Easiest car rental company to use...

They almost all have free clubs that allow you to "skip" the main line. Just check their website. I'm a member of several of them. I've used the one from Dollar many times and it works great. No matter what, you still have to talk to an agent, but the club will get you to a priority line. Like I mentioned before, it can depend on how many people are there. I've been the only one in priority...and once I just had random luck to be on the same shuttle bus to the agency (Logan airport) with several other priority members. Still went fairly quick though.

Also, check rates frequently. They will often drop as you get closer to your date. The rental companies would much rather the car be used than sit in the parking lot. It will also depend on what class of cars are plentiful, etc... I travel several times per year and have gotten used to doing this. I'm travelling from ATL to PHL next Friday. When I first booked the flight a few months ago, rental cars were something like $35/day plus tax. This morning, they were around $16/day...for either a small pick up truck or a mid-size sedan. Economy cars were actually a few dollars more. I'll make a reservation today, but check again in a day or two to see if it drops again. YMMV on this, as it's different airport to airport and season to season, but definitely worth watching.

Like I said before, if you want to be in/out quickly, I'd really suggest looking at the smaller companies like E-Z or Dollar. I believe they are both at MCO. I absolutely love Enterprise, I deal with them daily at work and think they're great. However, since they're the most popular, in my experience they almost always have the longest counter lines...even for club members. Meanwhile, the reps for the smaller companies are sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

Like I said before, if you want to be in/out quickly, I'd really suggest looking at the smaller companies like E-Z or Dollar. I believe they are both at MCO. I absolutely love Enterprise, I deal with them daily at work and think they're great. However, since they're the most popular, in my experience they almost always have the longest counter lines...even for club members. Meanwhile, the reps for the smaller companies are sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

I don't think Dollar was terribly small in recent years, but they're owned by Hertz now. They're still operated more or less separately from the parent company.

https://www.dollar.com/AboutUs/Background.aspx

It's not quite as integrated as Avis and Budget. Once I rented from a Budget location and there was nobody at their counter. Then the agent at the Avis counter got off of the phone and did my paperwork. Some people have gotten confused because they rented from Budget and only saw an Avis sign when they got to the address. From what I can tell, renting from Budget or Avis at the same location may just mean the car comes from the same inventory.

If you are flying in and staying at Disney take the magical express and rent the car (Alamo) at Disney. They have pickup at the car center and Dolphin hotel. They will pick you up and bring you back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter