Earthquake in LA a few minutes ago

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Anyone feel it? According to the news it was centered in L.A. 4.1 I know some of our members live that way. Hope all is okay.

ETA: Center was in Hawthorne / El Segundo area according to ABC News.

Not again!!! :eek: Get them all out before I get there. Maybe these are releasing the pressure so that there won't be a big giant one. :confused3

I am so on edge with these @#$%&*+ quakes!!! Enough already! Let some other state have them for a while! This one today started out as a 3.9, then was quickly upgraded to a 4.1 - which is not that much smaller than the 4.7 from 2 days ago. I like to see the quakes getting smaller gradually. But seeing that this Newport Inglewood fault produced a quake over 6.0 in 1933, it is capable of producing one again. So I am HOPING that these quakes of similar magnitude don't portend the coming of a larger one. I told you the other day, Pink Budgie - I am going to have a nervous breakdown from these quakes! These ones that are closer to civilization are very sharp. These are not the gentle rolling kinds - these are definite shakers.

I reside in Canada and was home at the time it happened, but I received a phone call from my mom who is currently staying in Newport Beach, just moments after it happened. She said she was in bed at the time. The news story I looked up, had it categorized as a 5 on the scale.

A little scary for us Canadians :scared1:

Yeah I felt it! I'm in the San Pedro/Carson area. Yikes, I'm all jittery now. :(

Guessing if you are on DIS, all is okay?

Was it shaking? Rolling? Jolt?

Didnt that area just have one? Maybe a few days/a week ago?

Yes, but that is common. In fact, I would not be surprised if later today they officially categorize today's as an aftershock of the one a few days ago.

according to a website ...

MAP 2.5 2009/05/19 22:51:09 33.913 -118.385 15.9 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.1 2009/05/19 22:49:11 33.933 -118.331 12.1 GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA

Guessing if you are on DIS, all is okay?

Was it shaking? Rolling? Jolt?

Yes all is good. It's just nerve wrecking you know? Its been a while since SoCal had a big quake. I also get nervous to think a bigger one is coming, like other DISers have mentioned.

I feel like saying:

"No earth!! Not this month, at least wait until June to give us a shaking. I got too many fun things going on in the next 2 weeks and don't want you to ruin it" :rotfl:

I reside in Canada and was home at the time it happened, but I received a phone call from my mom who is currently staying in Newport Beach, just moments after it happened. She said she was in bed at the time. The news story I looked up, had it categorized as a 5 on the scale.

A little scary for us Canadians :scared1:

Are you all talking about TODAY or SUNDAY?? :confused3

I live in Newport Beach and I did not feel anything today BUT Sunday, now that earthquake we all felt!!! Our apt shook like crazy. Nothing broke but all our paintings shifted and picture frames on my end tables feel over. Our sliders to our balcony was shaking like crazy...then it all STOPPED!

BUT as I said, nothing today at all. :confused:

I felt a strong, sharp, quick jolt and the accompanying window rattling - it was like a sonic boom. Then, it gently swayed for a couple of seconds after that, but not for nearly as long as the one on Sunday night.

Yes all is good. It's just nerve wrecking you know?...
Yep, I know. :) That's why I finally yelled loud enough about emergency kits for the house and the cars that DH listened. We even bought extra water supplies for DPup... just in case.

Sounds like today's was a little one. Just Mother Earth saying hello.

We thought our 12 year old was nuts the other night when the first hit. She said we had just had a quake and the candles were shaking on the kitchen table..... neither of us even felt it.

We felt two sharp jolts, and then real minor rattling. I was on the phone w/a coworker & she could hear the noise over the phone. I work in El Segundo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter