• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E-night? Tell me I'm crazy to even consider this!

Ityldu

Mouseketeer
It will be Myself, DH, 3 boys (12, 8, 4.5). We'll be staying at the airport hotel Thursday night for 7AM flights Friday, June 21. (Doubt anyone will sleep with all the excitement, I know I won't). Arrive at Polynesian around 12 and relax until around 5pm.

We're planning on hitting MK, but would adding e-night on top of this traveling day be too much (10-1am). Of course we wouldn't have to be there the whole e-night, but do you even think it would be worth doing some of the e-night or would I just be setting the entire family up for total exhaustion and a miserable week trying to recoup.

I know it's very subjective based on your individual family, but I'm just curious what everyone else would do.

I can only tell you what we did last year. (mom, dad, DS 10, DD 6, DD 3) We were up at 3 am Arizona time to travel to Phoenix to catch our plane. We arrived to OKW and were checked in by 4:30 pm. Upon check in, we found out that we could still get tickets for e-night that night. We were tired, but found that it would be a wonderful start to our Disney trip last year. We had a great time...tired but a very good time. We also had e-night our last night there and did it that night, too, to end our vacation as we started.

are you leaving out of Philadelphia. If yes, are you flying USAir? Possibly flight 226?

We are going down on the 21st and staying the night and catching this early flight. We are not planning to do e-night on Friday because we have an 8:20am PS for CRT on Saturday, can't miss that. BUT, we definitely considered doing e-night until we got the PS. I wouldn't call you crazy. We are a party of 3 families with 5 kids ages oldest 5 and youngest 15 months. As long as you take that break when you get to the Poly, I think you will be fine as long as you have a stroller for the young one.

Maybe we will run into you and your family.....

I would wait until you get there and see if everyone is able to nap and judge it from there. E-night is a great way to start a vacation, as long as you don't have cranky kids.

Thanks for the great responses. Exactly the answer I was hoping for, but didn't think anyone would agree.

Carone0318 - Yes, that's the same flight #, but it looks like we'll be flying out the day before. We fly out on the 21st. It looks like you're arriving in Philly on 21st and spending the night for flights on the 22nd. Do I have that right? If not, and you are flying out on the 21st, look for us, we'll be in row6.

AZKathy - did you guys sleep in the morning after your first e-night? It sounds like you have the same age bracket as us, so I was extremely happy to hear it worked for you.

Thanks again.

We are going to Philly on the 20th (Thursday) and staying over night, probably at Four Points because my SIL works for Starwood and can get us a great rate and then we are flying out on the 21st. We need to work on our seating though, it has change a few times. Going down it looks like we are 23 ABC and my dh is 18D, which isn't that bad, but on the way home none of us are together and that is not do-able because I have a 5 yr old and a 15 month old. We'll work it out. Will look for you....

Ityldu, the kids slept on the plane trip and we did sleep in the next day.

We did something dumb that night of e-night. We took our rental car and parked there. Well, we did not know that the trams stopped running around 1 hour after the park closed (even though guest relations told me otherwise) that went to the parking lot. We waited and waited for a tram, realized that it was not coming and had to make a long long walk to our rental car. We did not get back to the resort until 2 am! We also got lost on the roads there since we had just arrived and did not have our bearings down yet. We were all tired and cranky after that little escapade and definately turned off any alarm clock for the next day!!!!

AZKathy - I can't even imagine how miserable that walk to your car must have been. Thanks for the tip. We shouldn't have a problem, b/c we'll be staying at Poly 1st 1/2 of trip, but I will be making sure the monorail is running until the end.

carone0318 - I'd forgotten about our flights back. When I checked, ours aren't perfect, but not nearly as bad as yours. We have 4 seats together, plus our ages are better if sep. What date are you returning. We're taking the June 30, noon flight. People are usually pretty understanding about switching seats to help a family. Are any of you in aisle or even window seats? That will make them even more willing to help, if they can give up a center seat next to you for a window or aisle.

We still haven't decided on a place to stay Thurs. night. DH works in Philly, so I told him that was his responsibility since I booked the entire trip. Of course he hasn't given it a thought yet, so I'm panicing because I like to have everything planned well in advance.

Thanks again for all the tips. I'm pretty sure we'll go for the enight, but I will judge things when we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter