DVC Should Pay for Mears Transportation

For the most part, I don’t want to drive when I get to WDW. That’s part of the vacation experience of being on site. It’s just my fiancé and I. Although we are not fans of bus delays, we really don’t mind it as a form of transportation or while we are at WDW (I can see how it may not be attractive for a family, especially with small children and strollers).

On the one hand, I feel like Disney should pay to get me to the resort, the same as a lot of marquee hotels offer airport transportation. On the other, if I have to pay a reasonable charge, I’m not going to complain. That’s the only transportation charge I’ll have to pay on my trips, so it’s not bad. I’m especially a fan if it lowers dues (ie transportation costs not built in), as I feel like a “pay based on what you use” model is the most equitable if you are going to charge.

“pay based on what you use” model is the most equitable if you are going to charge.

Of course everyone is charged their share of parking lot maintenance even though they didn't drive. And that will continue. And everyone paid a bit to DME even if they didn't use it. Only those who were dropped off by some other service were having both charges and receiving nothing back. The people who drive will be making out like bandits now compared to everyone else as the parking lot will still be subsidized for them. ;)

Question: If you valet park at the resorts that have them and you park overnight, are you charged both for the valet and the overnight parking?

The people who drive will be making out like bandits now compared to everyone else as the parking lot will still be subsidized for them. ;)

But this is kinda a global thing. How does a grocery store pay for it's parking lot? It still has to have one. It has to maintain it. It has to clean it. it has to repaint it. It has someone pick up carts from the lot. That's baked into the price of the goods. Not everyone uses those services. The person who lives close enough to walk to the store is paying higher prices (albeit pennies) for that parking lot even though they do not use it.

Every company to some extent or another has some ancillary costs (like a parking lot) that is part of their overhead. Again, not every customer will use all of those services - but they are still there and must be paid for. But could you imagine trying to price things otherwise? There are some models that do some of that - charging for bags, the use of shopping carts, etc.... but in general they get a lot of pushback from consumers.

But this is kinda a global thing. How does a grocery store pay for it's parking lot? It still has to have one. It has to maintain it. It has to clean it. it has to repaint it. It has someone pick up carts from the lot. That's baked into the price of the goods. Not everyone uses those services. The person who lives close enough to walk to the store is paying higher prices (albeit pennies) for that parking lot even though they do not use it.

Did my wink emoji not show up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter