you

I made it through the crazy extended weekend of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday at work- aaah! With DS2 being gone at Disney with his GF and her family, and me working the longer hours, it lent itself to DH and I creating our own put together meals and eating up a lot of random leftovers in the fridge, which is a good thing. The rest of this week and next had me also using up some extra things and I only had to make a small grocery trip Tuesday.

Tue (off): loaded turkey melts with baked beans
Wed (1-10): Hawaiian pizzas- finally, I'd been holding off making these for like two weeks!
Thu (2-11): chicken and broccoli Alfredo
Fri (8-5): crock pot meatballs with mashed potatoes & gravy
Sat (off): dinner out after church
Sun (8-5): turkey potato cheese soup with rolls
Mon (8-5): slow cooked beef roast & veggies
Tue (off): chicken quesadillas with guacamole
Wed (off): chimichurri steaks with green beans & garlic break
Thu (2-11): cheeseburger pizzas
Fri (2-11):smoked sausage & veggie skillet
Sat (7-4): diner out after church

Hi there! Unfortunately, I'm not technically allowed to share the exact recipe since it's a pay to have program I'm on. But it's basically oatmeal with apple slices, protein powder, almond butter and cinnamon ;)

Mmmm Love me some overnight oats! That sounds an awful lot like this recipe (google is my friend.) https://amindfullmom.com/apple-pie-oatmeal/
this one looks good a well, although it has some different ingredients https://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/24/apple-pie-oatmeal/

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, potato hash, and black beans
Lunch: Veggie Pad Thai
Dinners:
Tonight: Ham, hashbrown casserole, rolls
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Baked Red Snapper with garlic, broccoli and cauliflower gratin, and couscous
Friday: Cheese tortellini with pesto, roasted delicata squash

This past week didn’t go as planned at all, I was super sick. This is my plan for this week...

Chili baked potatoes and green beans
Butter chicken and naan
Alfredo and salad
Lamb meatballs, hummus, naan, salad
Some kind of sausage bean soup
Bbq pork baked potatoes and slaw
Waffles and scrambled eggs

I need to buy yogurt, tomato paste, cucumber, carrots, kale, hummus, milk, syrup and eggs for this menu.

Wednesday:
Stuffed Baked Potatoes (butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese, chives)

Thursday:
Chicken Cutlets
Mac and Cheese
Sautee'd Green Beans

Friday:
Asian Chicken Soup with Wonton Strips

Saturday:
Smoked Chicken
Roasted Potatoes
Roasted Yellow and Zucchini Squash

Sunday:
Mongolian Beef Noodle Bowls

Monday:
Pesto Chicken Pasta (made with leftover smoked chicken)

Taco Tuesday:
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Rice

Tuesday: Mulligatawny Soup, kale salad
Wednesday: Hummus kawarma (lamb) with lemon sauce, veggies, toasted pita bread pieces
Thursday: Cabbage rolls
Friday: French onion soup

My goal for 2019 is to be way more active in this thread!

Our menu this week has been:
Monday - picked up taco bell
Tuesday - Italian sausage tortellini
Wednesday - chili cheese dogs
Thursday - garlic butter shrimp and fries
Friday - burgers and fried potatoes
Saturday - chili
Sunday - beef stew

We didn’t get to do a few meals this week because of snow and a taco meal out. This week I am planning..

Butter chicken and naan
Alfredo and salad
Lamb meatballs, naan, salad
Tacos and Mexican corn
Beef stroganoff and green beans
Beef stew
Spaghetti

I just need chicken, salad stuff, and corn to complete this menu.

Phew, 2 parties done the last 3 weeks...so, while I've been eating at home, I've been planning last minute...this week is easy b/c I bought a cheap spiral sliced ham, since we don't eat that for Xmas (we do Peking Duck), so ham for this week it is (we have so many activities at night that having the leftovers will be great)...

Sun - Spaghetti and All Beef Meatballs with Clean-Out-The-Fridge Veg Tomato Sauce (added onion, garlic, green onion, taiwanese spinach, tomatos, carrot, and korean radish), Banana and Blackberries
Mon - Frozen Pizza (great deal and only feeding 4 and have night activities), Mango and Pomegranate
Tues - Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli
Wed - Make Your Own Western Scrambled Eggs (Ham, Cheddar, Red Pepper, Onion), Hashbrown Patties, Fruit Smoothies
Thurs - Ham and Cheese Grilled Cheese, Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup, Sliced Apples
Fri - Leftover Ham and other leftovers or Frozen Lasagna, 2nd set of Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Game Night (so we'll go out for fast food) - I have Xmas cookie trays to make for each guest to take home, so I'll bake Friday (thus, no work that day:)...

I have a couple of carry over meals from last week to make this week.

Wedensday:
Asian Chicken Soup with Wonton Strips (carry over)

Thursday:
Beef Stew
Biscuits

Friday:
Chicken Soup
Grilled Cheese

Saturday:
We will be out of town for our God-daughter's 1st birthday party.

Sunday:
Pesto Chicken Pasta (carry over)
Garlic Toast

Monday:
Church Leadership Christmas Dinner

Taco Tuesday:
Mexican Beef And Rice Skillet
Chips and Salsa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!