DW tickets for before and after cruise

louiesmom

Earning My Ears
Is there a way to buy a multi-day ticket that works both before and after a 7night cruise? Everything I am seeing doesn't extend that far but was hoping there was something.

Try calling DCL. When WDW changed to the dated tickets and limited validity windows last fall, there was mention of a ticket available for cruisers but I believe it must be purchased through DCL. I don't know if there are other caveats like must be part of a pre- and/or post-cruise Land & Sea package or anything. Nobody has really commented about it, which makes me think whatever might be available isn't particularly appealing.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is there a way to buy a multi-day ticket that works both before and after a 7night cruise? Everything I am seeing doesn't extend that far but was hoping there was something.

Purchase your tickets and add the Flex Ticket Option:
With this option, you don’t have to choose dates. The first day of use of your ticket can be any day on or before December 31, 2020. Plus, you get more days to use your ticket. When you add this option, you have 14 days (from first use) to use all your ticket days.

Interesting about the DCL possibility. We have run into this a little with just the 4 night cruise. Even with planning Sea World as our first day of our trip we are a day off with the expiration. We are going to have to purchase an extra day on our park tickets, that we just won't use, in order to have the ticket still be valid for the days we need after the cruise. Right now we are looking at Park Savers tickets with the extra day being the cheapest for us.

Purchase your tickets and add the Flex Ticket Option:
With this option, you don’t have to choose dates. The first day of use of your ticket can be any day on or before December 31, 2020. Plus, you get more days to use your ticket. When you add this option, you have 14 days (from first use) to use all your ticket days.

That's true, but depending on time of year, the Flex option can be a HUGE upcharge and not cost-effective. Flex essentially converts to pricing from the most expensive time of year (so holiday Dec. 2020 pricing!). I just randomly chose dates in Sept 2019 and Jan/Feb 2020, and a 4-day Flex ticket is ~$160 more than purchasing two 2-day tickets to book-end a 7-night cruise.

depending on when you are traveling DIsney just rolled out after noon tickets for not bad prices through December 15, might be a good option, they are in 2, 3 and 4 day increments.

We bought 5 day passes (buy 4, get 1 day free). We went the four days before the cruise then went the day we got off before the airport. Had zero issues, just used our magic band on our fifth day and walked right in, our fast passes were already loaded. I bought our tickets from under cover tourists.

We bought 5 day passes (buy 4, get 1 day free). We went the four days before the cruise then went the day we got off before the airport. Had zero issues, just used our magic band on our fifth day and walked right in, our fast passes were already loaded. I bought our tickets from under cover tourists.
That must have been before they changed the expiration rules.

We had the same issue: wanted a day before and a day after our 7 day cruise. We couldn't find a way to make it work so I instead booked a Christmas party for one of the days which for our dates was quite a bit cheaper than a second one-day park ticket. I was really considering trying a water park for the other day, but then SWGE happened and my kids were pretty desperate to go... so this will just be a pricy vacay.

That must have been before they changed the expiration rules.

Yep, tickets used to be good for 14 days from first use. As of last fall with the introduction of date-based tickets, that changed, and WDW tickets have a validity window based on the length of ticket. A 4-day ticket must be used with 7 days of the designated start date; a 5-day ticket must be used within 8 days of the start date. It makes it very hard to do a cruise in the middle anymore without purchasing a full 10-day ticket (valid for 14 days) and wasting some unused days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts