DVC - .SVG files for Cricut cutter

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Anyone have a DVC logo in .svg format that will work in CRICUT Maker app? or any resource for Disney type fun stuff to cut vinyl ?

We buy all our Disney svg files on Etsy. If it isn’t available there, my sister uses the trace feature on her silhouette machine and we create what we want!

She has also joined some silhouette Facebook groups that share svg files for free!

There is an online web page that has a free app that is able to turn any image into an SVG format file for free. I forget what the web page is called. It's probably Googleable. Most of the online scrapbook groups talk about it all the time. There might even be some YouTube tutorials showing how to use it.

There is an online web page that has a free app that is able to turn any image into an SVG format file for free. I forget what the web page is called. It's probably Googleable. Most of the online scrapbook groups talk about it all the time. There might even be some YouTube tutorials showing how to use it.

The Svg for CUT ends up a; blotchy

Anyone have a DVC logo in .svg format that will work in CRICUT Maker app? or any resource for Disney type fun stuff to cut vinyl ?
I would think that Etsy is a great source where you can buy them, just search for disney svg. Not long ago for my niece birthday I got a cute PArty Hat svg from SVGDesign.com I'm sure that there are plenty of related svg/s, I'm always looking for free ones, if you find any Disney related please post. Thank you.

I don't mean this to sound patronizing. Google has an advanced image search page that makes finding this sort of thing really easy.

In particular, the selection box for file type. Set that to svg and off to the races.

In my experience, converting a bitmap to SVG is a little bit art, a little bit science, and a little luck, but if you need it done, feel free to send me a message. It's a common part of decorative machining and lasercutting, and I'll give it a whack.

This tool is pretty good. There is also a trace routine built into InkScape but if you can manage to install the extension, adding Centerline trace into InkScape makes a huge difference.

The Svg for CUT ends up a; blotchy
When you search for a bitmap (jpg, png, bmp...) to convert to an SVG, get the biggest, highest resolution image you can. Ideally, find a source image thats 2000x3000 or larger. That will give any trace routine smoother averaged curves to make a line out of.

Not sure if this is what you need, I just ripped a normal picture from the web and used illustrator to export to .svg
Loading a bitmap in Illustrator and then exporting an SVG will just embed the image into the file as a bitmap. An SVG file is not a record of the image in the same way that a jpg or gif is. Instead of saving the color of each pixel, it sames the location of geometry that makes up the image. Length, angle, and position of lines and circles. CNC machines (including CNC tadpoles like cricut) use this data to move the tooling (vinyl cutter, laser, whatever) and the workpiece.

I did find two recent projects that someone might like...

The Haunted Mansion grate is meant to be resizable and cut out to make actual heating register screens. I did a very large one in bronze once to make the front of a fireplace screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter