• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

e-mail to WDW about interactive 100 Year light pins

JeffH

Mouseketeer
You need to add an on/off switch to your new interactive 100 Year light pins. You can't sell a pin for $15+ dollars which uses up its batteries in only a few days, even if you supply an extra set of batteries. LED lights use virtually no energy, so it must be the "sensor" that depletes the batteries. After I got it replaced last weekend (after dying after only one previous weekend of use), I removed the batteries after the night was over for my next trip...but you can't expect anyone else to do this, so you must add some sort of on/off switch and stress that it must be turned off when not in use otherwise you will be replacing the batteries every few days.

Is that why mine quit working the week I bought it? Here I thought I had just gotten a bum set of batteries. Going right now to take those batteries out of that sucker!! Thanks!:D

Thank you for the info. I will remember to remove the batteries when the pin is not in use.

Note: Removing/replacing the batteries requires the use of a small screwdriver.

Oh, NO! It looks as if I'm screwed. You can add me to the list of folks who will be e-mailing Disney regarding this subject.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter