DVC welcome home greeting at park entry?

AGP

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they got rid of the pink light and welcome home greeting for when you enter a park? I have always gotten it since they started it a few years ago but noticed I no longer do this trip. Wondering if it’s gone for all or just me.

We were there last month and It loudly exclaimed “Welcome Home” and turned pink/purple. The lady next to me looked rather disgusted 😂😂

Interesting… so not sure why mine doesn’t work any more, esp after I now bought more direct points since my last trip in Feb when it did work…hmmm... I did get one of those new bands, but that shouldn’t matter

What is this? When you tap in to park with magic band with MDE linked to DVC blue card?
Blue card/white card, it shouldn't matter. I believe all that's necessary is that you have your DVC account linked to your MDE account. I'm an associate member and not even eligible for a membership card and I get the DVC color scheme at the park entrance touch points.

During our early May 2022 trip, we often got the Pink light and welcome home. I would say it was 80% of the time. Not as frequent as in the past. But then we often did early entry and it might be that we didn't get it when the cast members were just rushing people through. Maybe they can turn it off to speed up the process?

I did not get the purple light/welcome home at all last week but did every time until this past trip. I did get the new magic bands so I thought maybe it was related to that.

Both Tom and I get Welcome Home colors just about every time. We were last there over 4th of July.

None of us got it this past week using either previous Magic Bands or the new Magic Band+. You got some very weird, quick green light and that was it. Interestingly enough, when DS used his Apple Watch, he got the DVC lights like we used to.

Mine worked at Epcot and MK last month. I did not get it at HS. No rhyme or reason on why it works sometime and not others.

It worked for me in March but this trip now it hasnt worked once. In fact I don’t even get a green light most of the time, just a strange blue one and then the CM telling me it’s registered and I’m good to go. i wondered if it was my magic band, that I have had for at least 5 years, is finally giving up the ghost.

It was more hit or miss over trip that ended last Thursday for Me.

i had wondered if the new MB would put an end to the practice.

Admittedly, it’s a silly little thing. However, it would put a smile on our faces when entering the parks, will miss it if it’s going to go poof unless you embrace the new MB

re the new MB. a CM did permit us to examine one out of the box. They are as bulky as our small sized apple watches with an unexpected high profile that I don’t find esthetically pleasing.

The mr is on the fence. The idea of charging yet another device daily & comments we’ve heard re draining existing apple devices (No idea if true or not)??? Is enough for me to pass for now.

We did our first trip as members in May, and we got the purple light every time, or at least every time I remembered to look at it lol. It's noisy at the tapstiles, so I could only hear the "Welcome Home" if I leaned my head down toward it a bit. Did I look like a goober doing that? Probably. Do I care? Definitely not 🤷‍♂️

I'd be surprised if it's gone, probably just a technical glitch

We both got Welcome Home enough last month to not notice any difference from previous trips. Of course, we didn’t have any MB+ at the time.

It's always been hit or miss for us - recently and pre-covid. I think we can chalk it up to Disney's amazing IT.

We got it in March. The CMs didn't say Welcome Home, but the color was purple instead of green.

In May, got it also around 80% of the time. DH, whose name is Joint on 5 contracts, never gets it. Only about 5% of the time does a CM mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!