Early April or late May?

kweaver

DIS Veteran
Thinking ahead to our 2005 trip(s)...

The kids' Spring Break is always the first full week of April which would make it April 3-9 for a Sun-Fri trip next year. Easter Sunday is March 27th. I'm curious what the crowds will be like during our Spring Break week since it starts a full week after Easter. Any thoughts?

Alternately, we would take a Sun-Fri trip May 22-27 (kids are out of school May 20th). This is Dream season, so lower points. Another option is to take the kids out of school a week early (this will be DD's last year of elementary...so probably the last year for this option).

However, I'd like to take advantage of the cooler April weather if it won't be terribly crowded.

What would you do?

bumping this up as I am curious too. We have spring break the same week and are going to get one last trip on our AP.

nisiemouse...I was wondering if there were other metropolitan areas who always have Spring Break that week (we're in metro Atlanta and all of the schools here are out that week).

My gut instinct is to stick with the May dates even with the heat. I don't want any part of the Easter/Spring break crowds. It will be bad enough in mid-June this year. I was just hoping the crowds would be over since Easter is early next year.

We went many years ago in May and the weather was perfect with very little crowds. If heat is an issue, then go to the parks early and leave when you start to be uncomfortable.

Looking at the Passporter it looks like less crowds in May.

Katie: If you're not going to be there over Memorial Day I would go in May. Those dates should be right before I think. We have to go on spring break because our pass will start May 30 and school is out a little later next year. People usually run a thread with all the spring breaks a little closer to time.

We went late May early June last year and over Spring Break this year. Given the choice, I much prefer the end of May. Spring Break was cold and very crowded. We still had fun, but I prefer the lower crowds and warmer weather. We had to lug around sweaters and jackets and even went back to the resort to change into warmer clothes for the nighttime shows which was a pain. Of course, DH prefers Spring Break because he likes the cooler weather despite the crowds, so I guess it's just a matter of whether you can handle the heat. Also, the last few days of out trip were much warmer, so maybe the cold snap was just an aberration...still, early June gets my vote!

Oh, and BTW, I think I know you! My middle DD (6 years old) is Cassidy! :wave2:

Oh yes, one more thing....at that time in May there shouldn't be as much rain as in later June, so you get the best of both worlds. LOL! Can you tell I'm really going to be trying to talk DH into May next year (assuming I can even talk him into WDW at all :rolleyes: ). I love May in Disney!! :D

I'm taking my mom and daughter for a surprise trip on May 21- May 25. I am taking my daughter out of school for 2 days. I think it will be a great time to go. We usually go in Dec. and never use the water parks.

By the way, your youngest son could be my 23 month old's twin brother. They look just alike! I had to show everyone your picture.:eek:

Lori

Looks like it will be the end of May for us! nisiemouse - You're right...it's the week before Memorial Day (the *only* good thing about going back to school the second week in August is getting out on the 20th of May!)

KimR...I'm trying to figure out who you are...and I'm drawing a blank! Send me a PM with more details. It's such a small world, I figured someday I would find someone I know here at the DIS. Quite a few folks from the Atlanta area post here. ::yes::

Lori...how funny you should say that! We were vacationing at the Gulf over Spring Break and there was a little boy at the pool who looked almost identical to Camden as well! He was 2ish...and it was unreal. I wish I would have thought to get a picture of them together. You will have to send me a photo so I can see the resemblance.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter