DVC welcome home greeting at park entry?

I didn't get it for the 2 days I was there end of July. Very very sad...šŸ˜¢

Got it in May though.

Ok- so I did not get it this whole week with one exception - it worked prefect at Typhoon Lagoon. But not at the regular 4 parks. Just got a slight green light and it didnā€™t even make a whole green circle- CMs just said I was fine and keep going . Kids and husband got normal green lights. I miss my pink welcome home. I used to always get it. Another thing I miss- DVC sliders. I have one that I got when I bought resale in 2015.. but just bought new direct points and CMs said they havenā€™t given them out in years. I want one more for my husband so hope they make them again some day!

I always look for it, and last trip I always got it. But I'll bet DH never noticed one way or another. He just doesn't want the blue light that says he's not OK to enter.

I was just there Monday (8/8) @ the MK and Wednesday (8/10) @ HS. Both times we did rope drop and we did not have to do our fingerprints and mine did not light up pink nor say ā€œwelcome homeā€. But on Tuesday 8/9 we went to typhoon lagoon and we did do our fingerprints and mine did light up pink and said ā€œ welcome homeā€. Maybe when you do your fingerprints that might have something todo with it ā€¦ or notā€¦. who knows!?!

I was just there Monday (8/8) @ the MK and Wednesday (8/10) @ HS. Both times we did rope drop and we did not have to do our fingerprints and mine did not light up pink nor say ā€œwelcome homeā€. But on Tuesday 8/9 we went to typhoon lagoon and we did do our fingerprints and mine did light up pink and said ā€œ welcome homeā€. Maybe when you do your fingerprints that might have something todo with it ā€¦ or notā€¦. who knows!?!
My guess is that Typhoon Lagoon is older technology. As others have said, the 4 parks don't seem to fully light up the circle anymore.

Just resurrecting this thread from the dead for a quick question.

Does anyone know how to get the greeting to announce? I am linked in MDE to my DVC account. Talked to DVC at the lounge they said talk to Guest Services at the Park. I did that and they said they had no idea.
Just curious if anyone actually knows how this works. I've seen others get it to work so it is just annoying that mine won't.

Does anyone know how to get the greeting to announce? I am linked in MDE to my DVC account. Talked to DVC at the lounge they said talk to Guest Services at the Park. I did that and they said they had no idea.
Just curious if anyone actually knows how this works. I've seen others get it to work so it is just annoying that mine won't.
Having your own DVC account and your own MDE account is all that is required.
However I haven't gotten the greeting since last April and that includes a trip last week. Just some weird, sad whitish, barely pinkish colors when entering. Definitely wouldn't spend more than a couple minutes trying to make it happen.

Mine was spotty about a year ago, but worked perfect last couple trips. Some are louder than others. Like some are embarrassingly loud, and some you can barely make out. Maybe you just can't hear that particular one?

I didn't realize this was supposed to happen. We were in WDW for our Welcome Home trip in November and I never had a greeting or noticed a pink/purple light (I have the new MagicBand+.) My light was definitely different than my kids though...it was weird and looked like it didn't go all the way around the circle...a blueish color, but not the blue that you get when you did something wrong. I'd often hesitate because I wasn't sure if I needed to rescan and the cast members would just waive me on and say I was good. I wonder if it's just malfunctioning now? I'm kind of disappointed, I want to hear "Welcome Home"! I'm off to google it now and see if there's a YouTube video of what it's supposed to look/sound like.

I didn't realize this was supposed to happen. We were in WDW for our Welcome Home trip in November and I never had a greeting or noticed a pink/purple light (I have the new MagicBand+.) My light was definitely different than my kids though...it was weird and looked like it didn't go all the way around the circle...a blueish color, but not the blue that you get when you did something wrong. I'd often hesitate because I wasn't sure if I needed to rescan and the cast members would just waive me on and say I was good. I wonder if it's just malfunctioning now? I'm kind of disappointed, I want to hear "Welcome Home"! I'm off to google it now and see if there's a YouTube video of what it's supposed to look/sound like.
That's what I've been getting as well during the past year. Before that it was a mix - sometimes green. Sometimes the pink combo.

We didnā€™t get it last month. I hope it comes back but if it doesnā€™t, cā€™est la vie!

I didn;t get the Welcome Home and lights anywhere last month...AND I had to rescan my finger info every single day. SOmething is amiss with their computer system. (Not that it is anything new.)

And even weirded, my iphone wouldn't open the resort doors, but magic bands worked fine.

I get it but can never seem to hear what it says- now I know its 'welcome home' :)

I haven't gotten it in probably 2 years. It's more magical when it's unexpected anyway. As long as I get green and am properly admitted into the park, I know it'll be a good day.

Mine doesnā€™t work when I use MB+ but it does when I use magic mobile on my phone or watch. If I use a normal MB it works unless its a MB with special effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter