DVC resale-which company?

gwensgoofy

Mouseketeer
I have searched and can't locate a thread that lists the (reputable) companies selling DVC for resale. Obviously have the timeshare store bookmarked, but I'd love to know positive experiences from other resale purchasers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked this same question a couple weeks ago: https://www.disboards.com/threads/resale-sites.3759554/

I've used Vacatia, Timeshare Store, DVC Sales, and DVC by Resale. I had a good experience with all except for DVC Sales as the contract I offered on didn't have the points as advertised. DVC Resale Market sells a lot of contracts but seems slightly overpriced and less willing to negotiate.

Sorry I totally disagree i used www.DVCResaleMarket.com and found there prices lower then many of the others and you can make an offer, it is not them that says yes or no it is the seller they have no control over this.

I made offers on both of the DVC contracts and both offers were accepted only the first was taken by Disney and the second went through at a lot less then others were advertising for the same points ect so I think your post is unfair to them

We used **********.com The whole staff, but ********** in particular, was fantastic to work with.

Sorry I totally disagree i used DVC Resale Market and found there prices lower then many of the others and you can make an offer, it is not them that says yes or no it is the seller they have no control over this.

I made offers on both of the DVC contracts and both offers were accepted only the first was taken by Disney and the second went through at a lot less then others were advertising for the same points ect so I think your post is unfair to them

I totally understand you have your own experience. However, in my experience, they wouldn't even present my offer to the seller. And I think it's totally fair to share my experience. Thanks.

I totally understand you have your own experience. However, in my experience, they wouldn't even present my offer to the seller. And I think it's totally fair to share my experience. Thanks.

Its all done online and as stated against Florida law and I would be shocked a large company would take that risk of being sued.

You may also be limited to the broker that lists the contract that meets your requirements.
I am no lawyer but I would be shocked if it were legal to not present an offer to the buyer (unless maybe the buyer tells the agent not to present them with anything less than X)

I personally would not sell something thru such a place, as it is MY property and MY right to decide on the sell price.

Anyway, just wanted to add on, that when you do make an offer, I would put an expiration on the offer. If it one where you have a few possible contracts that can meet your needs, I would put in an offer and say it is good for 48 hours only.

Some sellers seem to **** around, while the other contracts you could act on get swiped up. And when we all get notifications on our phones instantly, even 48 hours is pushing it in my eyes.
If a seller cant get back to you in that time, then move along.

Had a great experience with DVCSales and really think Mark & Lori are on the ball. I had a negative experience years back but that is now significantly changed in my view. Fidelity is my go-to even though I don't understand their processes any more. It used to be that their website was SOOOO outdated I didn't even look at it. Now, it updates and you have to submit an offer online. Even with their admin fee of $195, I find them significantly less expensive, more responsive and simply the better experience. I've used Timeshare store and had great experiences too except I do not like their website anymore.. honestly, it's so bad it's annoying to even open. It used to be the best, but now the worst imo. DVC resale market is the best for sellers not buyers. Their prices are significantly higher than anyone else, but their business and service is solid. Just not solid as a buyer :). I put an offer with Resales DVC, got confirmation of offer that was incorrect, pointed out mistake and got new confirmation. Seller countered, I declined, and never heard a word again from them again. Very poor experience; will not attempt using them again.

Last edited:

That seems crazy to me that they wouldn't present your offer. To present an offer you simply have to call the seller and if they don't answer then send them an email. It takes about two minutes to present an offer even if the offer is only $2 per point.

That's against florida law, I believe.
Of course, if you offer on a house in Florida you fill out paperwork, submit an offer and sign paperwork. You also show your deposit.

When you offer on a DVC property the brokers are taking the offer verbally or via email. The buyer doesn't have to sign anything. Of course, a company should present all offers to a seller. It is very simple to present an offer. If you are making an offer and the broker says they are not presenting the offer I would recommend emailing them the offer with all the names you want on the deed, address, phone number and if you are paying cash or financing. If they respond to that email saying they won't present the offer then I would be completely shocked.

Of course, if you were to call a broker and said I want to offer $102 per point and only give them the info as "Chuck" then I would be surprised if they would make that offer. If the seller accepts they need all the information to put the agreement together. A buyer making an offer should be providing all the information to the broker or associate via phone or email.

We used Fidelity in 2012. Got the email around 2:00 PM, offered $4 a point less immediately, it was accepted almost immediately and within an hour the contract was underway.

I am currently using **********.com I made an offer online at 9pm on a Sunday. I received a phonecall immediately afterwards to go over the offer. I had an accepted offer within the hour. I couldn't believe how much they accomplished within an hour on a Sunday evening. The contracts were sent to me the next morning to sign and I was given the address to send the deposit to the attorney. The contracts were also signed that day from the seller. This was all done withing 12 hours of my offer. 17 days later, we passed ROFR (yesterday). I received two congratulatory emails from **********.com and a follow-up phone call detailing the next steps. They have been wonderful with the whole process thus far.

That seems crazy to me that they wouldn't present your offer. To present an offer you simply have to call the seller and if they don't answer then send them an email. It takes about two minutes to present an offer even if the offer is only $2 per point.

I have also had this happen to me with the same company mentioned. The sales agent I was working with basically said “the seller told my colleague that they wouldn’t accept any offer that wasn’t within $2 of asking price”, and didn’t actually pass my offer (which was not a lowball at all) onto the seller.

I suppose there can be good and not-so-good experiences with any broker. I want to give a shout-out to www.dvcresalemarket.com. I was prepared to pay big(ger) $$ to Dave's DVC to rent a 2BR and Studio at BCV/BWV (summer 2020) when we decided to look at DVC resale. I had waited and knew the time to process/close would push up against any 7 month window so when we made our offer (OKW), I expressed my urgency (pretty lame of me as I am sure we are ALL eager to get closed), and my offer was accepted within an hour, and like others I had paperwork done in faster-than-stated average times, passed ROFR within a few weeks of initial offer (Whew!), and am now getting our DVC log in credentials. Great communication by the broker throughout, including a few nice "congratulations" messages as things made it through the process. Great people there, in my opinion.

I have no doubt the other big brokers also act this way to make the process less painful with some magical moments. A very nice start to owning DVC.

I have also had this happen to me with the same company mentioned. The sales agent I was working with basically said “the seller told my colleague that they wouldn’t accept any offer that wasn’t within $2 of asking price”, and didn’t actually pass my offer (which was not a lowball at all) onto the seller.

I see listings from many resale DVC companies that states seller will only take a full offer price, so are they not doing the same then?

The broker was offering advice as they speak to the seller and know what the seller has told them if the seller says to the broker do not send any offers my way below a certain dollar amount then they are only doing as they are being instructed.

It may not be the broker but the seller who stipulates this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!