Early Onboard activity time and PAT?

Jess2719

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Just wondering how having an early onboard activity (1230pm) and PAT arrival times work?

We have just booked an early onboard activity for embarkation day for 1230pm. How does that work with Port Arrival Times, we are silver and are assuming we will not be getting an earlier port arrival time (cannot check in until late July) so may not get a port arrival time before the experience. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Last edited:
What activity is booking that early on embarkation day? The earliest boarding typically doesn’t begin until 11:30ish (give or take). I would not schedule anything until mid-afternoon.

It’s the kick-starting your day drinks onboard activity
This is a new offering. I actually had to go look it up as I had not heard of it before. That time is surprisingly early given when embarkation starts. The first option would be to get an early PAT. If you are concierge, that works. But as silver you will be checking in later than others. Are you sailing from PC and using Disney transportation? That also seems to help with an early PAT. If that is not the case, I guess you could explain the situation to the CM who checks you in at the port and perhaps they could help.

Hi all,

Just wondering how having an early onboard activity (1230pm) and PAT arrival times work?

We have just booked an early onboard activity for embarkation day for 1230pm. How does that work with Port Arrival Times, we are silver and are assuming we will not be getting an earlier port arrival time (cannot check in until late July) so may not get a port arrival time before the experience. Can anyone advise?

Thanks
I surprised they are doing this! We once had a departure that didn't even start boarding until almost noon! We had taken Disney transport from a WDW resort and were among some of the first in the building. We were in the terminal nearly 2 hours before we even got on the ship and we were some of the first people on after Concierge. There's no way most people could even have dreamed of making a 12:30 activity. This seems really really dumb for that reason (that they don't always board on time) and for those who can't even get a PAT before then. Why would they do this?

Are later times available for your cruise? I was curious about this too so I went and checked it out. My cruise in August has 12:30, 1:30, and 2:30 available. If you can maybe book a later time so you wont be worrying about making it.

The originator of the post is on the same cruise as me in August and it looks like we did have 12.30/1.30/2.30 available but now it only has 12.30 available. Might be worth a call/chat with DCL to ask what options are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter