easiest driving route into FW

tiggereyore

The laughter of a child is the light of a house
We will be driving from Vermont (!) the end of sept with check in on 10/2. I have heard horrer(?) stories about crossing the 2 lanes of traffic. Can you really use the 535 entrance? Has anyone done this?? Are there any stores on this route?? Grocery, outlet?

Also I had planned on driving to the parks. I prefer to use my jogging stoller more comfort for me pushing and the kids riding ( no getting stuck on rr tracks, tree trunks ect. ) At one point I saw an AAA deal on parking? Anyone know anything about it? Some card that's like a handicap thing.

Also we are meeting some friends that are doing a make a wish does anyone know if we can tag along with them or will we get separated do to the make a wish thing?:bounce:

Are IOA really worth it for 4 and 2 yr olds?

Thank you I've learn so much from here.:D :D

It really isn't difficult going in the main entrance. Just follow the signs for FW, and after you go past the parking lot booths at MK you will take the first road to the right. Just hang back until it is clear--no sweat. For the first time this is by far the easiest way to get there and you get to see so much as you go through Disney.

Can't help you on AAA parking, but since you are staying on-site you will park for free. If close parking is what you are looking for, maybe someone else will have info. If you have to, you could let the driver let you, kids and stroller off at the closest point and then park and join you.

Don't know about the Make a Wish--maybe you could ask this question on the disAbilities board.

Have fun planning!

I believe the AAA parking is for guest who have purchased pkgs through AAA travel and this special parking pass is part of their pkg.
As for the main entrance, depending on when you go through and how busy it is can make it difficult or not. I also think the type of rv you are driving factors into the difficulty. Saying that we use the Vista Blvd entrance into FW. Just make sure you have your confirmation slip with you. It is real easy to get to, just follow the signs to POR, go past this resort the road (Bonnet Creek) will dead end into Vista Blvd, take a left at the light and you will come to the security booth just ahead. Check out the property map at www.disneyzone.actusa.net.
You wont have a problem with your stroller on the MK boat launch. I have seen that type on there before and it is much easier then parking at TTC. As for the other parks the parking is no problem.
If your kids like Dr Seuss then you might want to go to IOA otherwise I think they are a little young and would wait a few years.

Thank you grumpy92 I like back roads ( no surprise since I live in Vermont). I'd use all back roads to get ther if I could alais though it would probably take two weeks to get there that way!

Thank you for all your help.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tiggereyore,

We've driven from Mass quite a few times with our popup and 3 kids. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

:p

Many Many ???'s

1) What did you find to be the easiest route we were planning to go down I 91 into hartford then across into NY AND PA.??
My oldest wants to stop at Assateague Island. then to the bay brige tunnel (i'm not really happy with that part of the route).

2) How do you entertain the kids I really don't want to do the tv/vcr route? any favorite games the boys are 4 and 22(at the time of the trip)

3)How far do you go each day and your favorite places to stop? We have a 24' trailer and were thinking about 350-400 miles a day.

4)Any favorite spots at FW.

5)did you use the main gate for entering or the back route.?

6)did you drive to the parks or use busses? Did you use the boat to MK What's the ride like bumpy, smooth?thnk you verymuch :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tiggereyeore,

Hope I can help with some answers . . .

1. We usually drive I-84 thru Connecticut, to Rte. 684. We then get on to the Garden State Parkway onto the New Jersey Turnpike. That turns into I-95 and we follow 95 all the way to I-4 in Daytona. You might want to contact your AAA office. They will print out a detailed map for you.

2. We bring car games for the kids, CD players, Gameboys. We do bring the TV/VCR combo every trip, but I only remember using it once. We also play "Name that Disney Movie/Song/Character. One person gives hints and we all take turns guessing. It makes the time go by fast.

3. We drive straight thru. we leave our house (north of Boston) at 2pm and drive all the way. We're usually in FW by lunchtime the next day. DH and I take turns driving so it's not too bad.

4. Our favorite loops are 400 (Preferred site) and the 800 (full hook up site).

5. We use the maingate entrance. It's not that big of a deal going thru the Maingate. We just get in the furthest lane to the right and merge over.

6. This past trip we took our car to the parks. We found it was quicker. Except for the MK. We took the ferry. The ride is very nice and it's exciting to see the MK from a distance - very magical.

Any other questions, you can PM me or post here. I love to talk about Disney!!!

Lisa

In regards to your original question, YES, you can use the Rte 535 entrance. However, this will bring you in the back side of Disney, back by the warehouses. But first a warning: You'll be missing that MAGIC feeling you get when you drive in one of the main entrances.

To go this route, off of I-4 take 535 north. Go past the crossroads intersection up to the following traffic light. At this point 535 turns left. Turn and follow 535 to the next traffic light (about a mile or so). It'll be shortly after you go under an overpass (you'll fit. All the trucks clear it fine). The light will be the intersection of Vista Rd with 535. Turn left and follow Vista Rd right to the campground.

A little bit longer route, but probably quicker, and with the Disney MAGIC of entering WDW is to take Epcot Center Drive (Hwy 536) into Disney. This will be exit 26A coming off of I-4. The first two exits will be for Buena Vista Drive (East to DD), then a cloverleaf for traffic going west. You want the 3rd exit which will be 1/4 mile past the Buena Vista Drive exits. Take this exit and get into the left most of the 3 lanes. Turn left onto Bonnet Creek and follow it until it dead ends at Vista Dr. Turn left and go to the campground.

There is no need to go through the Magic Kingdom gates as that is out of your way no matter which way you go when you are coming from the East (from Orlando). The Magic Kingdom gate works best for those coming from the West (Tampa).

Just FYI, there are three main entrances into WDW. (1) World Drive which exits I-4 far south of WDW, crosses hwy 192, crosses the Osceola Parkway, and goes past MGM, crosses Buena Vista drive, and goes straight to Magic Kingdom. (2) Epcot Center Drive comes in from the East, crosses Buena Vista Drive, loops around Epcot and joins World drive. And (3), Crossroads, which is at the intersection of Hwy 535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd. This route brings you in past the non-Disney hotels and to an intersection with Buena Vista Drive by Downtown Disney.

Have a gret trip.

I've driven from the Berkshires of WMass to Florida on several occassions. As most of the above suggest, hop on 91 in VT and follow the NYC signs once you get to the Hartford area. I95 works fine but beware of regulations that restrict propane and trailers in some states. I don't recall them excatly but AAA travel books list them. Seems like the GW Bridge was once and the Harbor Tunnel in Baltimore was another.

You can take the NY state Thruway to the Garden State Parkway. Follow the parkway to the end and take the Cape may Lewes ferry . Once in Lewes head south to Assategue Island (you can camp there for the night if you want to). Its pretty cool to see the wild ponies come right into your campsite. From there it is an easy drive to the Chesapeke Bay Bridge Tunnell ( very neat if you have never been on it) From there is a route That goes around Chesapeke Va and connects you to I95 again

We have driven many times from the North Shore of Mass. We go Mass Pike to 84 to 91, to 95. From there, we go over the GW to the NJTP. Follow this to the Delaware Bridge, straight down thru Baltimore. If you have propane, there are a couple re-routes in this area. You will be looking for 895 and 695 in this area. After getting thru Baltimore's inner harbor, you will approach DC. We take the 495 Beltway (on the map, it will appear as the Beltway left or East). There is no good day or time of day to do it unless you are there WAY before rush hour in the AM.

From there, it is straight down 95. Although, we do 295 around Richmond (less traffic). Follow 95 to Daytona, Fl. Then, take I-4 to Orlando. About 26 hours from here, with minimal stops that is.

Good luck, it is a great drive down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter