Dyson Animal Hair Vacuum

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wish Upon A Starbucks, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Wish Upon A Starbucks

Wish Upon A Starbucks DIS Veteran

I’ve had the purple dyson animal hair vacuum for years and love it but sadly it’s dying. Where can I get the best price on a new one? Any suggestions from those of you who’ve shopped around recently?

2. Meglen

Meglen Mouseketeer

I got mine from amazon warehouse. alot of times you can find a good deal on an item that had a bangged up box.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. havaneselover

havaneselover Dreaming about a Disney cruise

I just got a V8 Absolute (love the fluffy attachment for hardwoods) from Amazon for Christmas. I absolutely love having a cordless vacuum. And my goodness it picks up so much dirt/dust/hair every time I vacuum.

Bed, Bath & Beyond had some on clearance according to a recent ad and I think they do let you use the coupon even though dyson is excluded.

5. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Costco or Sams club if you are a member.

I also have 2 cordless dysons, along with the ball. We never use the ball one b/c we are spoiled by the cordless. I am going to sell it. Maybe check your local Craigs list or FB marketplace for others selling?

6. Wish Upon A Starbucks

Has anyone ever bought a dyson at kohl’s. I think I can earn kohl’s cash if I get it there? It’s on sale for $399 now so I’m hoping if it’s still that price next time they offer kohl’s cash I can get $80 kohl’s cash back?

7. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

So I wanted to say that I saw some dysons on clearance at my Lowes store yesterday. The v6 absolute was $172 and the v7 animal was $249. These are both cordless.
    I have had the v6 absolute for 2 years and it is great. I recently bought a v7 motorhead as well and love it too. Either of these would work great for you. I have pets too and it is amazing the hair the pick up! The v7 is easier to empty and a bit longer run time. The v6 will come with both the soft head and the motorhead which is great. You can't go wrong either way at the price! I do see them on clearance on the website too, but not quite as cheap.

Wish Upon A Starbucks likes this.
  8. Wish Upon A Starbucks

Thanks. I’ll run to Lowe’s this weekend!

9. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

Have you taken it to a vacuum repair shop? Had my 8 year old Dyson serviced a few months ago, runs like new.

unrequited23 likes this.
  10. unrequited23

unrequited23 DIS Veteran

My mom just took her Dyson into the vacuum repair shop for a 'tune up.' It cost $100 and seems to be running better than ever. They even gave her a loaner vacuum to use.

11. Wish Upon A Starbucks

Thanks. Maybe I’ll check into that. We have replaced the brush on the bottom ourselves and also the hose when it broke. We thought the brush replacement would help but it didn’t do much but maybe I’ll check into that. Thank you!

12. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Costco has them on sale!

13. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

We bought our regular Dyson and our cordless from Kohl's during Black Friday sales and got the Kohls cash. It was a great deal.

Wish Upon A Starbucks likes this.
  14. SharonZ

SharonZ DIS Veteran

My Dyson was still under warranty and had it serviced at an authorized repair shop. It runs great now, and would definitely try getting it serviced before buying a new one. They did such a good job, I would pay to have it serviced. I have a Dyson ball, an Animal Canister, and a cordless.