Earl of Sandwhich?

luvmygirls

Mouseketeer
? for veteran's of WDW? I would def. like to try Earl of Sandwhich (just heard too many great reviews about it.) This will be my entire family's 1st trip, so I'm unfamiliar with transportation times. We will have rental cars as we are staying at an off-site vacation home. I'm thinking of doing Earl of Sandwhich on the day we plan to got o AK in the morning, than lunch break, than go to Epcot in the afternoon. How far is DTD from AK? Does it pay to do this, or should we just go on a non-park day? Do we take our rental cars & then come back to park at Epcot, or is it more time-efficient to take the Disney transportation system?

TIA for your help!
Shelly :jester:

TINK says.. 334 days, 1 hour until your trip!

You need to take transportation to DTD or plan an off park day. Traffic can be rough at DTD at times and parking can be hard to find if its near Christmas. Truthfully, if you really want to shop DTD is lots of fun. I didn't like Earl and it certainly isn't worth a special trip. The sandwiches are just normal sandwiches-nothing special to me and the tea was watery and the line was very long and there was limited seating. Some people really like it though.

I would go on a non-park day and make it a day at DTD.

We really enjoyed the Earl of Sandwich -- the sandwiches were large and the two of us actually shared one. It is an excellent value as well as the sandwiches are only $4.95.

We went around 2pm in the afternoon both times that we visited this pas October and it wasn't that crowded. We had no trouble getting a table inside the restaurant.

I have to agree, I would try EoS on a non-park day. AK is quite a ways from DTD, and you'd probably spend quite a bit of time getting over there, then back to Epcot.

If you really did want to have lunch there between AK and Epcot, I would take your rental cars. If you took Disney Transport from AK to DTD (which you can't do directly, you'd have to change at a hotel), and then to Epcot (again, through a hotel), you'd have to leave Epcot before buses stopped running to AK. Since AK closes so much earlier, you'd be cutting off a lot of Epcot time. If this sounds convoluted .. well .. it is. ;)

We did like the sandwiches, though, and we're hoping to go back on our December trip. If you have a non-park day, or maybe a day when you're planning just to go to one park in the afternoon, I'd definitely say give it a try. :)

As has been mentioned, you cannot take Disney transportation to or from a theme park to Downtown Disney. It would be necessary to switch buses at a resort. If you have a car, drive to DTD unless you plan to drink alcoholic beverages.

I would give "Earls" two thumbs up! Price and taste are well worth the visit! Stopped there three times during a recent 10 day stay. Our favorite was the Montique. Creamy tomato soup for 95 cents was also very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter